What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours thread

nrlnrl

First Grade
I hear 9 news Sydney had story on Lachlan Coote and Jennings, both linked to us?

I only saw the 6pm version & they had a story on Jennings being unhappy with management at Penrith. Danny Weeeeedler mentioned that the Dragons were interested, no mention of Coote.

As you wrote in your next post, we could field a squad with players linked to the club. I hope they are making money from all these players eating at St George Leagues Club restaurant.

Drop Bear

Juniors
I only saw the 6pm version & they had a story on Jennings being unhappy with management at Penrith. Danny Weeeeedler mentioned that the Dragons were interested, no mention of Coote.

As you wrote in your next post, we could field a squad with players linked to the club. I hope they are making money from all these players eating at St George Leagues Club restaurant.

LOL, They must be making bucket loads of cash at the leagues club!!
Or there running a 2 for 1 special? lol

The Nick

Bench
According to sports news first on twitter "Reports that Lachlan Coote is set to leave Panthers - he is being linked to Dragons"

Seems you're not a true NRL player until you've been linked to the Dragons.

rushndude

Bench
Nah mate. You're thinking of Josh Reynolds from the Bulldogs. He went to Kogarah Marist but went through the Bulldogs junior system (i.e., Mathews and S.G.)

I'm pretty sure Adam Reynolds is a Souths junior.
Ahh yes my bad, it was Josh. Had the two mixed up.

dragonzero

Juniors
So lets make a team from these signings that are apparently coming to us

1.B Stewart
2.L Coote
3. M Jennings
7. M Pearce
10. J Smith
11. M Crocker
12.L Lewis
13. G Stewart

Coach: R Stuart

Anyone else?

RedVDave

First Grade
So lets make a team from these signings that are apparently coming to us

1. L. Coote
2. B. Stewart
3. M. Jennings
4. S. Matai
5. W. Naiqma
6. S. Prince
7. M Pearce
8. J. Smith
9. C. Cronk
10. T. Williams
11. M. Crocker
12. L. Lewis
13. G. Stewart

14. C. Townsend
15. D. Mortimor
16. R. Robinson
17. J. Dugan

Coach: R Stuart

Anyone else?

I Know a lot are out of position but managaed to get a whole team out of it.

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Scott Prince is 32. He is close to retiring. The Gold Coast suits him. Please let him spend the rest of his days there!

Agree with your opinion on Prince.....and whilst we're on the subject of players... I would take Coote and Lewis anyday .....No to Crocker and Mortimer please.......Ones (Crocker) getting on in years and the other imo is not what we're looking for.......Just on the Lachlan Coote rumour isnt that why we purchased Beale to play fullback......

blacksafake

First Grade
Have heard from a bunnies man that we are talking to Croker as souths only offered him a one year contract & we are looking at two years.I know he is at the back end of his career but he is still playing well.I have always liked him & wherever he goes the club does well.I don't think we'll get Smith back from the sharks so i for one would be more than happy to sign him as he will add toughness,fear,experience & professionalism which we need.The added bonus is he is much better than Miller,Ah Mau & a few others. Thoughts?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sorry black, but that's old 'news' that was put back in its box. Apparently Croker was seen having dinner in St George Leagues Club, just a family night out.

But an interesting exercise in how getting stuck into some prawn cutlets can morph itself into a two-year contract.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Btw, I don't know for sure if it was prawn cutlets. But my sauce is usually on the money.