What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Cam Smiths leg pull?

LESStar58

Referee
Anyone else see Quinn change course while retreating (offside) to deliberately get in the way of an attacking play, and not get penalised?

Melbourne are the dirtiest team in the comp by some way. Quite obviously coached to cheat; yet apparently the cheating culture was only Waldron... :sarcasm:

Aren't you a Knights fan? Johns got away with murder constantly (head slamming, abusing touch judges etc).

And how many players in the 1997 premiership side were on the 'roids?

A Knights fan calling the Storm cheats, while justifiable, is a bit rich.

Because he knows how to speak politely to refs unlike the likes of Gallen he has a good reputation in the media.

But that leg pull was disgraceful. He didn't even try to make it look like part of the tackle which they usually do. The others were tackling the player and he was just standing there playing with the leg.

Why shouldn't he get a week or two off.

You are seriously deluded

Just like cream on strawberries or salt on chips, all we now need is for storm fans to enter this thread & start posting excuses.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Aren't you a Knights fan? Johns got away with murder constantly (head slamming, abusing touch judges etc).

Correct me If I'm wrong, but two of his suspensions were for a headslam on Dykes in 2001, and a verbal spray on Checcin in 2006. How is that getting away with it?

Last edited:

Red Bear

Referee
Anyone else see Quinn change course while retreating (offside) to deliberately get in the way of an attacking play, and not get penalised?

Melbourne are the dirtiest team in the comp by some way. Quite obviously coached to cheat; yet apparently the cheating culture was only Waldron... :sarcasm:
Not surprising really, Quinn is a total f**kwit

LESStar58

Referee
There was more than one headslam after that, against Penrith IIRC in 2002. The spray he gave. either ceccin or a touchie (2006 was the year for sure) I am sure went unpunished. Of course if I'm wrong I will submit as your memory might be better than mine...

Lynoman

Bench

What a typical Melbourne supporter. Pay the man not the ball. And using an 2 year old's argument too. You tell me, how many teams in the history of the league had their premierships taken back through proven cheating? Not just speculation.

As for Smith, I heard someone call him the greatest hooker ever. I burst out in laughter. He wouldn't have cut it in an era of hard men, he would have catted out in 5 second. Most over-rated player in history.

junior009

Juniors
What about the knees dropped into the back off Hindmarsh straight after halftime? Cameron Smith is a serial grub

Lynoman

Bench
There was more than one headslam after that, against Penrith IIRC in 2002. The spray he gave. either ceccin or a touchie (2006 was the year for sure) I am sure went unpunished. Of course if I'm wrong I will submit as your memory might be better than mine...

He was out for two game after that. FFS, if you're going to slander someone, at least get your facts right.

LESStar58

Referee
What a typical Melbourne supporter. Pay the man not the ball. And using an 2 year old's argument too. You tell me, how many teams in the history of the league had their premierships taken back through proven cheating? Not just speculation.

As for Smith, I heard someone call him the greatest hooker ever. I burst out in laughter. He wouldn't have cut it in an era of hard men, he would have catted out in 5 second. Most over-rated player in history.

"Pay the man" :lol:

I'll get my facts straight when you get a basic grasp on English comprehension, you goose!

The answer is one; Melbourne. Canterbury would have suffered the same fate in 2002/03 but got caught beforehand. Melbourne, rightfully, have nothing to show for 2006 to 2010 except a wooden spoon. If the Dogs had gone all the way in 2002 who is to say they wouldn't have had the whistle blown on them the following year?

Newcastle had players, including the Churchill Medallist, on performance enhancing substances. This is not speculation it is fact. Wayne Richards, Steven Crowe, Robbie Odavis and Adam MacDougall were all on the juice at the time. Why isn't that disgrace talked about in the same breath as Storm and Canterbury? Rodney Howe might have been done in the same year but at least he never won a premiership on the 'roids.

I am glad Sterlo highlighted it. He won't get suspended for it. He rarely gets penalised for anything on the field, never gets called for a forward pass, can do no wrong. Protected species.

LESStar58

Referee
Just make more of a big deal about it in the papers and the refs will start paying attention...just like wrestling, obstruction etc.

Afterthought, we are in a form slump and no longer in pole position for the minor premiership. As long as it stays that way nobody is going to complain.

Last edited:

firechild

First Grade
Newcastle had players, including the Churchill Medallist, on performance enhancing substances. This is not speculation it is fact. Wayne Richards, Steven Crowe, Robbie Odavis and Adam MacDougall were all on the juice at the time. Why isn't that disgrace talked about in the same breath as Storm and Canterbury? Rodney Howe might have been done in the same year but at least he never won a premiership on the 'roids.

Because it was a fairytale story. The struggling city of Newcastle had something to cheer about when their team won their maiden premiership against a side hated by others who had dominated the last 3 years. All right in the middle of the ARL v Sewer League war. Fact is, they cheated and should have had more consequences for their collective actions. It's not like it was just one or 2 players.

jonno_knights

Juniors
MacDougall's drug use was such a disgrace that he recieved permission from the NRL to continue using them for the rest of his career...

LESStar58

Referee
Because it was a fairytale story. The struggling city of Newcastle had something to cheer about when their team won their maiden premiership against a side hated by others who had dominated the last 3 years. All right in the middle of the ARL v Sewer League war. Fact is, they cheated and should have had more consequences for their collective actions. It's not like it was just one or 2 players.

So because its a fairytale story its okay to turn a blind eye to the wrongs that were commited? I reckon a rugby league side in Melbourne where the game is an afterthought is a fairytale story as well. Still, it counted for f**k all come April 22 in 2010.

I'll throw up a hypothetical scenario; can you imagine the NRl turning a blind eye to, for instance, Manly breaching the cap the year they won the grand final by a record margin. Sure, they might have cheated but hey, as long as there is some emotive factor behind them doing it, let's leave them be.

Not all Melbourne players were the beneficiaries of extra payments yet the entire squad, staff and fan base of that era paid the piper as a collective. Newcastle should have been punished collectively. As Melbourne and the Bulldogs were.

firechild

First Grade
So because its a fairytale story its okay to turn a blind eye to the wrongs that were commited?

Absolutely not. As a Manly supporter I was furious when I found out about the drug use by the team that had beaten us in a grand final. I'm simply explaining why it was brushed under the carpet by the ARL/NRL heirachy. The Darren Albert try is still displayed as one of the classic grand final moments and it's a shame that it is celebrated despite the fact it was a grand final won under dubious circumstances. We've now lost 2 grand finals to teams that had illegal advantages.

With respect to your hypothetical, I'd expect Manly to be punished just as Melbourne were if that were to happen and I'd be livid with those involved.

Latest posts