What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did we end up here?

strider

Post Whore
No you've missed the point. I'm blaming Anderson for where we were last year, and I'll be blaming Kearney for where we end up next year.

I credit Hagan with what happened in 2009, and to a lesser extent, in 2010.

hmmmm - i think we are missing a year ..... who do we blame for this year? :lol:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
ParraAds, Ihave just gpot in from work to read your response

What I posted is deas set true, DF hates the current admin with a passion and winds up Raaay and others constantly. He is around, make no mistake, when you see the names he is behind, I think you will agree

That certainly fits with everything else we see and hear.

strider

Post Whore
f course he hates them ... and they hate him too .... surely that's all been blatantly obvious for the last 5 odd years

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
f course he hates them ... and they hate him too .... surely that's all been blatantly obvious for the last 5 odd years

But not everybody who hates someone else has the capability or intent to act on it.

The fact is, while the board is in power they are the club. You can't hurt the board without also hurting the Parramatta Eels.

strider

Post Whore
pfffft ... they went hard at him to get him out .... they can't really just expect him to shut up and go away - of course he's gonna come back at them .... they had their turn at doing the hurting, now he's having his .... what goes around comes around - etc etc etc

Kornstar

Coach
Mostly Kearney, with a lot of Anderson and a dash of Hagan.

No coach starts with a clean slate unless it's an expansion club.

I don't know if you are baiting or not but fmd, that is the biggest load of shit I have ever heard!

Are you suggesting that Folkes still takes some credit for the Bulldogs this year? FFS Des has been the difference!

By your way of thinking, Des would be better off losing the GF to Manly because then he can collect the premiership ring because he was there last year.......if the Bulldogs win, Des will give his premiership ring to Moore, Dymock and Folkes, right?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't know if you are baiting or not but fmd, that is the biggest load of shit I have ever heard!

Considering the rest of your post I'd say you have misunderstood.

Are you suggesting that Folkes still takes some credit for the Bulldogs this year?

No but Moore definitely should; apart from Perrett and Inu he built the team.

FFS Des has been the difference!

Like Hagan in '01 and Stuart in '02? We know Des is a great coach, so it's easy to assume the Bulldogs' current form is all down to him, but that is missing the fact that Hasler didn't build this team.

By your way of thinking, Des would be better off losing the GF to Manly because then he can collect the premiership ring because he was there last year.......if the Bulldogs win, Des will give his premiership ring to Moore, Dymock and Folkes, right?

Things aren't as simple as you would like them to be.

If a coach wins a premiership in his first year at a club of course he deserves some credit. But not as much credit as if he had won the premiership in his fifth year, like Des did at Manly in '08 (#FiveYearPlan).

What if Toovey wins the comp this year? Do you really think he will deserve all the credit for it? Des Hasler built that f**king team over eight years.

Now consider this - Ivan Cleary left the Warriors for the Panthers this year and both clubs got worse. What does that mean to you?

bartman

Immortal
Who cares? A coach has full responsibility for getting the most out of the side they have at their disposal. If the coach are good enough to get a side to the finals, then they earn the credit. And if they are poor enough to have their side finish 15rth one year and 16th then next, they cop the deserved razz - end of imo.

Suitman

Post Whore
This kind of closed-mindedness pretty much sums you up.

What I find more disturbing is that Bart is the only Eels fan on this forum who displays a wooden spoon in his sig.
I'd only expect such behavior from a Bulldogs troll.
It's as if he's trying to prove some sort of "I told youse all so" point.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
Think what you like Suity... as I said in response to Poupou's endless and discredited point about first year coaches above, who cares?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Many of the more astute posters on this forum knew that Kearney wasn't the answer a long time ago. If this makes them deathriders then so be it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Most of them thought Anderson was the answer though, so they're hardly astute. They just guess and get it wrong as often as not.

Anyway I think every coach we get is the answer so I always end up wrong.

Suitman

Post Whore
Anyway I think every coach we get is the answer so I always end up wrong.

So do I.
We follow Parra. Eventually, we'll get one right.

Then there are those who know which coaches will get it right and which coaches will get it wrong.
Although I'm yet to meet one.

Suity

Kornstar

Coach
Considering the rest of your post I'd say you have misunderstood.

No but Moore definitely should; apart from Perrett and Inu he built the team.

Like Hagan in '01 and Stuart in '02? We know Des is a great coach, so it's easy to assume the Bulldogs' current form is all down to him, but that is missing the fact that Hasler didn't build this team.

Things aren't as simple as you would like them to be.

If a coach wins a premiership in his first year at a club of course he deserves some credit. But not as much credit as if he had won the premiership in his fifth year, like Des did at Manly in '08 (#FiveYearPlan).

What if Toovey wins the comp this year? Do you really think he will deserve all the credit for it? Des Hasler built that f**king team over eight years.

Now consider this - Ivan Cleary left the Warriors for the Panthers this year and both clubs got worse. What does that mean to you?

It means that no one knows shit about the inner workings of specific clubs.

It means you speak so much shit and you act like you are above everyone else (this is proven when you call people uneccessary names etc. just to degrade them for the sake of it to make you feel superior) "informing" us of so called "facts" that you just make up based on assumptions.......

It means that you are correct that it is not as simple as it seems and each case should be assessed on its merits. Souths are the perfect example! Lang built the team but was obviously out of his depth to get the best out of them, McGuire has come in and made them a top 4 side.

Who should get the credit for Souths? Crowe? He seemed to be the biggest draw card that lured their big names there. McGuire has them in the finals though, what do we make of this? I know what I think but I am sure you want to credit someone else, maybe Holmes à court?

If Manly win the comp, yes, Toovey will get credit! He has been at Manly the entire time that Des was there......

McLennan obviously was very much like Kearney and just did not know how to get the best out of his players.

Cleary was up against it the second he started, he had the same mandate as Kearney. He won 8 games this year, they improved in the second half of the year.......he will be under pressure early next year if they start poorly!

Avenger

Immortal
The cancer has spread to every thread with the same common denominator. Stephen Kearney to the power of poo.