What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin Eligibility changes

Canard

Immortal
For mine he is no longer eligible, maybe they are letting him come along as a last hurrah.

When you declared is surely meaningless otherwise stuff would be getting back dated.

Son of Minto

Bench
If Sims is clearly ineligible for Qld why has Mal roped him into an emerging Origin camp? I expect a hilarious answer.

He was eligible under the old rules. You know those old rules that were around when this squad was picked in early December. Your stupidity is the most hilarious thing out of all of this.

He was eligible under the old rules. You know those old rules that were around when this squad was picked in early December. Your stupidity is the most hilarious thing out of all of this.
What difference does it make when the squad was picked? If a bloke is NOT eligible to play for a team it is geniused that he join that team for a camp. Are Queenslanders really so stupid they would pick a bloke who is NOT eligible to play for them? Actually I think I know the answer to that.

Nightward

Juniors
Based on the evidence available at the time to all parties, it was believed that Greg Inglis was a Queenslander. The NSWRL in particular were laughing their heads off because they believed the move was going to be an epic blunder from Queensland and that he would be completely exposed at Origin level.

Turned out that wasn't the case, presto chango evidence suggesting he was incorrectly selected appears, and we have the annual "But he should be playing for uuuuuuuuuuus!" threads.

Is there anything even vaguely comparable happening on the back of Akuila Uate, James Tamou, or others playing for NSW with even less ambiguity as to who they ought to be representing? No.

Suck it up and move on already, it's been six years.

Korbin Sims may play for Queensland based on the same rules that allowed selection of Uate and Tamou for NSW. If you're going to campaign for the new rules to be stringently applied, you can kiss goodbye to at least two of NSW's better players, and most of their hope in the near to medium future of a series win to boot.

The past was a mess regardless of which state you support. Hopefully the new rules will help with that, but the only way to find out is to wait and see.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
So he is ineligible.

He did NOT live in Qld before he turned 13.
His dad did NOT play for Qld
and
He has NOT played Origin for Qld.

If he is allowed to play it is in violation of the rules.

Greg Inglis... Bowraville Tigers
Korbin Sims... Kiama Knights

Qld won't be happy until the whole list is made up of NSW clubs.

Repeat yourself and smash your bitter little fists on the keyboard all you like, it won't change what the ARLC have said about it.

You seem to be in the same mould as El Dumbo in that you would be happy for a player to align himself with QLD as per the current (at the time) rules, be selected for and train with QLD, want to play for QLD, but be forced to wear sky blue.

Which is more geniused?

EDIT - added the statement from ARLC that from Under 18s onwards counts as Origin Representation:

"It would be an unusual situation (having two brothers playing on opposing sides in Origin), but we can't have a rule that is retrospective," the ARL's director of league integration and development Andrew Hill told AAP.
"The new rule is designed to commence for players commencing their representative football from this year.
"It's difficult to make a retrospective ruling.
"Under the new eligibility guidelines, there was a clear message that if you've already participated in representative football (from under 18s onwards) then that would stand."
That means Korbin, having played Queensland under 18s last year, and the likes of Greg Inglis, who has played 15 matches for Queensland but would be a Blue under new guidelines, will continue to wear maroon.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...ts-up-over-sims-confusion-20120417-1x599.html

Last edited:
So the ARLC are already making up the rules as they go along to give the cheats another leg up. The biggest joke of it all is that Qlders actually support this poaching of NSW players. Just goes to show what hypocritical, desperate f**ktards they are. They wank on about how great Qld and Qlders are yet they rely on ring-ins from NSW and then still crow about how great they are as a state. Inglis was NEVER eligible for Qld and neither was Sims, even under the old rules. But Qld gets away with it every time. In a few years when scum like Inglis, Smith and the likes are retired and the tables turn in NSW's favour, which they inevitably will one day, it will take about five minutes for the Qlders to start bitching about the advantages NSW have and how Origin is dying if NSW win, and anyway it was all because of the refs etc, etc. They get everything their way and they will still whinge and moan like old women.

Maroon_Faithful

Juniors
What difference does it make when the squad was picked? If a bloke is NOT eligible to play for a team it is geniused that he join that team for a camp. Are Queenslanders really so stupid they would pick a bloke who is NOT eligible to play for them? Actually I think I know the answer to that.

We were stupid enough to pick, say. Greg Inglis? Yeah, what a massive mistake that was. I can just hear Cyril Connell rolling over in his grave right now.:crazy:

El Diablo

Post Whore
Based on the evidence available at the time to all parties, it was believed that Greg Inglis was a Queenslander. The NSWRL in particular were laughing their heads off because they believed the move was going to be an epic blunder from Queensland and that he would be completely exposed at Origin level.

Turned out that wasn't the case, presto chango evidence suggesting he was incorrectly selected appears, and we have the annual "But he should be playing for uuuuuuuuuuus!" threads.

Is there anything even vaguely comparable happening on the back of Akuila Uate, James Tamou, or others playing for NSW with even less ambiguity as to who they ought to be representing? No.

Suck it up and move on already, it's been six years.

Korbin Sims may play for Queensland based on the same rules that allowed selection of Uate and Tamou for NSW. If you're going to campaign for the new rules to be stringently applied, you can kiss goodbye to at least two of NSW's better players, and most of their hope in the near to medium future of a series win to boot.

The past was a mess regardless of which state you support. Hopefully the new rules will help with that, but the only way to find out is to wait and see.

The new rule doesn't apply to players who have already played Origin

Sims hasn't

I wonder if in 5-10 years time if Queensland will be able to even field a team

Yes you were stupid enought to pick a NSWelshman for Qld. See, this is a representative series. You play for the state you are from. I know this is confusing to the fair-weather fans of Qld who just want to win everything no matter what and disappear in droves when they don't. It means you actually have to play by the rules. Or at least it was supposed to, until Qld were allowed to break the rules and pick a bloke who was not eligible under the old rules and certainly wouldn't be eligible under the new rules. And now they're doing it again with another kid from NSW and no one in Qld has a problem with this. What does that truly say about Qlders?

Maroon_Faithful

Juniors
So the ARLC are already making up the rules as they go along to give the cheats another leg up. The biggest joke of it all is that Qlders actually support this poaching of NSW players. Just goes to show what hypocritical, desperate f**ktards they are. They wank on about how great Qld and Qlders are yet they rely on ring-ins from NSW and then still crow about how great they are as a state. Inglis was NEVER eligible for Qld and neither was Sims, even under the old rules. But Qld gets away with it every time. In a few years when scum like Inglis, Smith and the likes are retired and the tables turn in NSW's favour, which they inevitably will one day, it will take about five minutes for the Qlders to start bitching about the advantages NSW have and how Origin is dying if NSW win, and anyway it was all because of the refs etc, etc. They get everything their way and they will still whinge and moan like old women.
How ironic that a post so adamant in it's condemnation of self-pity should be so infused with that very trait, from beginning to end.:roll: You weren't crying when you wrote this, were you?

I'm not interested in the eligibility rules. Stated allegiance is all that matters to me. If Inglis considers himself a QLDer, and is willing to spill blood for it, and fight for it, and cop a broken jaw for it, then he is as much a QLDer as I. Forcing players to represent a state to which they feel little or no emotional connection is infinitely worse than having cross-border infiltrations (which have been part of Origin since the very beginning). David Trewhella played his first senior football about 5 minutes drive from where I live (North Brisbane) and yet ended up playing for NSW. That was 25 years ago. Do you see us sitting here still going on about it? Let it go.

Maroon_Faithful

Juniors
Yes you were stupid enought to pick a NSWelshman for Qld. See, this is a representative series. You play for the state you are from. I know this is confusing to the fair-weather fans of Qld who just want to win everything no matter what and disappear in droves when they don't. It means you actually have to play by the rules. Or at least it was supposed to, until Qld were allowed to break the rules and pick a bloke who was not eligible under the old rules and certainly wouldn't be eligible under the new rules. And now they're doing it again with another kid from NSW and no one in Qld has a problem with this. What does that truly say about Qlders?
I can't help being a fair-weather fan of QLD. :lol:

Latest posts