What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs fullback Ben Barba stood down indefinitely

dogslife

Coach
Hmm the last time we were written off before the season started was 2004... Everyone else go home, we got dis

Cletus

First Grade
Something that he has had to deal with since he was a kid sounds like some sort of mental disorder (dont actually mean that in a bad way) ADD etc. Wouldnt think it is just the drink. I know, thinking of the problems kids have, maybe he has a habit of picking his nose in public and being the face of the league they could take it. lol.

Yeah I'd imagine it would be booze/drugs and issues. Doesn't explain why he was suspended though and something must have happened. If it was just to get himself right why didn't they just deal with it in house and say he did a hammy? It's no ones business if he hasn't done anything wrong so the only thing we can really take from the situation is that he's done something wrong. Which. will lead to endless speculation so they might as well have come out with it. Not impressed with the way they've handled it, its a bit half arsed.

_Johnsy

Referee
If he's back in a few weeks we'll all know it's a f**king publicity stunt. You don't go on about all these personal demons, troubled childhood, obvious gambling and alcohol issues and whatever else is going on in the little f**ks head and be recovered within weeks. If they're serious about this and Barba seriously has issues bad enough to almost get him sacked then 6 months will be the bare minimum. You don't come out and say he's ill and needs help and he's hit rock bottom and then a few weeks later say he's all better. Dogs are f**ked. Shit backs apart from Morris, shit halves without him and their best forward out for half the year.

Gee thanks Dr. Phil.

Slackboy72

Coach
So will canterbury look like the dragons in attack now that they don't have barba and refs to condone their obstruction plays?

497339-ben-barba_zpsf87b63e9.jpg

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Yeah Keating isn't very good at all and Reynolds no longer has Barba to finish his work off and make him look good. No doubt Reynolds is quality but without Barba I guarantee you his game will suffer.

Turner is average, McManus played for NSW too and even he's better than Turner. Inu sucks and Perrett doesn't do much anymore. I excluded Morris when I said they have crap backs. Havent seen enough of Lafai to convince me yet and Low is dead average.

Agree or disagree that's how I see it.

Lafai is massive talent imho. Barba though could be the difference between winning the big one or maybe a prelim final knockout. The Bulldogs to me are still a top 4 team without him but I would have Melbourne/Souths ahead of them.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If he's back in a few weeks we'll all know it's a f**king publicity stunt. You don't go on about all these personal demons, troubled childhood, obvious gambling and alcohol issues and whatever else is going on in the little f**ks head and be recovered within weeks. If they're serious about this and Barba seriously has issues bad enough to almost get him sacked then 6 months will be the bare minimum. You don't come out and say he's ill and needs help and he's hit rock bottom and then a few weeks later say he's all better. Dogs are f**ked. Shit backs apart from Morris, shit halves without him and their best forward out for half the year.
well done sir, your ignorance has surpassed all comers.

typicalfan

Coach
Lafai is massive talent imho. Barba though could be the difference between winning the big one or maybe a prelim final knockout. The Bulldogs to me are still a top 4 team without him but I would have Melbourne/Souths ahead of them.

I think this increases the pressure on the Bulldogs. Their 2 best players are out now and it could be for a lengthy period, this year was always going to be tougher on them as they are the hunted now. Bulldogs won't have many points in them without Barba and Graham and will rely heavily on their defense.

natheel

Coach
I hope Ben sorts his problems out what ever they may be and get back to footy so we can enjoy his brilliance. But gee it's going to be fun watching some bulldogs fans squirm in here

xcrap

Bench
Jonathan Thurston 2 replace Ben Barba launching the 2013 season on Wed night!

Cowboys fan will be nervous.

natheel

Coach
Shit backs and halves? I'll grant you that Keating isn't a world-beater, but Josh Reynolds was amongst the best in the game in 2013, and they're considering him for NSW.

As for our backs? Turner's played for NSW, Inu and Perrett are NZ internationals, Morris is a NSW & Australian rep, and we've got young blokes like Lafai and Low coming through who are very capable.

I seem to remember this was a shit team last year and they were minor premiers and grand finalists... so keep writing us off :thumb

Keating showed he isn't great in the gf

Hodkinson will step up if not injured though

Only back I can really guarantee tht will step up is josh Morris.

Inu goes missing to often to say he will be good again
Turner...meh
Perret is good but like inu can go missing

Reynolds played well but he had barba helping him

Dogs will fall if barba is gone for an extended period.

Latest posts