What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Immortal
Makes you wonder. Behind a half decent forward pack he can be much better for us. On the weekend he was shutdown as we had no one else that was going to be a threat consistently in attack.

Would you swap him for Hodkinson and save $200k? Do you think he would be a better fit for our team?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Of course he would go better behind a better forward pack, but is he the best fit for

A - our young inconsistent side or

B - the best option at the price????

As Avenger said we could maybe nab someone like Hodko and have 200k spare to throw at a big name. I think we are wasting our time I can't see anyone taking him of our hands at his price.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I would be prepared to see how Chrissy goes with a better 9 and 6 in the side. That, with our forwards going better and i think we would see alot more success from Sandow. But, i can see why Sticky would want to free up cash.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Why can't we just persist with him in a half decent side??

Because he is simply not half decent and I'm glad Sticky agrees with me.

Never rated him and for the money he is on we could do so much better and don't get me started on his defence and he is not an organiser, neither is Paulo so atm we are a rudderless ship..

Be glad to see the end of him if we can ditch him.

Chipmunk

Coach
Sandow has been far from our worse this year, also pretty hard for him to perform when the pack is soft and defence is poor. Sandow obviously isn't the greatest half in the game but has a strong kicking and running game. I would give keep until we fix our pack then we can tell whether he is the halfback we need.

If we get rid of sandow we will struggle to find anyone else to replace him with and I doubt the replacement would be as good as sandow anyway.

I reckon if sandow did leave it would only be a few games before Ricky is criticised for letting him go.

We dont need Sandow. We dont need a player "as good as" Sandow. We just need a different type of player to play in the 7. Dare I say it we need a genuine traditional halfback. With a backline that includes Hayne, Hoppa and Norman even guys like Sam Williams or Trent Hodkinson could do the job. Williams is now the 3rd choice 7 at the Raiders, he would come fairly cheap. A new 7 and 9 will help us immensely.

I still think if Wallace goes to the Panthers the Broncos could take Sandow off our hands.

Gronk

Staff member
Because he is simply not half decent and I'm glad Sticky agrees with me.

Never rated him and for the money he is on we could do so much better and don't get me started on his defence and he is not an organiser, neither is Paulo so atm we are a rudderless ship..

Be glad to see the end of him if we can ditch him.

Yep, he fails to tick so many boxes. Sadly we need to employ other staff to do his job.

His contribution to the team is in no way commensurate to his salary.

Chipmunk

Coach
We could do worse and pick Hodko, yes he isn't the quickest 7 around but he isn't a liability in defence and can lead a team around the park. He is also a gun goal kicker. He can leave the flashy stuff to Hayne and Norman.

Hodkinson would be the perfect compliment to Hayne and Norman.

As posted above I think Hodkinson would be the right fit for us, along with perhaps Sam Williams for the Raiders who would come pretty cheap.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Yep, he fails to tick so many boxes. Sadly we need to employ other staff to do his job.

His contribution to the team is in no way commensurate to his salary.

Sadly, it's true.

If we could find someone to take him off out hands, great, if not we stick with him (obviously).

I also think someone like Hodkinson would be a good fit to our side.

Chipmunk

Coach
  1. The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole 3h
    In The Mole in @LeagueWeek today - @TheParraEels looking to offload star halfback Chris Sandow
    Expand
  2. George J Kollias ‏@georgejkollias 1h
    @RLW_Mole @LeagueWeek @TheParraEels @kenedwards12 club is a joke hey let's put 12 players on notice with no plan just awesome !!!
    Expand

Ken Edwards ‏@kenedwards12 1h
    @georgejkollias @RLW_Mole @LeagueWeek @TheParraEels There's a Plan George. Don't understand why u would say otherwise? #GoEels
    Collapse
So it appears Ken Edwards has responded to the RLW Mole tweet about Sandow on the outer and he definately hasnt denied the rumuour. There could be something in this.

natheel

Coach
Hodkinson would struggle behind our pack too

Put sandow with a five eight that can actually control the game and let chris do his own thing

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Most probably the same as when he played his last season with Souths, by missing the top 8.

Souths as a whole were shit back then - Dave Taylor and Sam Burgess at edge forward meant their defence was too weak to cover Sandow. And Inglis was stuck out at centre.

natheel

Coach
Hodkinson should have been our half the whole time. Stupidest decision every to let him go.

Beg to differ

Manly offered him a huge contract and we had Mortimer breaking through and robbo as the grand final halves (yes ironic they didn't work out more so morts)

James Maloney is the one that got away

But no point dwelling on it

If sandow goes I just hope we have a half in line

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Makes you wonder. Behind a half decent forward pack he can be much better for us. On the weekend he was shutdown as we had no one else that was going to be a threat consistently in attack.

Only in the second half. In the first half (when the packs had parity) he was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.