What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Draw

Raiderdave

First Grade
shouldn't be too far away from being released

lets hope its a better one then 2013's
with

the Broncos to get less Friday night games ... for theirs & the comps sake
Souths to get some Sunday arvo home games in Sydney
the Raiders to get less night games in the dead of winter
Less Parramatta, Dragons & Tigers FTA games based on them being the bottom 3 in 2013

what else
what do we need in this 2014 draw that is practical & can happen ... for crowds & TV ratings to be a record for the game in 2014 ?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Broncos should get less Friday games

The excuse for Ch 9 having more Broncos games in Friday night was to accommodate for Queensland viewers.

But there are two other QLD teams. Surely Titans and Cowboys would rate better on a Friday night.

Lucas-Con

Juniors
Less Bronco's on friday, more thursday night games and the option to change games around because nobody wants to see one sided games there were too many on friday night.

More Roosters on friday night please.

stimpy u idiot

Juniors

This won't happen because it works like this.

Channel Nine want one of the two Friday night games to have a QLD team. In Qld, they reverse the order of the games and *always* show the Qld team live. Even if it's a dead rubber and the other match has some type of top-8 implication.

The only way the Roosters-Souths round 26 game (to decide the minor premiership!) got on live TV up here in cowpaddocksville is because they moved the Brisbane-Wests game to Thursday.

If they had put the Brisbane-Wests game on Friday and showed the other one live anyway (you know, the one that actually mattered) the Channel Nine Brisbane phone system would have exploded from the load of phoned in complaints from the boss cockies who think their
oversized version of Lismore is the capital of the world.

DURRRHURRR

Juniors
As a storm supporter I am hoping we can play Parramatta twice next year. I hope the nrl dont do something stupid like this years 'grand final rematch' which fell on an origin round. Also not a fan of playing one team twice in the space of a few weeks.

Raiderdave

First Grade
This won't happen because it works like this.

Channel Nine want one of the two Friday night games to have a QLD team. In Qld, they reverse the order of the games and *always* show the Qld team live. Even if it's a dead rubber and the other match has some type of top-8 implication.

The only way the Roosters-Souths round 26 game (to decide the minor premiership!) got on live TV up here in cowpaddocksville is because they moved the Brisbane-Wests game to Thursday.

If they had put the Brisbane-Wests game on Friday and showed the other one live anyway (you know, the one that actually mattered) the Channel Nine Brisbane phone system would have exploded from the load of phoned in complaints from the boss cockies who think their
oversized version of Lismore is the capital of the world.

I know how it works in theory
& I think it failed in practice this year

NRL / Broncos ratings fell dramatically in 2013 in Brisbane because surprise surprise .. a stinker of a game involving the Broncos is not always as appealing as a good match up with them not involved
I'm not advocating no Fridays for the broncos ... just less
& it would seem everyone wants it & maybe TV ratings will actually improve in Brisbane.
also Brisbanes membership numbers were affected by being stuck on family unfriendly Fridays as well.
With a few home games on Sat nights & Sundays I think the Broncos memberships will rocket past 30,000 in 2014

the knock on affect of a good draw would have many benefits

stimpy u idiot

Juniors
I know how it works in theory
& I think it failed in practice this year

NRL / Broncos ratings fell dramatically in 2013 in Brisbane because surprise surprise .. a stinker of a game involving the Broncos is not always as appealing as a good match up with them not involved
I'm not advocating no Fridays for the broncos ... just less
& it would seem everyone wants it & maybe TV ratings will actually improve in Brisbane.
also Brisbanes membership numbers were affected by being stuck on family unfriendly Fridays as well.
With a few home games on Sat nights & Sundays I think the Broncos memberships will rocket past 30,000 in 2014

the knock on affect of a good draw would have many benefits

That's probably true. Perhaps they should look at the the Cowboys and Titans a bit more closely.

Or, if they do find that they've got the Broncos on a Friday, but the other game is a better game, maybe play the other game live anyway. And Quincelanders who don't like this can still go to the game directly if they want.

But ahh, yeah, Saturday night games for the Broncos. Especially as they'll probably be a cellar-dweller next year.

thorson1987

Coach

with

Less Parramatta, Dragons & Tigers FTA games based on them being the bottom 3 in 2013

what else
what do we need in this 2014 draw that is practical & can happen ... for crowds & TV ratings to be a record for the game in 2014 ?

For crowds definitely agree, but playing in those conditions is an advantage for your boys.

I would just like to see all teams have the same amount of Monday night games.

_Johnsy

Referee
Eels to get at least 1 Sunday home game. They need to fix the draw so everyone gets at least 1 game in each timeslot.

26 rounds with byes = 24 games.
Simplistically 6 possible time slots Thursday night, Friday night, early Saturday game, late Saturday, Sunday arvo & Monday night.

4 games for each club in each timeslot =24 games. Not rocket science, gives all sides a level playing field re:sponsorship opportunities.

Some clubs will whinge like stuck pigs, but stiff shit.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

with

what else

Reducing the number of games a team plays on friday night based on the previous seasons performance is stupid.

Smartest & fairest thing to do is give every team an equal number of friday & monday games.