What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Playing Roster

hindy111

Post Whore
Ha I remember telln everyone he is leaving he is lying he is foxing.Do you remember the interview where he said me I haven't hard nothing from canberra.I want that interview please find it someone.That was his lowest point lol

Avenger

Immortal
Ha I remember telln everyone he is leaving he is lying he is foxing.Do you remember the interview where he said me I haven't hard nothing from canberra.I want that interview please find it someone.That was his lowest point lol

I remember and then I suggested he was lying and people ridiculed me as a body language expert even though I am. ;)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So there are no new profiles, but the NYC line up has been named for this weekend: http://www.parraeels.com.au/news-display/NYC-Update-with-Justin-Holbrook/90654

Confirmation that Brendan Raeili is in the squad, plus the addition of Tigers NYC outside back Leva Li.

Fulltime squad:
Allgood
Edwards
Faraimo
Foran
Gower
Harrison
Hayne
Hopoate
Hunt
Jones
Kelly
Lasalo
Loko
Lussick
Mannah
Mau
Ma'afu
Moimoi
Morgan
Mossop
Norman
Pauli (turns 20)
Paulo
Paulo
Peats
Pewhairangi
Radradra
Sandow
Santi
Sio
Smith
Tanginoa (turns 20)
Terepo
Tonga
Toutai

'Wenty squad':
Alvaro
Bugden
Cummins
Evans
Gorman
Tuitahi
Ualesi

NYC squad:
Aloiai (turns 19)
Anderson (turns 19)
Aukofolau (turns 19)
Baissari
Brady
Bush (turns 19)
Daoud
Davis (turns 19)
Dockar-Clay (turns 19)
Edwards (turns 19)
Folau
Francis (turns 18)
French (turns 18)
Fuimaono (turns 18)
Goodall
Grant
Green
Hafoka (turns 19)
Izzard (turns 19)
Kamikamica
Kaufusi (turns 19)
Latham
Lavaka
Li
Lussick (turns 19)
Makelim
Manuleleua
Markus (turns 19)
Matterson
Mauala
Moeroa (turns 19)
Muna (turns 19)
Newbigging
Oloapu (turns 18)
Pritchard
Pua (turns 19)
Raeili (turns 19)
Roe (turns 19)
Suli (turns 19)
Tagilima
Tepu-Smith (turns 19)
Tonga (turns 19)
Vidal (turns 18)
Windeatt

Eelementary

Post Whore
Spotted Junior Paulo at Parra station this arvo, biiig unit.

I saw Kelepi Tanginoa buying some groceries at The Entrada Coles at Parramatta a few weeks back, and a few things stood out to me:

(1) he is HUGE; he mightn't be "tall" (although he's still young and will probably keep growing), but his upper body mass is ridiculous. He's a unit.

and

(2) he's such a polite and soft-spoken lad. There was a problem with his self-serve checkout, and he was very quiet getting attention and was very polite to the girl who fixed it. Maybe it's because he was in Eels training gear, but still.

I remember seeing Kelepi in person, up close, for the first time earlier this year when he, Tim Mannah and Ryan Morgan appeared at Seconds World in Castle Hill, and I remember thinking, "Phwoar - the dude is a UNIT!"

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm sure Kelepi's a mad merkin on the piss.

:lol: You're a funny guy, Pou.

He has gotten massive since he injured his leg, he worked hard on his upper body.

His shoulders and arms were ridiculous - and we all know he's legitimately strong. We saw how he would tackle blokes bigger than him and stop them dead in his tracks.

I spoke to him briefly last year, very nice kid. He is the kind of player off the field that is a pleasure to have at the club

It was so funny seeing such a big bloke be so soft-spoken and polite!

But you're spot on - a pleasure to have a bloke like that at our club.

Captain BF

Juniors
Do you guys think John Folau is any chance of getting a run in 1st Grade in the trials and possibly towards the end of this season? I would assume he'd be in the mix for NSW Cup which would be more beneficial than the NYC.

It looks like the answer may be yes?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Using the extremely reliable official site as a guide, it appears the NYC herd has been culled.

Jones and Raeili have appeared in recent trials but not on the profiles page.

Fulltime squad:
Allgood
Edwards
Faraimo
Foran
Gower
Harrison
Hayne
Hopoate
Hunt
Jones
Kelly
Lasalo
Loko
Lussick
Mannah
Mau
Ma'afu
Moimoi
Morgan
Mossop
Norman
Pauli (turns 20)
Paulo
Paulo
Peats
Pewhairangi
Radradra
Sandow
Santi
Sio
Smith
Tanginoa (turns 20)
Terepo
Tonga
Toutai

'Wenty squad':
Alvaro
Bugden
Cummins
Evans
Gorman
Tuitahi
Ualesi

NYC squad:
Aloiai (turns 19)
Anderson (turns 19)
Aukofolau (turns 19)
Brady
Daoud
Davis (turns 19)
Dockar-Clay (turns 19)
Folau
Goodall
Izzard (turns 19)
Kaufusi (turns 19)
Lavaka
Li
Lussick (turns 19)
Makelim
Markus (turns 19)
Matterson
Mauala
Moeroa (turns 19)
Muna (turns 19)
Newbigging
Pritchard
Pua (turns 19)
Raeili (turns 19)
Roe (turns 19)
Suli (turns 19)
Tagilima
Tepu-Smith (turns 19)
Tonga (turns 19)

Eels Dude

Coach
According to the official NRL season guide this is the top 25 for the year

Allgood
Gower
Harrison
Hayne
Hopoate
Hunt
Kelly
Loko
Lussick
Mannah
Moimoi
Morgan
Mossop
Norman
Junior Paulo
Joseph Paulo
Peats
Sandow
Santi
Sio
Smith
Tanginoa
Terepo
Tonga
Toutai

Edwards, Faraimo, Foran, Ma'afu, Ma'u, Pewhairangi and Radradra are listed as being part of our extended squad outside the top 25. Pritchard and Pauli Pauli are still listed as being part of the NYC squad.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
According to the official NRL season guide this is the top 25 for the year

Allgood
Gower
Harrison
Hayne
Hopoate
Hunt
Kelly
Loko
Lussick
Mannah
Moimoi

Morgan
Mossop
Norman
Junior Paulo
Joseph Paulo
Peats
Sandow
Santi
Sio
Smith

Tanginoa
Terepo
Tonga
Toutai

So regarding salary cap space freed up for next year, blokes outside the top 25 make no difference. Therefore the players who are likely off contract at the end of the year (and potentially freeing up space under the cap) are in bold.

Of those I would think Harrison, Moimoi and Smith are gone for sure.

phantom eel

First Grade
About time we had an official top 25. Only surprise there is really Santi being among our 25 highest paid players without having played first grade, and I presume Edwards is still on his initial low level contract and is yet to have an upgrade following his first grade debut?

phantom eel

First Grade
Of those I would think Harrison, Moimoi and Smith are gone for sure.
Yep, you'd have to think so. And maybe before the end of the season if possible/any takers.

Kelly, Gower and Sio might follow if we can sign/develop anyone better at filling their roles in the squad, but I'd be surprised if captain Mannah even considered going elsewhere. Not sure about Joseph Paulo... he's handy I'm thinking he'll go to make way for the younger forwards and other signings.