What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne to the NFL???

DC_fan

Coach
Not many people with the talent of J Hayne, thats for sure.

Im genuinely shocked by this.

The NFL season has started, its such a weird time to actually go over and trial? I have to think

a) He has been given some fairly firm assurances by a team
b) He has a strong Plan B lined up, i.e. French or Japanese Rugby.

Its good to see someone doing something for the love of it though.

You can write him off for this current NFL season. It will be all about next season where he will get a shot at making a roster

With a NFL contract the minimum wage is 500k so even if he isnt the best player but gives it a decent crack their is a real likelyhood that he will eclipse what he earns at Parra.

natheel

Coach
meh...he'll be back. They always come back. Be it, Rugby, AFL or NFL.

Like all the others, chasing $$$. Pure a simple. No different to Burge$$ and $BW and all those that have gone before hand.

Mate he's not even guaranteed a contract so not for money at all

nick87

Coach
With a NFL contract the minimum wage is 500k so even if he isnt the best player but gives it a decent crack their is a real likelyhood that he will eclipse what he earns at Parra.

If he makes a roster.
If he winds up on a practice squad, which i think is the most likely scenario, he'll earn 100kish

Nice Beaver

First Grade
he would have to get the laziness out of his game.

Yeah because that NFL crap is not stop/start hey? :roll:

They are on and off in that game more than a bride's nightie.

Its such a play in spurts game that I would actually say it suits a lazy player.

Keffola

Juniors
Worse than SBW walking out

How? $BW left in the middle of the bloody season abandoning his team and fans and was already overseas before any kind of announcement came out through his manager.

Hayne's waited till the end of the season, is not leaving for a $$$ contract, and has stayed to give his own press conference and explanations for leaving?

shaggs

Coach
I think he will play on defense.
As a corner or a safety. Maybe do sone punt returns as well.

Whoever said he needs to be more involved is wrong. Hayne is a power athlete . Nfl will suit him perfectly.

Valheru

Coach
You can’t say he is going for money as he has no contract. He is basically saying that he hasn’t been challenged here for 2 years and needs a challenge i.e. he is better than everyone else in the NRL lol

Oh well good luck to him but I can’t see it ending any other way than a return to the Eels in 2016.

Delboy

First Grade

if you think Hayne is on $500k , you are kidding. an English Olympic champion tried this year to make a fist of it, didn't make it.

At least he will chase a dream, but its the game's loss as well as Parra, much like Sam B chasing his dream in yawnion ( hope Planes mum gets paid as much as Julie :) )