What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Jackson

aqua_duck

Coach
I don't see how ÿou can call hîm a workhorse when he barely ever cracks 100m a game in attack, he's an honest toiler who is lucky to be playing in a good forward pack, if he played for the titans or knights most people wouldn't know who he was. Couldn't understand at all his selection on the bench for nsw, sure he won't let you down but he also offers zero impact, I'd much rather go for guys who can change a game like Tyrone Peachey, Bryce Cartwright, Frizell or even Wade Graham

nick87

Coach
Have never understood the fascination with him
Looks a cookie cutter, run of the mill back rower. Every club in the NRL has a back rower better than him

babyg

Juniors
I had him and Cordner in the same boat but after Friday's game my opinion of Cordener has increased dramatically.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Good player. Had a shocker against the Dragons. Which by the usual standards of LU means he is no good.

Last edited:

gitano

Juniors
He's pretty run of the mill. Not the best ball playing option, but not close to the bottom rung back rowers like Fensom who offer exactly zero in attack and are just in it for the stats.

I had him and Cordner in the same boat but after Friday's game my opinion of Cordener has increased dramatically.

Same situation as his Roosters team mate Pearce. Both gun NRL players who are rep duds, Josh Jackson on the other hand is just meh at all levels.

gitano

Juniors
He's pretty run of the mill. Not the best ball playing option, but not close to the bottom rung back rowers like Fensom who offer exactly zero in attack and are just in it for the stats.

Edwahu

Bench

Fensom and Jackson play totally different positions. You may as well compare him to a front rower.

Tweed Titan

Bench
What does a Wade Graham have to do to get a rep jumper when Jackson gets a run? Small, not particularly quick, defends well but doesn't hurt the opposition, weak hit ups, no offloads.

nick87

Coach
I wish Manly had a backrower better than him.

Who's in their back row for next year? I'd struggle to believe they can't come up with one guy better than Jackson
Some clubs have 2 or more better than him

Edit which is not to say Jackson can't play btw, he is a really solid FGer, I'm not saying he's a park footballer, he has a role to play in a good FG squad but in no way is he a rep player

aqua_duck

Coach
Who's in their back row for next year? I'd struggle to believe they can't come up with one guy better than Jackson
Some clubs have 2 or more better than him

Edit which is not to say Jackson can't play btw, he is a really solid FGer, I'm not saying he's a park footballer, he has a role to play in a good FG squad but in no way is he a rep player

Agreed, also can't understand people comparing him to Cordner, Cordner offers way more of a threat as a ball runner, Jackson is lucky to bend the line, Cordner always bends the line.

ceagle

Bench
Just looked up his stats and he is listed at only 93kg which is very small for a second rower, no wonder he struggles to make an impact.