What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts

DUB888

Juniors
A true supporter wouldn't generally use the word 'Illawarra'. Unless you're from that region, of course.

Straight Shooter

A true supporter supports the RED V.......Always , and originally a Sydney Western suburbs boy!

As I said previously :blahb::blahb::blahb::blahb::blahb:

ingles

Juniors
I've been following the Dragons for just on 50 years & I'm proud that my club is the St George Illawarra Dragons. By the way I live in the Hills area of Sydney - which is a long way from Wollongong.
I'd love to meet you one day 'cause I've never knowingly met a feckwit. You can change that for me!!

I have 55 years of following the Dragons.... and I also echo your sentiments . Grew up watching some great ST GEORGE players who all hailed from the Illawarra area , so it is and always has been a natural fit.

Also from the Hills .

TruSaint

Referee
What we need to do for OV is simple.

Deadline 24th of December 2015

* Sack Doust
* Sack Mary... get Bennet
* Swap Mann for RTS
* Swap Lafai for Roberts
* Privatise the club
* Drop the word Illawarra pronto

Have I missed anything ?

Bet you I have, as that would not be enough Im guessing... we are still mediocre.

Last edited:

Dragon66

Juniors
You thank our resident single track posters OV and Val. Both serial ravers!

I have been following the Big Red V since 1966 and I think the Illawarra area is a pretty good fit for our club. The only other thing that I think would make us better is if we reabsorbed the Cronulla area back under our banner. And I live down on the Far South Coast.

Annoying how some people don't have the capacity to accept change unless it is going backwards!

Twenty10

Juniors
I wish people would stop talking about Roberts. He is NOT coming. Over. Why are people writing things to get people's hopes up?? Seriously he's not signing with us.

You thank our resident single track posters OV and Val. Both serial ravers!

I have been following the Big Red V since 1966 and I think the Illawarra area is a pretty good fit for our club. The only other thing that I think would make us better is if we reabsorbed the Cronulla area back under our banner. And I live down on the Far South Coast.

Annoying how some people don't have the capacity to accept change unless it is going backwards!

:shock:

saints4ever

First Grade
If you can't see the connection between a strong, vibrant, professional board and the ability to recruit and succeed in general, I can't help you, I'm afraid.

Straight Shooter

You seriously can't answer the question, can you?
You whinge like a mule yet have no plausible way to implement your desires.
No matter what the Dragons do is wrong. Mediocre as you call it.
Who would your board members be? Do you have a ready, willing and able replacement for Doust?
You mention that true supporters wouldn't mention "Illawarra", so it seems you're "one of them". The club doesn't need people like you. Living in the past and everything now is f**ked. The fans that go out of their way to mock the name of the team and refer to them as your preferred term are worse for this team than Doust and our dinosaur board. You live in your dream world and don't see reality, living backwards. We are known as what we are known as. We play where we play. Dont like it? Fix it or f**k off.
Nothing wrong with wanting change, but complaining for the sake of complaining is pointless.
I personally hate the RGRV policy, but unfortunately it's where we are at. Yes, I believe the board is incompetent, useless and lazy. They are a big reason why we are in this predicament. So what I do, is get a Kogarah membership only. Very simple

I have 55 years of following the Dragons.... and I also echo your sentiments . Grew up watching some great ST GEORGE players who all hailed from the Illawarra area , so it is and always has been a natural fit.

Also from the Hills .

I've only been Red V tragic for a mere 45 years, but I wholeheartedly agree.

The only non Dragons league team that I ever cheered for (except when against the Dragons) was the Steelers. They always played above their weight and I always understood the history.

IMO, it was the only NRL merger that was ever going to work.

But back on topic, I'm not stressed over us signing James Roberts. He is NOT the Messiah. He's just a very naughty boy.

The Nick

Bench
Guys give OV a break. He's in here every damn day trying to make a difference for this club! Look how much change he has instigated within our club with his 569 posts on this forum!

All you apologists who don't agree with him are the reason why we aren't coached by Bennett and signing Roberts, Inglis, Folau, Thurston, Cronk and Slater with Jesus, Joseph and Mary sitting on our board!

Straight Shooter

#heactuallythinkshesmakingadifference

saints4ever

First Grade
Guys give OV a break. He's in here every damn day trying to make a difference for this club! Look how much change he has instigated within our club with his 569 posts on this forum!

All you apologists who don't agree with him are the reason why we aren't coached by Bennett and signing Roberts, Inglis, Folau, Thurston, Cronk and Slater with Jesus, Joseph and Mary sitting on our board!

Straight Shooter

#heactuallythinkshesmakingadifference

I see through your bullshit post. Jesus, Joseph and Mary don't exist!!! Don't get my hopes up

Jesus, Joseph and Mary don't exist!!

Here we go. It's bad enough you have no concept as to the meaning of success. Now your lack of historical knowledge is exposed as well.

It's amusing how people share their opinions in areas they have no understanding. Whenever I don't know something, I just keep my mouth shut. That would mean remaining permanently mute for you.

Straight Shooter

saints4ever

First Grade
Here we go. It's bad enough you have no concept as to the meaning of success. Now your lack of historical knowledge is exposed as well.

It's amusing how people share their opinions in areas they have no understanding. Whenever I don't know something, I just keep my mouth shut. That would mean remaining permanently mute for you.

Straight Shooter

Hmmmm satire and sarcasm are concepts clearly lost on you

"Whenever I don't know something, I just keep my mouth shut"

You sir, are a liar

mickeylane

Bench
According to the Mole its all over dragons
Officially out of the race to sign Roberts if in FACT we were even in the race at all.....
Mickeylane what happened to your 2 leading player agent scoop..

More wishful thinking i presume

As mentioned Dragons up to their boot laces for Roberts and now it's been announced we are $150k a year better.. Surely now

rainman44

Bench
As mentioned Dragons up to their boot laces for Roberts and now it's been announced we are $150k a year better.. Surely now

Mickey the broncos will out pay for him and i am not talking about salary cap money, if the nrl are fair then they will not let the broncos sign him under market value BUT the nrl is a joke and he will be at the broncos.

WHOOSHKAA!!

Juniors

Still not convinced, If the dragons offer is a 150k more a year then surely its a no brainer that u would go where the money lies...
With still no decision its obvious Roberts does not want to play for the red V and if he does come to us it would seem to be as a last resort. One would then need to question his commitment to the club coach and players....

Redvpassion

Juniors
Mickey the broncos will out pay for him and i am not talking about salary cap money, if the nrl are fair then they will not let the broncos sign him under market value BUT the nrl is a joke and he will be at the broncos.

can we also say for conversation sake that Roberts is happy to play for less money and sign with a team thats on the verge of winning the comp next year.?

This alone may be the driving force and attitude of the player to his manager to tell the broncos to do "whatever its takes" to get him into that team.

if the money was the issue, dragons would of signed him already.

twinkletoes

Juniors
I saw he was meeting with Michael McGuire either yesterday or today. Obviosuly prostituting himself around....so much for last Wednesdays deadline. I would seriously question his commitment to play for the Dragons.

We should move on...and see how Lafai, Aitken, Dugan, Milne, Matautai etc play out this season