What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos Discussion

beave

Coach
God that is a thing of utter beauty.

I am f**king furious mind you it isn't our home jersey for ever and eternity.

Charlie124

First Grade
images

Came buckets.

kdalymc

Bench
This is something I mocked up several years ago. I'm not sure why I gave it the 'Sydney City' name, but I'm thinking it was because I am one who much prefers to call teams by their location (ie: who they are supposed to represent) instead of a nickname, and I don't hear anyone calling the Sydney Roosters 'Sydney' ... but 'Sydney City' does have a more iconic ring to it and helps it stand out from South Sydney and the various other Sydney-based teams in other sports.
SydCityRoosters.jpg

There are two logos represented in this one. The obvious one is the old Eastern Suburbs one, but with the head of the chook being the current one, and with a more modern 'Roosters' text.

This had me thinking.
Why the f**k are they called "Sydney"

rabbitohs95

Bench
This had me thinking.
Why the f**k are they called "Sydney"

My best guess would have to be that when Souths got excluded from the comp in 2000, they assumed we wouldn't be back and thought they could take over the entire eastern sector of Sydney, much like the territory of the Swans or Sydney FC.

I've been a big supporter of changing the name back to Easts.

Saint Doc

Coach
I think GAZF suggested this, but "East Sydney" would be an accurate name for them, tying their Eastern Suburbs and Sydney history together

Diesel

Referee
Changing to East/Eastern Sydney could have potential to further a rivalry with Western Sydney, Panthers, Dogs, Parra and Tigers (if they moved full time to C'town &/or ANZ).

The 2003 GF was billed as East vs West and had a great build up to it

Cockosh

Juniors
My best guess would have to be that when Souths got excluded from the comp in 2000, they assumed we wouldn't be back and thought they could take over the entire eastern sector of Sydney, much like the territory of the Swans or Sydney FC.

I've been a big supporter of changing the name back to Easts.

We changed to Sydney City in 1995 to supposedely broaden our appeal. Dogs did the same. In 2000 we dropped the City bit. Nothing to do with Souths.

I agree with you. I don't like the name and think we should revert to Eastern Suburbs and bring back the old logo. That's who we are. Souths and Dogs have both shown that their fans connect with their traditional names and logos.

matrightyeh

Juniors
We changed to Sydney City in 1995 to supposedely broaden our appeal. Dogs did the same. In 2000 we dropped the City bit. Nothing to do with Souths.

I agree with you. I don't like the name and think we should revert to Eastern Suburbs and bring back the old logo. That's who we are. Souths and Dogs have both shown that their fans connect with their traditional names and logos.
still just a name same team

Nuke

Staff member
WTF is that?!
Ugh. All I can hope (and safely presume) is that it is purely a supporters jersey and will never be worn by Australia in a game. Ever.

cooko

Juniors

Apart from is being terrible in every possible way, at what point do they not stop and think that the CCC logo will be placed straight over the top of the Union Jack making it unprofessional as well as terrible.

I can live with terrible designs but these people are paid to produce a professional product.

beave

Coach
Imagine being a young player and getting your first call up for the roos and being handed that shit for training?

It's in-keeping with the NRL's attitude towards the Kangaroos brand and international football. Maybe this is why they have relegated them to the off-season, so no one has to see this shit.

Latest posts