What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Crowd Watch

taipan

Referee
One of their best years ever and they are avg'ing13.6k, that's how appealing suburban grounds are. Problem is the clubs at suburban grounds see themselves as suburban clubs so a central beaut stadium isn't going to appeal to them. Just accept some clubs in NRL are small and will always remain small and it will save the ranting lol.

Yet the teams they(Sharks) have played to date include Storm,Cowboys,Titans,Penrith and Warriors,hardly conducive to having a decent number of away crowds to boost your figures.Even the Bronocs brought few.
Only big drawing Sydney team played there so far is the Dragons.
No Eels,no Souths,no Dogs or West Tigers as yet.
Do some research FFS.
The club has record membership.

Last edited:

Jubileeboy

First Grade
44517 witness worst home defeat. Was very much a funeral atmosphere.

No it wasn't....and I'm not even a Storm fan :D

Storm put on a footy clinic for the 44k people there. Amazing crowd numbers. At least the horse got a rest this week.

Went with a dude attending his first NRL game. He came away disappointed thinking there should be 'better' entertainment than what is on offer. With that size crowd and the money generated from ticket sales, I tend to agree with him. The constant dribble from the on-ground Broncos interviews is boring as bat shit.
The funniest thing I saw was two little ballboys that take a replacement ball out to the halfway line after a Storm try when Smith is lining up for a kick.
These two little kids must've been brothers as they kept wanting to have the last touch/or placement of the ball, completely oblivious to the 44000 people there. One puts it in a spot and the other one moves it down a little bit and then the other one moves it back, or across the line etc... Bloody hilarious....suffice to say, only one ballboy was sent out for each consequent ball replacement.
:lol:

pHyR3

Juniors
Trains a bit on the empty side heading to anz

Ticketek seemed to suggest a pretty good 25-30k crowd though