What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

norman

nrlnrl

First Grade
1. Dugan
6. Widdop
7. Norman
9. Segeyaro

Norman and Segeyaro lived together when Segeyaro was at Penrith, So they were best friends. Meaning that together in the same team they'd have a lot of Cohesion and Chemistry together. Also, signing one of them could be an attraction towards getting the other one, that's wishful thinking though.

Segeyaro would come cheap because he's in the Super League at the moment.

Dreams are free.
Unrealistic dreams lead to disappointment - please forget about either of these players EVER playing for the Dragons

BennyV

Referee
Yes to Norman, if rumour is Hayne back, they can't afford both Hayne and Norman surely? But on another topic, Brad Arthur has held the team together, you tell me he is not a great coach, man manager and motivator ...

Arthur was always set up to be a great coach. Had apprenticeships under Bellamy and Hasler, two of the best and most consistent modern era coaches. Has a great rapport with his players; they believe in and trust him. He also takes on a LOT of accountability for attack and defensive structures.

Just had to find his feet in the top job. Well done to him.

stg666

Juniors
hopefully , with a 1 million dollar fine to pay , parra will have to get rid of corey norman and with some luck and an open check book ......

Gareth67

First Grade
I really don't know where the rumours come from concerning Cronk , Keary , and Humpty Dumpty , but we missed out on each one of them . Now the latest is Norman - he is going to leave the City of Restaurants to come down to sunny Wollongong ! I don't think so ,he is used to being in a winning team that at least has some character about them (not the club) . In fact if I was Parramatta I would be making Norman my number 1 priority , not Hayne , as I have a feeling that he will not be the player that he once was .

rainman44

Bench
I really don't know where the rumours come from concerning Cronk , Keary , and Humpty Dumpty , but we missed out on each one of them . Now the latest is Norman - he is going to leave the City of Restaurants to come down to sunny Wollongong ! I don't think so ,he is used to being in a winning team that at least has some character about them (not the club) . In fact if I was Parramatta I would be making Norman my number 1 priority , not Hayne , as I have a feeling that he will not be the player that he once was .
I agree Norman is more of a must then Hayne but hoping the eels are thinking different. We need to send Mary packing before hand to get Norman. Players have mates at every club and they all talk.

TheRev

First Grade
The way Norman played last night for his club, led, inspired, set up their tries, saved tries, it was amazing, but it made me think that hes actually really happy at Parra.. and I dont see him wanting to go, nor they letting him go.. now that Foran is officially gone, which suits Parra perfectly..

Shame, the kid is a gun.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Don't get me wrong, I think Norman is a great player, but 950k, no thanks. Yes, he had a great game on Friday night against the team running 2nd last!
His performances are not consistent enough to warrant that sort of coin. Again I will say he's a great player, but as other people have already stated he's a 6 not a 7. I wouldn't argue signing him as a 6, on 650k and moving Widdop to 7.
However, I think he will remain at the Eels, unfortunately.

since77

Juniors
If the reports coming out today about cash payments to Norman are true I don't want the grub anywhere near a Dragons jersey.

rainman44

Bench
If the reports coming out today about cash payments to Norman are true I don't want the grub anywhere near a Dragons jersey.
Honestly why would you care about secret payments to a gun footballer ? and i am not being a smart ass either but who cares mate he is to hurting anyone and do you think Thurston Inglis Foran Milford and lots more dont get back handers ? Mate i want my club with the best players so that we can win football games and i do not care about what they do apart from bashing Girls or killing someone they are not going to marry my sister or anything like that. Anyway i know its only your opinion and like i said i am not being a smart ass but just wondering.

Old Timer

Coach
Honestly why would you care about secret payments to a gun footballer ? and i am not being a smart ass either but who cares mate he is to hurting anyone and do you think Thurston Inglis Foran Milford and lots more dont get back handers ? Mate i want my club with the best players so that we can win football games and i do not care about what they do apart from bashing Girls or killing someone they are not going to marry my sister or anything like that. Anyway i know its only your opinion and like i said i am not being a smart ass but just wondering.

Spot on as there are no ethics in the game whether it be officials, players, managers, selectors etc

So why should we be a virgin amongst all the whores.

BennyV

Referee
More than anything, I'm depressed knowing our club couldn't afford this, nor would it have the logistical nouse to pull it off successfully, in attempt to attract top players.

Gareth67

First Grade
Mate , please understand that there was a time when pulling a Clubs Jersey on meant something , regardless if it was a St,George ,Balmain , Wests ,North Sydney or even Newtown that was many years ago .It was also when a Man's word was his bond , a contract sealed by a handshake. Since then there has been a influx of snake- oil salesmen infiltrating the game ,hence the reason for the current car park deals .However I would like to believe that there is someone in the N.R.L, who can clean up the current mess so as all those young blokes playing in the juniors , have something to aspire to ,and that is a Rugby League competition that is at the very least honest and fair .

BennyV

Referee
All well and good, but unfortunately it's 2016. A handshake doesn't mean shit, money is all powerful and the NRL isn't fair.

Hence, I wish we could compete with it instead of sitting back and complaining.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
If we are looking for a half please look at Faum'Brown from Cronulla he looks to have come back well and would welcome a starting spot.Looks well ahead of what we have got.
Cronulla as much as I hate to say seem a well coached and quality team.A real contender for the premiership.

Old Timer

Coach
All well and good, but unfortunately it's 2016. A handshake doesn't mean shit, money is all powerful and the NRL isn't fair.

Hence, I wish we could compete with it instead of sitting back and complaining.

Well said Benny

As the old saying goes

Question
What is the difference between a lurk and a perk?

Answer
It"s only ever a lurk if you aren't in on it.

rainman44

Bench
If we are looking for a half please look at Faum'Brown from Cronulla he looks to have come back well and would welcome a starting spot.Looks well ahead of what we have got.
Cronulla as much as I hate to say seem a well coached and quality team.A real contender for the premiership.
The sharks will take it out if they are injury free at the business end. They can score from anywhere on the field and Mary s famous D is very very strong at the sharks.

BennyV

Referee
I'd take him at hooker. I believe he played a lot there, although was stuck behind Lichaa in the juiniors.

drago brelli

Bench

If Parra had their time over again I am sure they wouldn't be paying players in car parks or allowing tradies to pay them for work supposedly done for the club. Have a look where it's got them. As for Nu Brown, I saw him play against the Cutters and he was clearly Newtown's best, he good so to was their centre Jordan Drew. The Cutters lapped them in Wollongong 6 weeks ago.

Latest posts