What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Match Review Committee / Judiciary

shaggs

Coach
You're all wrong. They're softening up because they're scared shitless of the media. Gallen levels Myles, media blows up about the biff and it gets banned. GI cleans up Dean Young, media goes nuts, rinse and repeat.

The MSM holds this code to ransom and I'm sick of it.
But surely the MSM is going to tear the NRL apart for this because of their utter lack of consistency?
Thats the media in a nutshell. Write whatever is going to sell papers/clicks for that day. The general public is too dumb to pick up on the changing mindset of the writer.

edabomb

First Grade
Seriously mate I get that your filthy, I would be too. But it's simply a case of the MRC being completely and utterly incompetent as opposed to some Sydney conspiracy.

I love the idea that an organisation that can't even communicate a change in what the bunker is allowed to rule on to the commentators is running some massive conspiracy against non-Sydney teams :lol:

Not to mention the Rugby League community has more leaks then a sieve - I'm pretty sure we would have heard about this given it's meant to have been going on for 20 years.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Wighton had his arms up. It wasn't shoulder charge.

Buettner's position is now untenable. He must resign or be sacked for the good of the game.

You do realize he has nothing to do with the decisions made. He is just one of Todd's yes men lackey's.

Danish

Referee
The thing that makes the Ennis non-charge even worse, is that no nore than a month ago we had Kane Evans charged and suspended for a week simply for a late tackle. Not a shoulder, not a high shot, just a legitimate arms wrapping tackle that happened to be about 0.7 seconds after a kick.

Ennistucks his arm and lays a bloke out several seconds after a pass, and not only do they let him off the shoulder charge they completely forget the entire bullshit "dangerous contact" garbage they invented in order to suspend Evans.

The NRL is a joke. They are doing whatever they can to ensure a Sydney prelim

SBD82

Coach
Having seen footage of both the Ennis and Wighton incidents they either should both have been charged or both not charged. They looked equally as bad as each other to me.

If you have not seen the tackles, check out this article on the ABC News website as it has footage of both incidents.
Good link

The thing I got from watching it was this:

Take away every other factor: club loyalties, technicalities in the rules, comparing one to the other, or ideas of consistency/conspiracy.

Now look at either of these as isolated incidents.

How in the f**k did we get to a stage in our game where either of these was worth being looked at by a match review committee? Maybe penalise ennis for being late - 50/50 - otherwise f**king play on.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I'd love to see Beuttner and Archer try and square the Ennis decision away.

Our game is a joke when it comes to administration.

Archer could, he is a pretty good liar. Buettner has no idea, he was interiewed the other week on radio and simply couldn't answer any of the questions asked. He is just a figurehead anyway.

NrlCoach

Juniors
You're all wrong. They're softening up because they're scared shitless of the media. Gallen levels Myles, media blows up about the biff and it gets banned. GI cleans up Dean Young, media goes nuts, rinse and repeat.

The MSM holds this code to ransom and I'm sick of it.
This 100%
Anyone remember the Sydney swans player knocking out that westcoast player. In that week the media starts writing how they should be a send of in AFL blah blah. The AFL CEO comes out says that they wont be introducing send offs and those that dont like it can go and piss off. But in the NRL a journo writes how he doesnt like the shoulder charge, the bifff or a player touching the ref and boom its banned lol

I don't know why anyone is surprised when we've got a clueless dickhead like Buettner running the MRC and a biased f**kwit like Greenberg running the NRL.

Still a rubbish decision though, I feel for you Canberra fans. As a Newcastle supporter we've been copping these all year lol

carcharias

Immortal
Honestly mate, I think you need to drop the Sydney conspiracy bullshit. I am sure the NRL would be happy to see all of their clubs being successful and there certainly are a lot of people from teams out of contention that are jumping on the Raiders bandwagon.

I think all that happened here is that some of Ennis' mates decided it would be unfair for him to be rubbed out of the finals in his last season before he retires. They probably copped shit for their decision from up high and then went back to charging people as per normal.
Stop the conspiracy and listen to your conspiracy theory?

Yokay

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Stop the conspiracy and listen to your conspiracy theory?

Yokay

That one isn’t so far fetched though. We’ve benefited from a situation like that before back in 2000. We beat Penrith in a semi and there were two lifting tackles that saw Croker, Woolford, McFadden & Furner charged. Only Furner didn’t get suspended…..just happened to be his final year.

Wighton is a serial offender so he's out for the year.

350 points! Ouch!

Just when the Raiders looked like they might be competitive in the finals.