What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
The mole it twitter belives we may be chasing Elijah Taylor. Also heard rumors Dallin Watene Zelezniak is the young player where chasing to play full back. Apparently Moylan will be staying at fullback long term with Martin and Cleary in the halves

perverse

Referee
I know DWZ was a highly touted junior fullback, I've honestly never seen him play NRL anywhere but on the wing. Does he have the goods?

Which would hopefully see us get rid of Mamo and free up that 200k he is on. Hopefully we are in deep negotiations with Stone to get Mamo over to ESL, surely he has had the tap on the shoulder by now telling him he will never be NRL standard but will kill it in the ESL and earn more money there.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
I know DWZ was a highly touted junior fullback, I've honestly never seen him play NRL anywhere but on the wing. Does he have the goods?
Hes played some FB while Moylan has been out over the years but certainly has seen more NRL time at centre and wing. Im pretty sure he played inside Simmons when he scored a tonne of trys a season or 2 ago

Hes big and fast. Can pass but not a real play maker. Not seen any kicking from him either

He certainly would give us options out wide

betcats

Referee
Dallin got a run of games at FB in 2015 and looked really good for a 20yo, he was running for 180m every week before he punctured a lung. He is pretty fast but mainly just has great acceleration and the ability to bust a tackle or run straight over forwards, he will make a great FB imo and I will hate to lose him.

It was Dean Whare who played inside Simmons, DWZ isn't a centre, he could learn the position but he has barely played there, he got two games in 15 when we were injured as all f**k but has only played FB and wing consistently since his junior days.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Why sign a winger, talented as he is? We need some forward beasts ffs!

Just conscious of all the hype around Hodko and how well that went......

Whats Doing

Bench
Rumour up this end of town is if Bird leaves it will be on a basis of a trade with Barnett. Cannot vouch how reliable it is

Johns Magic

Referee
It's sounding more and more like Bird would have to be dragged here kicking and screaming. Which is a shame considering he is a club junior.

perverse

Referee
I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but f**k Bird. f**k him right up his stupid, bogan, derro arsehole. He's just not worth the short amount of time he'd be here, especially if it's this much effort to get him here.

Shows how much bullshit is in Brown's statements that we're only looking for players of the right character and that want to play for us. Hard to convince me that Bird wants to be here at this point, and if we trade him for Barnett we've entered super desperation territory, and I'll be f**king spewing. Again. This f**king club man...

Buhrer and Kostjaysn are handy, waiting to see who this bright young star is... I can't help but feel it'll be a disappointing name... and if it isn't, they'll go like a busted arse when they get here. Such is the way of things for us. It'll take 10 years to dig up at this rate.

PhilGould

Bench
Give me Elijah Taylor over Bird at this point. He's not as experienced, but he would be a lot cheaper, a better influence and I think is capable of producing just as much on the field as Bird is (though they are different styles of players.) He's played a fair few games for NZ and been a leader/captain at Penrith so it's not like he'd be another rookie here.

Even Fensom would probably be a better buy than Bird.

Johns Magic

Referee
I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but f**k Bird. f**k him right up his stupid, bogan, derro arsehole. He's just not worth the short amount of time he'd be here, especially if it's this much effort to get him here.

Shows how much bullshit is in Brown's statements that we're only looking for players of the right character and that want to play for us. Hard to convince me that Bird wants to be here at this point, and if we trade him for Barnett we've entered super desperation territory, and I'll be f**king spewing. Again. This f**king club man...

Buhrer and Kostjaysn are handy, waiting to see who this bright young star is... I can't help but feel it'll be a disappointing name... and if it isn't, they'll go like a busted arse when they get here. Such is the way of things for us. It'll take 10 years to dig up at this rate.

I like Bird the player and think he would be great for us.

But I don't want to throw out the baby with the bath water on this one. If he is that anti the club, I don't want to be losing good moneyball players for him.

I like Taylor but think we need a metre eater lock. Good players but none of Buhrer, Sione, Barnett are bigger than your average centre.

My kingdom for a chance to sign someone like Finucane - an under appreciated young guy who works hard through the middle and is languishing on another stacked team's bench. What a signing he was for Melbourne. It sounds like they will lose Proctor to the Titans in a few weeks - not sure what impact that would have on Bird.

Of course, Korbin could start stepping up and be great at the lock role but I am losing faith fast there. It's a shame though because there is so much potential. He made 36 tackles and 160 metres in a game there for Fiji. At this stage I am willing to give him that jersey and hope he thrives on it.

With Hull avoiding relegation I now expect to see Wardle here next year and am tipping he'll be at centre. I haven't watched the guy play but we are short there and with the backrowers we are targeting it seems we will be long those if we get Buhrer and one more.

At this stage I see us running out like this next year:

1. Ross
2. Dennis/Chanel/Pat?
3. Wardle
4. Gagai
5. Elliot
6. Mullen
7. Hodkinson
8. Mataora
9. Kostjasyn
10. D Saifiti
11. Sione
12. Buhrer
13. Korbin

14. J Saifiti
15. Pauli
16. Barnett
17. Levi

Not sure who is in line for fullback unless we sign someone but I'm willing to give Ross a crack.

I know Mullen to hooker and Lamb to 6 has some hype, but not sure how that fits unless Levi is on the outer.

Levi has to step up this year - I am yet to warm to him. Pythian on the other hand I am a big fan of.

We are bloody light on in the wings. Our centre/wing defence was deplorable this year but what else have we got?

perverse

Referee
I like Bird the player and think he would be great for us.

But I don't want to throw out the baby with the bath water on this one. If he is that anti the club, I don't want to be losing good moneyball players for him.

I like Taylor but think we need a metre eater lock. Good players but none of Buhrer, Sione, Barnett are bigger than your average centre.

My kingdom for a chance to sign someone like Finucane - an under appreciated young guy who works hard through the middle and is languishing on another stacked team's bench. What a signing he was for Melbourne. It sounds like they will lose Proctor to the Titans in a few weeks - not sure what impact that would have on Bird.

Of course, Korbin could start stepping up and be great at the lock role but I am losing faith fast there. It's a shame though because there is so much potential. He made 36 tackles and 160 metres in a game there for Fiji. At this stage I am willing to give him that jersey and hope he thrives on it.

With Hull avoiding relegation I now expect to see Wardle here next year and am tipping he'll be at centre. I haven't watched the guy play but we are short there and with the backrowers we are targeting it seems we will be long those if we get Buhrer and one more.

At this stage I see us running out like this next year:

1. Ross
2. Dennis/Chanel/Pat?
3. Wardle
4. Gagai
5. Elliot
6. Mullen
7. Hodkinson
8. Mataora
9. Kostjasyn
10. D Saifiti
11. Sione
12. Buhrer
13. Korbin

14. J Saifiti
15. Pauli
16. Barnett
17. Levi

Not sure who is in line for fullback unless we sign someone but I'm willing to give Ross a crack.

I know Mullen to hooker and Lamb to 6 has some hype, but not sure how that fits unless Levi is on the outer.

Levi has to step up this year - I am yet to warm to him. Pythian on the other hand I am a big fan of.

We are bloody light on in the wings. Our centre/wing defence was deplorable this year but what else have we got?
At this stage i expect Wardle to spend about half of each season suspended, especially playing for us... but I imagine when he's available, he'll be a centre yeah.

You're right about Levi. I'm a fan, I think he's quick out of dummy half and has a good service game... but yeah, this year was just really lacking from him wasn't it? Back issues wouldn't have helped there, but yeah he needs a big 2017.

I think Mullo showed in a single game that he can provide more impact playing at hooker than anyone else we currently have, so that's always an option if one of Cogger and Lamb can kick on. It's probably a pretty attractive option.

I think we'll see Korbin shipped off eventually, and maybe Kostjaysn in the 13... but that's purely guessing, it depends what kind of lock Brown wants. You can probably only afford to do 13. Kostjaysn if your front row is strong, so maybe that won't be the case. Korbin is just another in a long line of "coulda-but-won't-bes" for us. Kid has all the talent he needs, but seems to have the same Sims disease as his brothers. None of them have ever found much consistency. He would be the best of the 3 of them if he could, but I'm not holding my breath anymore. Wouldn't be unhappy if we shipped him off if he has another lacklustre year.

Someone like Finucane would be great. Fensom would be an ok surrogate.