What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day - GRAND FINAL

Chimp

Bench
There's a couple of fundementals for me;

1 - A good start is absolutely crucial - we can't afford to let them get a head start, they're too good at controlling the game from a lead

2 - We can't let the inevitable bad calls from the refs distract us. They will get the rub of the green on calls and be allowed to play to their defensive ploys - the ref isn't gonna put his neck on the block and penalise the sh!t out of em, so we just need to accept we've gotta play well enough to take the refs out of the equation and get on with it.

I really fancy Feki to have a blinder tonight. He's been great with hard yards around the ruck all year, getting us an early roll on in our sets, we'll need plenty of that against the merkins and I don't rate Vunivalu in defence - Feki could own him in the corners. He's not a player who I usually rave about, but I just get the feeling this is his day to shine.

Storm will bomb the fek out of Feki.
His droppsies off kicks above his head have become a little too common. That young Fijian flyer has a good leap on him, hopefully our preparations have counteracted this process.

Maloney and Barba are usually the two names that come up when someone has been talking of game breakers, i think its going to be A-Fi or Bird who win it for us.
We have a few people who can break the game open whereas they have Smith and Cronk with a little Green and Munster thrown in.

Chimp

Bench
His droppsies off kicks above his head have become a little too common. That young Fijian flyer has a good leap on him, hopefully our preparations have counteracted this process.

Maloney and Barba are usually the two names that come up when someone has been talking of game breakers, i think its going to be A-Fi or Bird who win it for us.
We have a few people who can break the game open whereas they have Smith and Cronk with a little Green and Munster thrown in.

Feki is going to belt the living be-Jesus out of Vunivalu early on and send him off injured thus nullifying that danger.... then he'll dance a merry dance around Ben Hampton for the rest of the game, pick up the Clive Churchill and win me £1500.... boom

20 hrs on a plane after a week with mates in Vegas will wear you out I suppose.
Was there somewhere i saw you talked of a mate with Parkinsons?
Well a mate of mine died because of it last Saturday night. He was only 43.
We had the funeral on Thursday at Kiama Leagues.
My sister has a holiday house at Werri so i thought id do the right thing and stay there to drive straight to work at 5.30. Everything should've been wound up by 7. Wrong. Got home just after midnight. Good 12 hour session. I've been off since.

carcharias

Immortal
Yeah
My my mate I went to Vegas has it.
One of the reasons we sort of went
That and his birthday.
He won't die wondering.
This is the bloke I have played in bands with and gone to the footy with for 20 odd years.

Sorry to here about yours.
It's shit.
I can see it slowly getting him.

Thanks mate.
Worse thing is it has taken three in their family at once.
My best mate from high school, hes doing ok but its very visible, his mum who is not good at all, and finally his younger brother who died this week.
We knew he was nearlygone for a while and organised a benefit for his wife and kids 3 weeks ago. Raised $45k. Was a solid effort.

The Popper

Bench
I see it the same way as Bubby. I had cold shivers thinking Cronk may hammer Feki, with Vunivalu coming over the top. Nick Davis coached Feki but I think there is still a little bit of a quake there. Fifita could be our ace here, as could Birdy.

Weaponhead

Coach

Agree. Feki has been poor at defusing kicks but he needs much greater support from Leutele and Barba. They have to block and be ready to grab any knock downs.

Tutu

Juniors
Heading off shortly on the trip to Sydney. Meeting up with my brother and then heading in. Hoping to make it to the Lidcombe at some stage this arvo, but see how we go. I'd forgotten what butterflies even feel like ! All the very best everyone, and go you f@&kin' sharkies !!!!

Quigs

Immortal
IT'S OUR TIME !!!!!

Get out there you Sharkie Supporters and cheer the shit out of the place. I can see the masive sea of skyblue already.
Of course I don't but "I hate youse all". I am so envious of everyone that will have their arse sitting on a seat watching the game.

Especially to all of you that are stupid enough to continually frequent this forum. My friends enjoy the day. I will be there in spirit sitting beside youse.

GO THE MIGHTY SHARKIES !!!!!!

P.S..... I have already placed a call through to the Management of the Lidcombe Hotel and reminded them strongly of their Duty Of Care when it comes to the service of alcohol. Funny really the poor bastard that answered the phone actually thought that I was Inspector Quigley from the Licencing Branch.

chewsta

First Grade
Ive been pretty good all week, even slept well last night but since waking up suddenly at the crack of dawn I think its finally sunk in what is happening today and am shitting bricks. Just one more game please boys, Just one more win!