What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Johns Magic

Referee
Barry Toohey saying we will definitely go in big for a prop for 2018.

Who is off contract for 2018 besides Ryan James?

I'm a massive James fan(said we should sign him last time he was off-contract) but fear that ship has sailed. Big demand now.

Swarzey

Bench
Blair, Matulino, McGuire, McLean, Napa, Scott, Tolman and Woods.

Some quality backrowers like Hoffman, Harris, Guerra, Taumalolo too.

Noname36

First Grade
I wonder how many people here advocating signing this very talented kid off 2 games were the same people saying Stuart was stupid for paying what he did for Joey Tapine after 20 odd.

We're gonna have to pay massive overs to sign a decent fullback regardless. It's a position we're in most desperate need of some class/spark in.

While I've always rated Tapine and was angry we lost him he's an edge back rower that we, nor you guys, were in desperate need of. He wasn't even assured a FG spot at Canberra - hence why we found the money just based on his potential - when he wasn't needed right then a bit strange.

It's like comparing apples and a grilled cheese sandwich.

Latest rumour from Chris Garry indicates Sims is the consideration for a swap.By whom I don't know.
He can play but Sims has lost his spirit with us.
We have Josh King in the wings. If the kid improves I'd rather see him with spirit than Sims plod along with a good effort now and then.
Not negating that we need an experienced prop signing that will set an example and inspire the rest.

PhilGould

Bench
Sims would not even be in my starting 17 based off this years effort. No doubt he's getting paid well, too. If we can get rid of him and get Ponga early that's a win-win IMO.

Noname36

First Grade
I'd give them any forward they wanted other than the twins, Sione or Barnett (and they're no doubt the only ones they'd want lol).

Caped Crusader

Juniors
I'd honestly not want to see Ross go either. The guy bleeds for our club and isn't a complete plodder.

That's the kind of player we need to stay

Noname36

First Grade
I'd honestly not want to see Ross go either. The guy bleeds for our club and isn't a complete plodder.

That's the kind of player we need to stay

I said any forward they want mate.

If we sign Ponga, Ross and Gagai at centre with Sio on one wing and the others all fighting it out for the other IMO.

Noname36

First Grade
Sims was great in 2015 I thought. His effort for his size (or lack there of) was very commendable. Don't know what happened to him this year though. Big drop in effort. I have to wonder if the drama with his brother had any impact.

Just taking a look at some vision of Ponga: I think my favourite part is that he seems to have some genuine vision and a passing game on him. "Teenage sensations" with a good step/running game can really go either way come first grade when there is proper defence in front of them but he seems to have genuine vision and class. I'm really hoping this ends up happening now. Exactly what we need.

Latest posts