What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Lodge Arrested in New York

Shorty

Staff member
Just wanted to point out how hilarious that you're riding a horse so high, yet you're in the same boat. Don't follow them as much because of Zeke, but were all aboard the Greg Hardy train? Nice.
Yeah except I didn't sook about how the poor Cowboys were hard done by by the media did I?

Canard

Immortal
According to the SMH, Lodge has now been ordered to begin making payments to the victims by the NRL.

Spot On

Coach
Could pay it back a hell of a lot quicker if he wasn't earning a pie and coke a week.

What's he going to do, send some food stamps over for the next year.

Didn't he turn down a motza from Newcastle to sign on for a pittance in Brisbane???

Toddy needs to eyeball him and ask why he turned down 300K plus per annum when he desperately needed the money.

Greenberg is a goose.

mozza91

Coach
Greenberg stand up to the Broncos? I’ve got more chance of tonguing Gal Gadot’s taint than that ever happening.

AJB1102

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/ef112be57d441f878340cd28c73b7027

NRL boss Todd Greenberg orders Matt Lodge to pay victims’ compensation or be kicked out

I don't think its the NRL's place to have any say in this, and if it wasn't a condition when registering his contract I'm not sure how they could now use it to tear up his contract.

No "well done" for the NRL they've obviously crumbled under the pressure and now want to look to do something that'll be viewed positively by the merkins who'll just move onto the next thing on their list of reasons to dislike and shitcan RL.

Reactions: Vee

Shorty

Staff member
I don't think its the NRL's place to have any say in this, and if it wasn't a condition when registering his contract I'm not sure how they could now use it to tear up his contract.

No "well done" for the NRL they've obviously crumbled under the pressure and now want to look to do something that'll be viewed positively by the merkins who'll just move onto the next thing on their list of reasons to dislike and shitcan RL.
I agree with part but again if they've crumbled it's no fault but their own.
They deserved all the scrutiny and obviously didn't think it through.

Exsilium

First Grade
Greenberg: “Wayne, what’s being done about the compensation matter”

Wayne: *Groan*

Greenberg: “That’s not an answer Wayne. I have to front the media”

Wayne: *Background whispers* “He has a strong...desire to make the necessary arrangements”

Greenberg: “Brilliant, I’ll use it.”

blaza88z

Coach
Brisbane are one of the richest clubs in the comp, surely we could just pay it for him on the proviso he becomes a Bronco for life.. no one would know

Jason Simmons

Juniors
There’s 2 problems with that:
1. Andrew Gee is no longer around
2. If Lodge doesn’t start delivering soon he’ll be punted

So we’ve only allegedly breached the salary cap in years when Andrew Gee was about?

Excellent! Glad we’ve cleared that up.

It’s official now LU, any year when Gee hasn’t worked for the club we are completely free of suspicion of any salary cap breach... How many hears off hand has he not been there for?

They add up...

Canard

Immortal

More making excuses for the Broncos.

Tiger5150

Bench
CBF watching or reading, just tell me the important bits. Did ToddG have a very serious/tough guy look on his face and tough tone of voice?

The NRL haven't ordered it. Don't be fooled by the headline.

"We’re in dialogue with his agent and with his club and there is a strong desire to come up with a payment plan,” Greenberg said."

Ahhhh theres my answer. Standard Toddy management. The guy is all show.

Life's Good

Coach
So we’ve only allegedly breached the salary cap in years when Andrew Gee was about?

Excellent! Glad we’ve cleared that up.

It’s official now LU, any year when Gee hasn’t worked for the club we are completely free of suspicion of any salary cap breach... How many hears off hand has he not been there for?

They add up...

Where did I mention salary cap? As a paid employee of the Broncos you would have far greater insight than me.