What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic Weekend 2019 - Suncorp

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Home teams:
Bulldogs
Manly
Storm
Warriors
Wests Tigers

Titans, Rabbitohs and Roosters seem like the other likely three, although Parramatta could be on the table as another.

No chance: Broncos, Sharks, Knights, Cowboys, Dragons, Canberra and Penrith.

some11

Referee
I’ll guarantee Brisbane won’t be a home team
Why would they be? every Suncorp doubler header has seen the travelling team be the home team to make them money they wouldn't otherwise be able to and boost their crowd average for the season.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Is there a sense of if fans are going to travel in numbers to be a part of this? Im guessing that is the point of the exercise to fill suncorp both days with a variety of fanbases? Will they sell individual game tickets or one day/two day passes I wonder?

Valheru

Coach
Why would they be? every Suncorp doubler header has seen the travelling team be the home team to make them money they wouldn't otherwise be able to and boost their crowd average for the season.

If they play manly then fine as they have been their opponent in those double headers the last couple of years.

It wouldn't surprise me to see them play another opponent in addition to a further away game there against manly

sempmrh

Juniors
Is there a sense of if fans are going to travel in numbers to be a part of this? Im guessing that is the point of the exercise to fill suncorp both days with a variety of fanbases? Will they sell individual game tickets or one day/two day passes I wonder?
I’ve been travelling up from Melbourne for the last three Brisbane double headers and probably would have done it again in 2019 had there been another one. I won’t be heading up for this.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Warriors also a home team.
I’ll guarantee Brisbane won’t be a home team

Right so teams use this game to increase their attendance and get a chunk of cash from the nrl while playing the broncos at home?

How about f**king off

mozza91

Coach
Giving Brisbane 13 home games is a bold move from the NRL. It’s making their obvious favouritism towards them official. Kind of like leaving your wife for your mistress.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Home teams:
Bulldogs
Manly
Storm
Warriors

Wests Tigers

Titans, Rabbitohs and Roosters seem like the other likely three, although Parramatta could be on the table as another.

No chance: Broncos, Sharks, Knights, Cowboys, Dragons, Canberra and Penrith.

That's a f**king disgrace, unless of course they requested to be the home team.

some11

Referee
Giving Brisbane 13 home games is a bold move from the NRL. It’s making their obvious favouritism towards them official. Kind of like leaving your wife for your mistress.
Take the stick out of your arse and realise other teams agree to take a home game up there.

Timmah

Staff member
That's a f**king disgrace, unless of course they requested to be the home team.
Storm have held a home game in Brisbane for several years, not sure how that's a "f**king disgrace".

And the Warriors confirmed it a while ago. I'd say if they're happy to be out there confirming that fact then they're probably ok with it?

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
The warriors will attract all of the north and south islands to Suncorp.

Upper and lower Coomera that is

The Great Dane

First Grade
Storm have held a home game in Brisbane for several years, not sure how that's a "f**king disgrace".

And the Warriors confirmed it a while ago. I'd say if they're happy to be out there confirming that fact then they're probably ok with it?

I thought that post was pretty self explanatory, but I guess I'll make it really crystal clear for you...

It's their decision to take a home game to Brisbane if they so wish (we could go into why it's a stupid decision that in the long term hurts them more than it helps them, but that is beside the point, and honestly I can't be bothered right now), but if they were pressured, coerced, or forced into taking a home game up there cause the NRL f**ked up their stadium and GF hosting rights negotiations so badly that they had to hold this abortion of an idea in Brisbane to make up it up to the Queensland government and still didn't get anything that they wanted, then it's a f**king disgrace.

It helps their membership sales to be able to offer a Brisbane membership

There's no way that the NRL is going to allow them to sell "Brisbane memberships" that include tickets to 'the Magic Weekend', no way.

This is supposed to be a big event, they'll be trying to sell tickets at a premium not packaging them in memberships...

Timmah

Staff member
I thought that post was pretty self explanatory, but I guess I'll make it really crystal clear for you...

It's their decision to take a home game to Brisbane if they so wish (we could go into why it's a stupid decision that in the long term hurts them more than it helps them, but that is beside the point, and honestly I can't be bothered right now), but if they were pressured, coerced, or forced into taking a home game up there cause the NRL f**ked up their stadium and GF hosting rights negotiations so badly that they had to hold this abortion of an idea in Brisbane to make up it up to the Queensland government and still didn't get anything that they wanted, then it's a f**king disgrace.

There's no way that the NRL is going to allow them to sell "Brisbane memberships" that include tickets to 'the Magic Weekend', no way.

This is supposed to be a big event, they'll be trying to sell tickets at a premium not packaging them in memberships...
- it is their decision, and its one they've made for several years now
- it makes sense given the traditionally high level of Maroons players in their squad
- I doubt they needed to be pressured or coerced.

You're actually getting stupidly upset about a hypothetical lol

Latest posts