What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Membership

Liddell

Juniors
Warriors have boosted their membership numbers by offering half price memberships this year. They want to increase that number by offering fans the option to sign up for a membership then claim a refund if they're not happy with the first 3 games.

Did they name it the fair weather package?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I hope there is a plan being cooked up by the new owners of the Titans because they are going nowhere fast. I'm happy to give them a fair crack to come good but I'm not happy to settle for a team averaging 10-12k team when the licence can go up the highway to Brisbane and double that average crowd at Suncorp as a starting point and then grow from there.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I hope there is a plan being cooked up by the new owners of the Titans because they are going nowhere fast. I'm happy to give them a fair crack to come good but I'm not happy to settle for a team averaging 10-12k team when the licence can go up the highway to Brisbane and double that average crowd at Suncorp as a starting point and then grow from there.
Still think GC getting the nod over Gosford was a mistake in 07 tbh

titoelcolombiano

First Grade

Possibly was, I think they were deliberately trying to boost QLD NRL participation and fend of the AFL's GC plans but I think Brisbane 2 would have been smarter. The Broncos 20 year exclusivity deal as a part of SuperLeague peace talks expired that year and it would have been the perfect addition to the comp.

beave

Coach

i don’t.

i think the mistake was Searle having visions of grandeur and building that stupid f**king CoE at Robina and then the GFC happening and him then having to raise the prices significantly of corporate boxes to cover costs and then shitting on local businesses by not paying them and offering corporate boxes as ‘payment’. One of my mates, his old man had a corporate box at Robina and copped nearly 100% cost rise in one off season, Searle rang him and asked why he wasn’t renewing, you could imagine the response.......

He should have also played a bit
more hardball with stadiums QLD on the rental price at Robina. The first 3 years they were going great guns and it all came crashing down.

sidenote, NQ numbers are woeful imo. With what happened last week, unless we have a strong year on the field, I think we’ll struggle for crowds and membership this year, I pray I’m wrong.

Perth Red

Post Whore

They’ve only avg’d under 13k twice in their 12 year history. As opposed to say Cronulla who have avg’d Under 13k 8 times in that same period. Why the double standards for the titans compared to most other clubs?

Knight Vision

First Grade
sidenote, NQ numbers are woeful imo
indeed, those numbers are pathetic considering the on field success theyve had over the last years.

Hard to go past the Titans though their lack of members is staggering. If the front office cant get more members than that they should sack themselves.

carcharias

Immortal
indeed, those numbers are pathetic considering the on field success theyve had over the last years.

Hard to go past the Titans though their lack of members is staggering. If the front office cant get more members than that they should sack themselves.

Gold Coast is not really a footy town.
I know a lot of people who live there and either don’t watch footy or follow a Sydney team from when they grew up.

Timmah

Staff member
They’ve only avg’d under 13k twice in their 12 year history. As opposed to say Cronulla who have avg’d Under 13k 8 times in that same period. Why the double standards for the titans compared to most other clubs?
Your ability to use statistics to make things suit your point is politician-like.

Here are the facts: upload_2019-2-8_9-10-50.png

Courtesy of https://afltables.com/rl/crowds/titans.html

They started high, and once interest waned and success eluded them, the crowds fell. The region isn't really interested in them anymore (and if they are, they aren't turning up).

Perth Red

Post Whore
Your ability to use statistics to make things suit your point is politician-like.

Here are the facts: View attachment 26995

Courtesy of https://afltables.com/rl/crowds/titans.html

They started high, and once interest waned and success eluded them, the crowds fell. The region isn't really interested in them anymore (and if they are, they aren't turning up).

The poster said if they can only avg 10-12k they should be moved. If that’s the criteria for moving nrl clubs then we are going to see some interesting times ahead! Everyone slates the titans crowds yet they are far from the worse in the league over the last ten seasons. If they have some success on the field, like all other clubs, then they will get back up to crowds higher than many imo.

If you are basing that last comment on last seasons crowds what does it say about manly, Cronulla, canberra and parramatta who all had lower crowd avg’s despite the advantage of away crowds against Sydney teams that GC doesn’t have? Do you feel their regions aren’t trwlly interested in them either or are you applying the same double standards as others seem to do when it co es to the Titans!

Their lack of members does need addressing though.

Timmah

Staff member
The poster said if they can only avg 10-12k they should be moved. If that’s the criteria for moving nrl clubs then we are going to see some interesting times ahead! Everyone slates the titans crowds yet they are far from the worse in the league over the last ten seasons. If they have some success on the field, like all other clubs, then they will get back up to crowds higher than many imo.

Their lack of members does need addressing though.
Let me repeat:

For the Titans to be pulling such poor crowds - particularly given their relatively uncluttered market - is a massive concern. Trying to deflect onto other clubs isn't the discussion here.

And their memberships are consistently bottom of the pile.