What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Happy MEel

First Grade
Latrell
(Daylight)
Roberts

Then in no particular order:
Jack Bird
Waqa Blake
Ewan Aitken
Will Hopoate
Curtis Scott
Tyrone Peachey
Jarrod Croker
BJ Leilua
Michael Jennings
Clint Gutherson
Aitken would be right up there as well.

strider

Post Whore
Latrell
(Daylight)
Roberts

Then in no particular order:
Jack Bird
Waqa Blake
Ewan Aitken
Will Hopoate
Curtis Scott
Tyrone Peachey
Jarrod Croker
BJ Leilua
Michael Jennings
Clint Gutherson
I'd put Mennings and Gutho near the top - tho mennings might be considered old news .... and as said, Gutho might lose his chance there due to not playing any regular centre

Bird seems to have dropped off - Blake and Aitken too .... BJ can be destructive, for both your team and the opposition unfortunately .... Hoppa, Scott solid .... croker is no chance, terrible defender

Noise

Coach
I'd put Mennings and Gutho near the top - tho mennings might be considered old news .... and as said, Gutho might lose his chance there due to not playing any regular centre

Bird seems to have dropped off - Blake and Aitken too .... BJ can be destructive, for both your team and the opposition unfortunately .... Hoppa, Scott solid .... croker is no chance, terrible defender

IMO The things holding Gutho back from getting picked there (besides as you mentioned the fact he doesn’t play there each week) are his lack of speed or size. I reckon Freddy will want someone with either

strider

Post Whore
IMO The things holding Gutho back from getting picked there (besides as you mentioned the fact he doesn’t play there each week) are his lack of speed or size. I reckon Freddy will want someone with either
yeah he would never sneek onto a wing spot as others obviously do - far too slow ... but i think he is as good as others at centre .... you don't have to chase em in the first place if you make the initial tackle

Eelementary

Post Whore
While I agree that Guth is probably at long odds to play Origin, I'd like to mention:

(1) he's an "Origin player" in terms of grit and attitude

(2) Hayne (though obviously a much more skilled player) played centre at Origin level, with limited prior experience there.

Fittler may want to find a spot for a competitor like Guth in his side.

84 Baby

Referee
The other thing with Ayoub & Gutho ..... what exactly are they doing that is "slimey"?

They turned down the 500k and backed Gutho to prove he is worth more .... and that is EXACTLY what has happened.

While I'm sure ayoub was doing alot of background talking, they have allowed Parra every chance to pay more .... we just haven't gone to their expectations .... end up at 4 yrs - 700k it seems - I think we could have got him there, but we baulked

They have every right to stand their ground .... and if Gutho continues to be our best player, they have every right to up the asking price ..... there is talk of giving Moses more - why shouldn't Gutho expect similar to Moses? Gutho is our f**king captain and a clear leader

I have no problem what-so-ever with our club standing firm also, but I don't know if the player+agent are being particularly slimey here either, just cos we aren't getting what we want
The only slimey thing I’d say is the continual leaking to media but I think that’s taken a life of its own now.

Also I get the impression Gunco doesn’t enjoy that because now he just gets smashed with journo questions

strider

Post Whore
while i get the media are sensationalist morons alot of the time, I get the inflated interest in our situation

even back in 2015/16/17 when we were signing merkins, you could see alot were all off contract at the same time, 2019 when the coach was also off contract .... it was a bit of a scary thought then

can't blame the media for latching onto it ..... though they are bigger flip floppers than captain flip flop

Noise

Coach
while i get the media are sensationalist morons alot of the time, I get the inflated interest in our situation

even back in 2015/16/17 when we were signing merkins, you could see alot were all off contract at the same time, 2019 when the coach was also off contract .... it was a bit of a scary thought then

can't blame the media for latching onto it ..... though they are bigger flip floppers than captain flip flop

Yep it’s similar to a couple of years ago when Moses, Brooks, Woods and Tedesco were all coming off contract at the same time. Media were all over it every single day

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
While I agree that Guth is probably at long odds to play Origin, I'd like to mention:

(2) Hayne (though obviously a much more skilled player) played centre at Origin level, with limited prior experience there.

Off the bench? Can play a number of positions.

Rocket man

Juniors
All I know is that players are stick with agents for the period of the contract the agent gets them. Obviously breach of contract could get them out of it but that would require a court case.
An agent will try to get their client to sign with them so their playing contract normally ends when they are
All I know is that players are stick with agents for the period of the contract the agent gets them. Obviously breach of contract could get them out of it but that would require a court case.
Agents would try to sign a player for a period in excess of their playing contract so they have income from the next playing contract they negotiate.
I remember talking to a friend who was a friend of a player. He said the player did not hear from his manager for a number of years until his contract was up for renewal !

parra pete

Referee

Hope not. Hope none of the Eels get picked...but that is just me...I;m pretty selfish...

Latest posts