What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO Kearney

At least the post match would be more entertaining than old ya knows efforts lol

That's why I worry about the poor bastards health coaching us.

But we can only wish.

Manly record 61 wins 105 games = 58.09%

Bradford bulls 6 wins 23 games = 26.09%
Not so flash

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
That's why I worry about the poor bastards health coaching us.

But we can only wish.

Manly record 61 wins 105 games = 58.09%

Bradford bulls 6 wins 23 games = 26.09%
Not so flash
You're only as good as your "cattle" to a degree

Kearney has overseen the assembly of his herd...

Blair

Coach
If we're writing Mooks' Warriors-coaching 'epitaph' then fair's fair, I'll always appreciate him breaking some old hoodoos, such as the recent win at Penrith.

Iron Lion

Juniors
If we're writing Mooks' Warriors-coaching 'epitaph' then fair's fair, I'll always appreciate him breaking some old hoodoos, such as the recent win at Penrith.

Personally id like 3 years back of having to watch 'Kearney Ball', Adam Blair, Gerard Beale and Isaiah Papalii

Iafeta

Referee
Can you poach some 18 old union guy...just some hope.

That’s pretty much Hayze Perham.

We got screwed recently with Etene Nanai who is RTSs cousin. Good deal, long deal, tosser stopped turning up when the NZ 7s team poached him.

Interestingly we had Payne Haas on a developmental deal. So in fairness I think they do try but you can give them the finest whiskey it’s still going to taste like Diet Coke if Kearney is the one spilling it

Kent summed it up tonight on NRL 360'

"I'll tell you the problem with the Warriors, and they continually make this mistake and have made it nearly their entire existence, when you look when they make the Grand Finals they have a good spread of Australian's in the team, there is this insistence over there that they all have to be Kiwi's, that come through the junior Kiwi systems, which aren't as strong as the Australian systems, therefore they don't have the grounding to create the results that they need, that the young kids are learning at a young age over here. They are not doing it over there, that is why the are flighty, that why they are up and down, that's why they are great one week because their talent comes to the fore, the next week when they got to be a bit tough, they are not there. Yet year after year after year the Warriors make the same mistake."

Anyone got any of the numbers on the amount Aussie's in the teams for each year and our respective finishing on the NRL ladder of that year?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I'm sure I could find a dozen posts by myself and other posters from years ago that have said that repeatedly.

About time an Aussie journalist catches up.

Enter Roach with, big Warrior forwards, jungle ball, looking tired.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Tigers look in better shape than us TBH

Nah.

As for the signing kiwis thing - it’s a chicken and egg equation I reckon. We don’t get top grade Aussies unless we pay overs for them - Auckland isn’t an attractive destination, and it’s made less attractive by an underperforming footy side. Basically we have to pay overs (hello cap pressure) or take a punt on journeymen or lower graders. Sometimes the latter pays off (Burr, Webb) but just as often it fails.
The safest bets are kiwis who’ve come up through the Aussie system, we can get them at a competitive price and they’ve got the grounding. The other option is Poms, but for some reason we can’t seem to pick the right ones.

Iafeta

Referee
The Poms situation seems fairly simple to me.

Go for forwards.

Stay away from backs.

I haven’t seen him for a while admittedly but the one who I thought would be good for us is Chris Hill.

Latest posts