What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs Sea Eagles

boardlumps62

Juniors
Field is a waste of space too small. Dufty also too small and not making any impact after good start last year. Pearson not that fast Garrick caught him just and everyone thought he was slow and had nothing. Robson not that impressive maybe already gone. We have no centres with size and speed no fullback with thrust. We have no back up forwards. What a wasted year can't blame Jack but if he was in our team at least he could tackle. And as a lot of people suggest we have no coach. I'm shattered.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
dont worry boys we only have to win 7 from 11 !!! - very wishful thinking from marys presser . second week in a row he mentions coaching staff needing to " do more " ( words to that effect ) apparantly coaching staff went away to work things out total waste of time looks like we need more assisstants to coach the coaches
Hahaha, coaching staff as in himself.

rednwhites

Juniors
You could write a book about the deficiencies in McGregor teams but today one perfect example shone through. We managed to bomb tactically to Tom T to nullify his runs, and we clearly made a plan to shut down the Sea Eagles offloads in that first half. Even though they took the front I was pleased that at least we came with a logical plan.

In the second half both these tactics were completely done away with. When we weren't kicking to wingers in their in goal on the full, or fumbling balls, we were kicking to Tom T with plenty of space for him to move, and we allowed what felt like 100 offloads from Manly.

Once again, the lack of consistency and fundamental unprofessional display from Mary's team defies belief. I used to joke I should take his job, now I am positive I could do a better job working part time.

I feel for every single one of us right now. We deserve so much more for our commitment.

You could write a book about the deficiencies in McGregor teams but today one perfect example shone through. We managed to bomb tactically to Tom T to nullify his runs, and we clearly made a plan to shut down the Sea Eagles offloads in that first half. Even though they took the front I was pleased that at least we came with a logical plan.

In the second half both these tactics were completely done away with. When we weren't kicking to wingers in their in goal on the full, or fumbling balls, we were kicking to Tom T with plenty of space for him to move, and we allowed what felt like 100 offloads from Manly.

Once again, the lack of consistency and fundamental unprofessional display from Mary's team defies belief. I used to joke I should take his job, now I am positive I could do a better job working part time.

I feel for every single one of us right now. We deserve so much more for our commitment.
Hasler adjusted his plan.
That's what good coaches do.
McGregor couldn't counter.
Chasm in aptitude and footy smarts.

BLM01

First Grade
dont worry boys we only have to win 7 from 11 !!! - very wishful thinking from marys presser . second week in a row he mentions coaching staff needing to " do more " ( words to that effect ) apparantly coaching staff went away to work things out total waste of time looks like we need more assisstants to coach the coaches
7 from 11...dont tell me he is now table watching...that will only give us 26 points
I wonder if the media said to mary this week with The Panthers bye still to come we are 14th.
He was pumping up his own trumpet still being equal 8th last week
As Mary says a few losses in a row and you fall back down. 1 loss from equal 8th...back to 14th. WOW

Wittenberg

Juniors
What a disaster this year has been! Yes injuries have played their part but the management of our roster and the coaching is the crux of our problem. Watching Garrick hurt us today and Herbert developing into a powerful centre at the Warriors really hurts. I don’t knock Maranta or Lats, they are not to be blamed for the level of their ability, they do the best they can and simply seek a gig where they can get one. The ones to blame are our Board and CEO. Yep Mary is not a good coach and I pray for the day that he goes, but again I think all our anger should be directed at those who supposedly run this club, who refuse to see that our club needs to move forward, to be rebuilt. Sometimes I feel our greatest problem is our glorious history. We need to realise that the past is the past, old boys are just that, old. We need to develop a new culture driven by new people, who value the past but who are not always living it. Trapped by it. I won’t hold my breathe for a change of culture emerging in 2020.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I seriously thought I couldn’t get more angry since that Newcastle game but McGregor has taken our low point lower than we could have ever thought.

I have personally spoken to a few players who have left our club albeit juniors and when asked about McGregor they just don’t like or trust him. Thinks he is in the league of Bellamy or bennet but what got me is seeing how much Garrick or Herbert would have cost us and what the cost of signing someone like maranta or allgood or latimore would have cost. Like is the guy delusional prior to the game I am sure I heard him say the coaching staff went away to reset there thoughts on the season

And what was Crawley doing in the coaches box as I didn’t see Hornby. I guess he was making sure his brother Paul Crawley wasn’t going to question McGregors position. Sounds like insurance for bad publicity to me

Como Connection

First Grade
What an absolute rabble we’ve become.
I know we’re short on troops but nothing has changed for five years. Poor game plans, poor selections, poor use of the bench etc all under the watch of incompetent coaching staff. Two more years of this. Thanks board & BJ.
BJ as CEO follows the direction of the board.
Don't see how it is his fault.
CC

Dorsai

Juniors
Nothing offered by the backs 1 through 5 today. Seriously, neither centre or wing deserves to play anything higher than Park football and is a real show for McIdiot today. His cast off in Garrick ran rings around them.
The forwards tried whilst they had the petrol but again, no game play, no plan, no defensive pattern and the same attacking plan since McIdiot took over.
Based on every performance to date, including the one against the 2019 wooden spooners, we are looking at 15th, maybe 14th at best.
Well done McIdiot, well done. Sack him now so at least we can get the next home boy no hoper off the ground early.

7 from 11...dont tell me he is now table watching...that will only give us 26 points
I wonder if the media said to mary this week with The Panthers bye still to come we are 14th.
He was pumping up his own trumpet still being equal 8th last week
As Mary says a few losses in a row and you fall back down. 1 loss from equal 8th...back to 14th. WOW
McGregor uses a calculator that suits him...always.
"Two wins outside the 8", "If we keep winning, we'll be a top 4 side" and so on.
A serious FG coach would not be saying such rubbish.
The only calculation of any consequence is his win/loss record since his contract extension - 1and 6.
I am only surprised at how bad it is..\
BJ as CEO follows the direction of the board.
Don't see how it is his fault.
CC
If he accepts the status quo then he should resign in protest.

rasaint

Juniors
So much written. My thoughts:

1. Our forward pack was outmuscled.
2. I have never been convinced about Luc Leilua. Look let him go, ability sometimes but not urgent or consistent. Again the next big thing Robson was ordinary and again he fluffed a simple play the ball just like last week. Blake Lawrie is and always has been gutsy but ineffective, only fringe 1st grader.
3. In fairness Pearson was not ‘run down’. Garrick was coming across and had to drive to grab a bit of his jersey before Pearson pulled away. Dufty tackled and caught the ball well. With a pop gun forward pack effort no room for him to attack.
4. Ben Hunt played very well and never gave up.
5. I would give Jordan P a run at centre next week.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The record is there and speaks for itself.

Opposition teams have consistently beaten us in the second half, and our impression on the competition ladder for the last five seasons has been far from glorious.

Responsibility for this must land on the coach's doorstep.

But we again find ourselves losing our way after extending McGregor's contract during the season.

Responsibility for this must land on the Club board's doorstep.

Blaming it on the players, many of whom were not here five years ago, is just nonsense.

If Saints were a movie, it’d be Groundhog Day with McGregor starring as Punxsutawney Phil.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
What a disaster this year has been! Yes injuries have played their part but the management of our roster and the coaching is the crux of our problem. Watching Garrick hurt us today and Herbert developing into a powerful centre at the Warriors really hurts. I don’t knock Maranta or Lats, they are not to be blamed for the level of their ability, they do the best they can and simply seek a gig where they can get one. The ones to blame are our Board and CEO. Yep Mary is not a good coach and I pray for the day that he goes, but again I think all our anger should be directed at those who supposedly run this club, who refuse to see that our club needs to move forward, to be rebuilt. Sometimes I feel our greatest problem is our glorious history. We need to realise that the past is the past, old boys are just that, old. We need to develop a new culture driven by new people, who value the past but who are not always living it. Trapped by it. I won’t hold my breathe for a change of culture emerging in 2020.

Correct.

The manner which this club loves looking at the past (and not forward) is sickening. One wonders what Frank Facer would have thought of this monumental mess.

So much written. My thoughts:

1. Our forward pack was outmuscled.
2. I have never been convinced about Luc Leilua. Look let him go, ability sometimes but not urgent or consistent. Again the next big thing Robson was ordinary and again he fluffed a simple play the ball just like last week. Blake Lawrie is and always has been gutsy but ineffective, only fringe 1st grader.
3. In fairness Pearson was not ‘run down’. Garrick was coming across and had to drive to grab a bit of his jersey before Pearson pulled away. Dufty tackled and caught the ball well. With a pop gun forward pack effort no room for him to attack.
4. Ben Hunt played very well and never gave up.
5. I would give Jordan P a run at centre next week.
What forward pack ? We had no bench Vaughan Frizell sims host played well and we were on top
Luc should never wear the red V his attitude (LAZY) no more chances...
Think rava should be in the centres jp to the wing