What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Origin III - Wed 10 Jul - NSW 26-20 QLD @ ANZ

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheFrog

Coach
Pearce deservedly so if NSW win. He would be made the scapegoat again if they lose so why not praises when the game is won. Ultimate redemption if you ask me
Hopefully Jimmy can keep Pearce's head on his shoulders if Queensland mount a decent challenge in the final 20 minutes.

Last week kn NRL 360, Paul Kent had the gall to declare that the big story in this years SOO so far is the one about Mitchell Pierce, and everything before the announcement of Pierce was just manufactured news.

You know what they're like. It was all about Pearce in '17 as well. His side. He had arrived. We've heard it all before. It's the beginning of the end for Freddy that he fell for it, even if NSW win.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Pearce deservedly so if NSW win. He would be made the scapegoat again if they lose so why not praises when the game is won. Ultimate redemption if you ask me
As long as they don't make it ALL about Pierce if NSW win.

Remember, he is just a fill in. Compared to the overall effort from the rest of the squad, he won't be getting too much credit.

Besides, there is far too much better talent in the NSW side for Pearce to even get a look in as the Blues' saviour.

moffla

Bench
If we don’t win this we won’t win a decider in Sydney for the next 30 years

24-10
Pearce 2 try assists and Teddy player of series

Bloke

Juniors
I just get the feeling Munster will cut sick from the back. If anyone is gonna win the game off their own back for Qld, it’d be him.

Exsilium

First Grade
Hard to pick this game.

Heart says NSW...history of being f**ked in game 3's of the past suggests QLD

Sonny83

Juniors
Hopefully Jimmy can keep Pearce's head on his shoulders if Queensland mount a decent challenge in the final 20 minutes.

It's Jimmy's team now. I hope they learn from past mistakes and give J the 5th ball option rather than Pearcey. Heck I even feel more safe the 5th ball going to Wade Graham in the closing minutes.

TheFrog

Coach
Teddy player of series
He's owed it from last year but he'll need a blinder this game, which would mean NSW win by plenty. Teddy doesn't win you games, he just gets your for and against up. Teams who are on top shut him down. Jake T must also be in the running and Munster or even Gagai if Qld can get up.

isaiah

Bench
As long as they don't make it ALL about Pierce if NSW win.

Remember, he is just a fill in. Compared to the overall effort from the rest of the squad, he won't be getting too much credit.

Besides, there is far too much better talent in the NSW side for Pearce to even get a look in as the Blues' saviour.
It is all about Mitch if you win, lol. Nobody except gal to blame then for 8 series dynasty.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
REPORT: Gillett out of Origin decider

Gillett out of Origin decider
LeagueUnlimited Media | July 9 2019 10:29AM

Queensland coach Kevin Walters has confirmed Matt Gillett will miss Wednesday's third and deciding Origin match after he succumbed to a groin injury.

Gillett missed the Maroons' opposed session with the Queensland U20 side on the weekend and was in significant doubt at the time, with the official call being made today.

As of 10:30am Tuesday, the Maroons were yet to confirm the changes, although it is known that Ethan Lowe and Dylan Napa have been training with the squad.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
For someone who talks up every bog average panther, you sure can find creative ways to criticise good players.
I think you've got the wrong bloke there. I did say Tedesco deserved to win it last year. But are we giving awards based on last year? At the back end of game 1 as Queensland took charge he was useless. He was great in game 2, in a dominant side against an opposition that was still in Brisbane. Flat track bully they call it in cricket.

Everyone on here knows I'm Tedesco's harshest critic. He's dangerous if you allow him to be but in my view overrated.

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Walters seems to be losing the plot more by the day. NSW need to start well, and should, should have too many points in them. But we'll see.

SBD82

Coach
I think you've got the wrong bloke there. I did say Tedesco deserved to win it last year. But are we giving awards based on last year? At the back end of game 1 as Queensland took charge he was useless. He was great in game 2, in a dominant side against an opposition that was still in Brisbane. Flat track bully they call it in cricket.

Everyone on here knows I'm Tedesco's harshest critic. He's dangerous if you allow him to be but in my view overrated.
He’s currently the best fullback in the game. What more do you want from him?

mxlegend99

Referee
The only fullback I would consider trading Teddy for is Ponga. You would move any other fullback around to accomodate one of these guys.

Ie. Turbo in the centres.

no name

Coach

51085526-C650-4265-8EBC-5EA1787B3919.jpeg
Overrated :rolleyes: