What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Origin III - Wed 12 Jul - NSW 24-10 QLD @ Accor

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Queensland

Votes: 25 78.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bazza

Immortal
If people criticise NSW for having tried to play like the Panthers with Luai and Cleary in the halves, they would criticise NSW if they had Latrell at fullback as they would have to play like Souths to make it work. Latrell does not do much work on kick returns for Souths, a lot of it is left to Alex Johnston and the other wingers to do. That's why when he does run the ball, or ball play, it is so much more noticeable. No other NRL club is structured to play that style, so I doubt in the short preparation time available for Origin preparation that (regardless of who is NSW coach) you could get a NSW side to gel well enough to play that way. It's why I doubt Latrell will ever get picked at rep level at fullback whilst he plays his current style.

I'm not saying its ineffective. Just that I think its too much of an ask to have the entire rest of the team, most of whom do not play in that kind of set up, to have to adapt due to 1 player is all in such a relatively short time frame.
yes - Latrell is 100% a centre in any team

I think it is just the way of the modern professional game that centres have to play fullback to get more money

Blues Riff

Bench
Sad Doctor Who GIF
1689291738193.png

Valheru

Coach
Yep. It will be glorious

Moses does exactly what Cleary does... yet plays well. When it is Cleary it is bad.

Ahh love the hate from fans of inferior teams
I don't think anyone on this planet thinks Mitch Moses is the best halfback in the game let alone the best player.

Meanwhile the chin is allegedly the best player in the game and of his generation so if you're saying Moses and Cleary origin performance are equal then that is a massive indictment on Cleary's performances.

Iamback

Coach
I don't think anyone on this planet thinks Mitch Moses is the best halfback in the game let alone the best player.

Meanwhile the chin is allegedly the best player in the game and of his generation so if you're saying Moses and Cleary origin performance are equal then that is a massive indictment on Cleary's performances.

No that is how Origin is though, So many people to get the ball though. You can count on 1 hand the amount of games Joey dominated in

Look at the series he has won at 7.

Latrell, Teddy and Tommy in the side demanded the ball, Does a 7 hog it or give it too them?

Give them the ball 9/10 times. As opposed to club level where he can be more selfish

Latest posts