What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Origin III - Wed 12 Jul - NSW 24-10 QLD @ Accor

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Queensland

Votes: 25 78.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blocka

Juniors
I don't think they should play the dead rubber. Absurd that Qld lose a match and feel down , but then have to try to celebrate a series win. Conversely, NSW feels happy even though they've lost the series. Just doesn't make sense emotionally and for practical reasons, considering clubs need their players fresh.
I think they should make it an aggregate score so each match is worth something.

BranVan3000

Coach
Just came back from the game. FMD - how many people jumped the fence to try and streak onto the field?

for those watching on TV, did they show any of the streakers?
Remember a month ago some pundits claiming NZ were ruining the game by having a couple pitch invaders

BranVan3000

Coach
I don't think they should play the dead rubber. Absurd that Qld lose a match and feel down , but then have to try to celebrate a series win. Conversely, NSW feels happy even though they've lost the series. Just doesn't make sense emotionally and for practical reasons, considering clubs need their players fresh.
Make it a post season 7 match series over two months. First to four wins, no dead rubbers, no draws

Munky

Coach
Yeo had a terrible series. The only time our attack clicked was when he was off the field. Great club player but not a Rep player just like his big chinned co-captain alum.
Murray needs to start at 13 from now on.

Space cadet had no plan in attack and winning game three means nothing.

As a Knights fan I can understand that 100% tackle efficiency is hard to comprehend. Missed tackles are a way of life at Newcastle so the existential crisis you experience at seeing good defence must be mind blowing and hard to appreciate.

Freddy should have told him just to run the ball all series.

mozza91

Coach
Space cadet had no plan in attack and winning game three means nothing.

As a Knights fan I can understand that 100% tackle efficiency is hard to comprehend. Missed tackles are a way of life at Newcastle so the existential crisis you experience at seeing good defence must be mind blowing and hard to appreciate.

Freddy should have told him just to run the ball all series.
Never said he didn’t defend well but he was a handbrake in attack in Game 1 and 2. Murray showed that he was the better option last night.

Black Panther

Juniors
Yeo had a terrible series. The only time our attack clicked was when he was off the field. Great club player but not a Rep player just like his big chinned co-captain alum.
Did you see the difference of a dead rubber made? No pressure on anyone last night, just go out and pay Footy.
You seem to be lacking at little bit of Footy IQ. You know that Cleary and Yeo are current Aust starting payers who won the World Cup also.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Didn't miss a single tackle all series honey bun. Both he and Murray need to play 80

Mitchell at FB and go the Souths key components, Cook at 9, Murray 13, Walker at 6.

If people criticise NSW for having tried to play like the Panthers with Luai and Cleary in the halves, they would criticise NSW if they had Latrell at fullback as they would have to play like Souths to make it work. Latrell does not do much work on kick returns for Souths, a lot of it is left to Alex Johnston and the other wingers to do. That's why when he does run the ball, or ball play, it is so much more noticeable. No other NRL club is structured to play that style, so I doubt in the short preparation time available for Origin preparation that (regardless of who is NSW coach) you could get a NSW side to gel well enough to play that way. It's why I doubt Latrell will ever get picked at rep level at fullback whilst he plays his current style.

I'm not saying its ineffective. Just that I think its too much of an ask to have the entire rest of the team, most of whom do not play in that kind of set up, to have to adapt due to 1 player is all in such a relatively short time frame.

He had a decent game last night. Part of why the team looked better was he was just running the ball and not doing any ball playing. That meant Walker, Moses and Cook could then run the show, with Tedesco just looming up in support.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Yeo has been passing too far before the line all year. It hasn't just been a NSW thing, this dip in form is temporary. I'm happy for Murray to play 13 and Lord Isaah to play prop

Corner_Post

Juniors
Remember a month ago some pundits claiming NZ were ruining the game by having a couple pitch invaders
Don’t think the news or tv showed it but Queensland #5 player was tapped a couple of times on the back of the head as they ran on.

Funny the reactions of the security - like the pitch invader jumped right past one of them and you could see the cogs going on in his head: so I chase him or keep looking out into the crowd like nothing happened and let someone else handle it… obviously he chose the latter

I think that might be Teddy's last series. Worthy replacements are Dylan Edwards, Trbojevic or Nicho Hynes.

Edwards? Maybe.

Turbo? Sorry he needs to show he can stay injury free before I'd let him near another rep team - he's too much like glass.

Hynes at fullback? Nope.

aqua_duck

Coach
Never said he didn’t defend well but he was a handbrake in attack in Game 1 and 2. Murray showed that he was the better option last night.
To be fair to Yeo I don’t think he played badly but he wasn’t utilised correctly. I think he tried to replicate his Penrith play style and it just wasn’t working especially with Teddy being an even bigger handbrake outside him. What I love about Murray is even when he ball plays he’s digging into the line and at the same time his mobility and quick ptb are weapons in origin.
I think the way they used Yeo kind of in the Jurbo role was much more effective

Pumpkin

Juniors
Edwards? Maybe.

Turbo? Sorry he needs to show he can stay injury free before I'd let him near another rep team - he's too much like glass.

Hynes at fullback? Nope.
Who do you suggest then?

Imo Hynes' best position is FB. He's devastating to oppositions from there. It also allows the accommodation of himself and Cody Walker in the team.

Latest posts