What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Origin III - Wed 10 Jul - NSW 26-20 QLD @ ANZ

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lebbo73

Bench
Kevvy finds it hard to congratulate the Blues....lol
How’s the peptides going? You really are searching for anything to get enraged about. Enjoy your victory instead of whinging all of the time. Wait until the weekend and you’ll be bitching about the Broncos getting a penalty.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think it’s admirable that you are sticking up for Pearce. He has been so maligned that it’s almost bullying. But surely you can see where the criticism has come from.

Maloney had a shit game last night, and it wasn’t the first time. The key difference between Pearce and Maloney is that Pearce has also had plenty of shockers, but he has never had a game where he stood up like Maloney did in Perth.

And Pearce was poor again last night. His kicking game was ineffective, he needed to play tighter and more direct around the ruck, and he needed to play deeper and more direct on backline spreads. He had a backline at his disposal last night that was brimming with talent and needed early ball, and very rarely got it.

Happy for him to win a series, and happy for him to throw the long ball to get it to the edge for the winning try. That should get some monkeys off his back. But I think he is very lucky that the Hail Mary play worked, because it glossed over his poor game.
Of course I understand where the criticism comes from, I've criticised him myself in the past and you do make some valid points and at least have done it in a sensible manner. My question is how much of it comes down to tactics and coaching? As for the backline spreads and depth in attack, it wasn't that type of game, and also there were a few spreads that didn't pan out like when Turbo dropped it cold or the 5-6 times Cordner died with the ball, Wighton also had a few opportunities but was unable to beat his man.

Lebbo73

Bench
Mitchell Pearce just won an origin series. In a decider. On the bell.

Just let that sink in for a while.
That’s pretty cool. The poor prick deserved one no thanks to the unwarranted criticism he has copped from you fellas over the years.
You forget that last nights game is now yesterday’s news. It’ll all be forgotten before you know it and you’ll be left standing there celebrating by yourself looking like a goose with your dick in your hand. :D

SBD82

Coach
That’s pretty cool. The poor prick deserved one no thanks to the unwarranted criticism he has copped from you fellas over the years.
You forget that last nights game is now yesterday’s news. It’ll all be forgotten before you know it and you’ll be left standing there celebrating by yourself looking like a goose with your dick in your hand. :D
*with Teddy’s dick in my hand.

SBD82

Coach
Of course I understand where the criticism comes from, I've criticised him myself in the past and you do make some valid points and at least have done it in a sensible manner. My question is how much of it comes down to tactics and coaching? As for the backline spreads and depth in attack, it wasn't that type of game, and also there were a few spreads that didn't pan out like when Turbo dropped it cold or the 5-6 times Cordner died with the ball, Wighton also had a few opportunities but was unable to beat his man.
Agreed that the coaching is an unknown quantity, but I thought that Pearce’s control of that right side failed to bring Frizell and Turbo into the game, after they were so effective in game II I thought he crowded them by not playing more direct.

Weird that Turbo didn’t have the same floating role that he had in Game II though. That could have been the difference and why he was less effective.

isaiah

Bench
Yeah, I guess the important thing is... the result doesn't matter at this level.

Stay loyal QLD.
I don’t mind a contest, not many thought last night would be. If you are 3.35 you don’t get to 20-20. You have a lot of catching up, series wise, to do yet

Generalzod

Immortal
How’s the peptides going? You really are searching for anything to get enraged about. Enjoy your victory instead of whinging all of the time. Wait until the weekend and you’ll be bitching about the Broncos getting a penalty.

I can't do without a Peptide in the morning it's a miracle worker....

aqua_duck

Coach
Agreed that the coaching is an unknown quantity, but I thought that Pearce’s control of that right side failed to bring Frizell and Turbo into the game, after they were so effective in game II I thought he crowded them by not playing more direct.

Weird that Turbo didn’t have the same floating role that he had in Game II though. That could have been the difference and why he was less effective.
Yes he could've played more direct but the Qld line speed was very good and play the ball speed probably didn't allow for a lot of that. Again not saying he was brilliant by any means but he was at least as good if not better than anything Nathan Cleary has served up yet people are acting as if he had a Paul Carige like performance.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yes he could've played more direct but the Qld line speed was very good and play the ball speed probably didn't allow for a lot of that. Again not saying he was brilliant by any means but he was at least as good if not better than anything Nathan Cleary has served up yet people are acting as if he had a Paul Carige like performance.
Cleary has been bagged on here ever since last series aswell. Not even the result seems to keep people happy.

Personally win the series and who gives a f**k about what more players could have done? You only worry about that shit when you come up short.

Margin doesn't matter here. Only the result... NSW won the series so the guys involved did enough.