What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 wants to kill of a sydney club

Valheru

Coach
The truth that most non Rorters fans either dislike or even hate your team. As for being a basket case, that was true a few seasons ago, but as everything, things change. Your team indeed is the best at the moment, no one is denying it. What most feel or say though is that they don't much like that, so they choose to tune out. Simple. But we are all big boys here and we will get over it fast when the inevitable happens and your Rorters return to average or crap like in all cycles.

Not to hard to understand mate. No one is saying we should lower the standards of the competition as you thin skinned Cocks like to state. We just simply hate your club, your 3 supporters and feel sorry for your poor and unfortunate dog.

So you hate us? just say that and be done with it.

P.S. we don't give a f**k

VictoryFC

Bench
The owners of NFL teams would relocate from the over crowded Sydney market in an instance. Actually they would have done it 50 years ago. But its not like the NRL club owners (poker machine clubs) are going to relocate when they are poker machine clubs and they have a history of having no initiative at all, so yes in this instance the NRL is going to need to step in for the good of the clubs own selves.
But the point is that this talk comes up in part because of how bored everybody is with the current NRL. Everything about it is dull.
So a couple of league unlimited contributors are an exception, big deal.
Get over it.
Admit I am right.
Go on. Admit it.

Why would he admit you're right?

What a difficult decision it must be for american teams to relocate. I can just imagine it...

Own a club in a city of 2 million people with no other competition. Greedy politician f*ers won't build a new stadium....

I could stay in St Louis.

I could move to one of the other 500 million cities in the US with over a million people.

You know what...f* it...I'll just move to LA.

The parallels to Australia are striking!

TheRam

Coach
Why truth are you referring to?

Your club is a failure, that is the fault of your club and no one else.

Good to see that you omitted the rest of my post that told you what truth. Typical Rorter hoax. Always trying to cheat, even with or without a sombrero.

ram raid

Bench
There was a lot of interesting stuff said on Gould's podcast last night re expansion/ relocation if anyone hasn't listened to it, some of it concerning.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Feels like it's been about 25 years since the Broncos have done anything maybe Cradock should look in his own backyard.
Is being a complete f**kwit a prerequisite for signing on as a Courier Mail writer?

Reminds me a lot of Fitzimons, gotta get those opinions out there whether they make sense of not.

T-Boon

Coach
There was a lot of interesting stuff said on Gould's podcast last night re expansion/ relocation if anyone hasn't listened to it, some of it concerning.

Can you bullet point it. Sounds interesting but it’s Gould.

taipan

Referee
The owners of NFL teams would relocate from the over crowded Sydney market in an instance. Actually they would have done it 50 years ago. But its not like the NRL club owners (poker machine clubs) are going to relocate when they are poker machine clubs and they have a history of having no initiative at all, so yes in this instance the NRL is going to need to step in for the good of the clubs own selves.
But the point is that this talk comes up in part because of how bored everybody is with the current NRL. Everything about it is dull.
So a couple of league unlimited contributors are an exception, big deal.
Get over it.
Admit I am right.
Go on. Admit it.

The owners of NFL teams wouldn't be involved in this country for a start.There are more people in California than the whole of Australia.And Australia is as big geography wise as the USA.Plus we have this big sand pit, that covers a sh*t large area in the centre of our country.
Plus NFL clubs are privately owned, not backed mostly by Licensed clubs(who's charter is to propagate the game of rugby league.)
Plus there are two major pro football codes in this country ,and a 3rd the a league ,that is not the case in the USA.
So your analogy is way off the tarmac.

taipan

Referee
Feels like it's been about 25 years since the Broncos have done anything maybe Cradock should look in his own backyard.
Is being a complete f**kwit a prerequisite for signing on as a Courier Mail writer?

He could sign on for any organisation and still be an F wit.

ram raid

Bench
Can you bullet point it. Sounds interesting but it’s Gould.

I listened to it while I was dozing off so I'm a bit vague for a bullet point, but he also floated the benefits of going to 12 men a game, or even 11! Apparently Wok Ryan perceived 20 years that rugby league defences would become too strong in the future and that the game would have to reduce the amount of players to accommodate them. Or something like that. It was all very much in your field of interest, you should check it out.

T-Boon

Coach
I listened to it while I was dozing off so I'm a bit vague for a bullet point, but he also floated the benefits of going to 12 men a game, or even 11! Apparently Wok Ryan perceived 20 years that rugby league defences would become too strong in the future and that the game would have to reduce the amount of players to accommodate them. Or something like that. It was all very much in your field of interest, you should check it out.

Thanks, I will I guess I'll just suffer through the Gould aspect and consider it my punishment for me putting League unlimited contributors through so much of my BS.
Joey mentioned the other day during commentary of a Parra game that Wok Ryan was a big advocate for taking a player or two off the field. At the time Johns was raving about how entertaining the 12 v 12 game was I think it was Parra v Dogs.

T-Boon

Coach
The owners of NFL teams wouldn't be involved in this country for a start.There are more people in California than the whole of Australia.And Australia is as big geography wise as the USA.Plus we have this big sand pit, that covers a sh*t large area in the centre of our country.
Plus NFL clubs are privately owned, not backed mostly by Licensed clubs(who's charter is to propagate the game of rugby league.)
Plus there are two major pro football codes in this country ,and a 3rd the a league ,that is not the case in the USA.
So your analogy is way off the tarmac.

I agree with this.
If I was RL I would look at how American Football is run in Texas. Similar size to the east coast of Australia and also similar population. But between their high school, college and NFL level the crowd attendance is unbelievable. They are admittedly completely obsessed with football, second only to their bible study, whilst we are not.
In a comparison I would look at their two NFL teams as state of origin level and their college teams (they have about 16 good ones) as their NRL level.

taipan

Referee
I agree with this.
If I was RL I would look at how American Football is run in Texas. Similar size to the east coast of Australia and also similar population. But between their high school, college and NFL level the crowd attendance is unbelievable. They are admittedly completely obsessed with football, second only to their bible study, whilst we are not.
In a comparison I would look at their two NFL teams as state of origin level and their college teams (they have about 16 good ones) as their NRL level.

Mate they have zero competition from other codes.In Sydney for example at junior level soccer is huge, union played in private schools and rugby league the clubs and juniors.

You see we are not like Melbourne, where AFL is rammed down your throat from birth, the media creams themselves day after day, the discussion in the workplace is not about cyclones or disasters overseas, but whose going to win the flag.If you visit Melbourne and someone asks which team you support and you say (such and such NRL club),conversation just about ends.

T-Boon

Coach
Mate they have zero competition from other codes.In Sydney for example at junior level soccer is huge, union played in private schools and rugby league the clubs and juniors.

You see we are not like Melbourne, where AFL is rammed down your throat from birth, the media creams themselves day after day, the discussion in the workplace is not about cyclones or disasters overseas, but whose going to win the flag.If you visit Melbourne and someone asks which team you support and you say (such and such NRL club),conversation just about ends.

Texans/America in general are way more obsessed with American football than Melbournians are with AFL. Its because they kept working on the rules of the game until it was exactly how they like it and then they kept working on the rules.

Rugby League fans are way less passionate about RL because it didn't keep evolving away from Rugby Union. RL looks a lot like a game of Rugby Union and most sports fans loath union. We should have a rethink of the rules and the game will attract more passionate fans which will attract more lower level fans.

mongoose

Coach

I heard it, Gould has some good insight at times but it's littered with statements like "I said this 20 years ago", "this was my idea back in the 90s", "i knew this would happen 15 years ago" etc... he is more interested in people telling him he was right

ram raid

Bench

Even if you say youre from Sydney the conversation is probably over. At the very least it's about to take an awkward turn.

ram raid

Bench
I heard it, Gould has some good insight at times but it's littered with statements like "I said this 20 years ago", "this was my idea back in the 90s", "i knew this would happen 15 years ago" etc... he is more interested in people telling him he was right

Yes .. he also tends to talk in circles and redundancies.

taipan

Referee
Even if you say youre from Sydney the conversation is probably over. At the very least it's about to take an awkward turn.

It will be up to the likes of Greenberg advising the Commission as to his expansion/structure findings for 2023 and beyond, and for the Commission probably under the Chairmanship of V'landys to make the final decision.
Whatever decision they make ,could either grow the game or bring it to its knees in Sydney.

typicalfan

Coach
Gus does have agendas but he is very bad at hiding them and he is pro rugby league in general.

As if Foxtel don't say the same thing. I think its obvious that Brisbane 2 and Perth if done right would immediately add more value to the tv rights.

T-Boon

Coach
It shouldn’t be forgotten that Sydney just keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger too.

This isn’t a dying city.

The population is growing with people who aren't likely to ever be RL fans unless RL starts thinking more cleverly. Like Western Sydney's growth for the last probably 30 years has been from Asian countries. And it has never dawned on RL clubs to try to pitch the game to Asians.