What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Membership

Perth Red

Post Whore
Award for best value GA membership goes to Bulldogs at just $12 a game at ANZ followed by Knights at $13.75 a game. Special mention to Eels who at $18.18 a game also includes a child.The plebeian class raspberries go to Souths at $24.70 a home game and Storm at $20.90 a game.

If you want to sit in the velvet seats the best deals are at Sharks $31.81, Bulldogs at $33.33 and Panthers $35. The diamond encrusted golden raspberries go to Cowboys $67.50, Broncos $66.58 and Tigers $66.25 a game

Last edited:

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
You membership price reflects that though doesnt it? Having said that Souths are def at the top end of the membership price chart for low$

$1100 for a family of 4.
10 games but with other commitments & weather it’s likely to be less.
Usually only make it to about 6 or 7 sadly

Perth Red

Post Whore
$1100 for a family of 4.
10 games but with other commitments & weather it’s likely to be less.
Usually only make it to about 6 or 7 sadly

Melbournes flexi membership is a good idea so if you miss a week you can use the ticket another game to bring a friend. At least your getting use out of fit.

The same family seats at gate are going to cost you $140 a game so in effect you need to attend 8 games or more in a season to make it worthwhile. getting the flexi 5 which will cost you $492 as opposed to $700 at the gate so that would be the best deal for you. You could attend your 6 games for $632 plus get the membership guff, saving you $208.

Have Souths announced if there are any reciprocal games this year yet? They haven't updated their membership pages if they are having some

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
A quick summary of who got the crap fan zone games (thur & 6pm Fri)

Warriors 0
Tigers 2
Bulldogs 2
Knights 2
Rabbits 2
Broncos 2
Cowboys 2
Raiders 2
Manly 2
Storm 2
Roosters 3
Dragons 3
Titans 3
Eels 3
Panthers 3
Sharks 4

Wait did the warriors really get 0 6pm games? That surprises me. Also seems like the storm and knights don’t have that many which is also surprising. I thought those 3 clubs would get the most.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Wait did the warriors really get 0 6pm games? That surprises me. Also seems like the storm and knights don’t have that many which is also surprising. I thought those 3 clubs would get the most.

Knights got 1 in Rd4, Storm didnt get any Friday 6pm games.

re Warriors, sorry for the confusion, they actually have 5 games that KO 6pm AEST but they arent fan unfriendly in Auckland as they are 8pm KO's.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
Warriors having no 6pm friday games is laughable. It was spruiked by the NRL that when this shitbox time slot first came out that they would look to give a few of them to NZ as the time zone will work better over there.

Good to see they forgot their own BS....... sigh.

TheDalek079

Bench

6pm for the warriors in NZ would be 8 pm local time, so they wouldn't be getting shafted with a 6 pm game. It's mind boggling that the NRL hasn't taken advantage of the time difference to give them a few games in this slot

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sorry, mentioned above, they do have but as I was drawing up a list of fan unfriendly times for impact on memberships I excluded them as they KO at 8pm.

Ideally from a crowd impact perspective you'd have 10 out of 12 Warriors games in that slot and 3-4 on the road games in NZ lessening its impact on the Australian market.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Warriors having no 6pm friday games is laughable. It was spruiked by the NRL that when this shitbox time slot first came out that they would look to give a few of them to NZ as the time zone will work better over there.

Good to see they forgot their own BS....... sigh.
as per PR's correction, they absolutely do - the most of any club.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Still waiting for your concession on my previous post to you :thinking:

that’s because I’ve already given you my opinion. 30-40min travel to a stadium is normal for most fans. Living in the shire and getting to shark park is no different to me living in the northern suburbs and getting to a central ground like Optus. Sure penrith to shark park is a trek and no one is going to make it, but then Essendon to Optus is even further! If we are talking about access for the home club fans then surely the spread of Sydney stadia must make it easier for the majority of fans? If it doesn’t let’s move to a central stadium policy so they are all at least playing in decent surrounds.

Timmah

Staff member
that’s because I’ve already given you my opinion. 30-40min travel to a stadium is normal for most fans. Living in the shire and getting to shark park is no different to me living in the northern suburbs and getting to a central ground like Optus. Sure penrith to shark park is a trek and no one is going to make it, but then Essendon to Optus is even further! If we are talking about access for the home club fans then surely the spread of Sydney stadia must make it easier for the majority of fans? If it doesn’t let’s move to a central stadium policy so they are all at least playing in decent surrounds.
Essendon to Optus?

Wot?

Why are we discussing interstate trips in the context of fans attending matches in their own city

Perth Red

Post Whore
Essendon to Optus?

Wot?

Why are we discussing interstate trips in the context of fans attending matches in their own city

home fans, away fans. The argument out of sydney seems to be it’s harder for away fans to get to games in the city, which is true compared to Melbourne but compared to the other afl cities it isn’t. For majority of home fans surely having suburban stadia is easier or same to get to as central stadiums in big cities where you still travel 30-40mins to get to them?

Timmah

Staff member
home fans, away fans. The argument out of sydney seems to be it’s harder for away fans to get to games in the city, which is true compared to Melbourne but compared to the other afl cities it isn’t. For majority of home fans surely having suburban stadia is easier or same to get to as central stadiums in big cities where you still travel 30-40mins to get to them?
Travelling isn't just about travel time. It's access, it's parking or transport options - consider yeah, Brookie is convenient time-wise for northern beaches residents, but it's f**king hopeless for parking, only one form of public transport and so on.

Compare that to ANZ where there are 234095834593 parking spaces and trains to the door, for example.

Frailty

First Grade
Travelling isn't just about travel time. It's access, it's parking or transport options - consider yeah, Brookie is convenient time-wise for northern beaches residents, but it's f**king hopeless for parking, only one form of public transport and so on.

Compare that to ANZ where there are 234095834593 parking spaces and trains to the door, for example.

Pity about the lack of train network on the Northern Beaches.

The stadium debate is always interesting because the Melbourne central stadium policy works because they're close to pretty much all Melbourne club homebases, and the public transport network in Melbourne is more accessible.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Pity about the lack of train network on the Northern Beaches.

The stadium debate is always interesting because the Melbourne central stadium policy works because they're close to pretty much all Melbourne club homebases, and the public transport network in Melbourne is more accessible.

The close to fanbase thing is a bit of a myth in Melbourne as their fans are spread all over the city. EG Collingwood as an area only has a population of 21k people, the Collingwood football club membership is over 85k members! The way central stadiums do benefit is if you have a fanbase spread out across the city it allows easier access for all of them. It then also supports you growing a fanbase from across the whole city, not restricting it to one small geographical part of the city. So if you took allianz, anz or Bankwest, how much of Sydneys population could reach these stadiums by public transport within say a reasonable 45min journey?

Perth Red

Post Whore

Probably why their crowds and memberships are so dire? So do you stay as is with dire crowds or get radical and do something about it? Necessity is the mother of invention, until clubs really need to change they will keep chugging along as is.

Latest posts