What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Crowd Watch

yakstorm

First Grade
The preference would have been to have played a lower drawing team for the Cowboys opener, but the respective Governments which helped fund the stadium wanted a big game to launch the new venue. Naturally beggers can't be choosers, and a good portion of the crowd will just be MPs coming for photo opps / capitalising on a 'good news' story.

That said, one plus of the first game selling out so early is it appears to be having a positive effect on the next few Cowboys games. The Round 3 game against Parramatta should easily be sold out come Game Day, whilst even the two games after that (including Thursday night against the Storm) aren't looking bad either already.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Who cares? NRLs not expanding west. It’s irrelevant really.

Well they sort of are. Taking games there every year. Testing the waters. Seeing how crowds respond year in year out with a lot of different event types.

Most regions without a team would be thankful for the quantity of games coming there way.

sempmrh

Juniors
Expecting people in Perth to keep turning up for teams that aren't their own is a big ask - especially when the teams travelling over change over the years. How can you form an emotional attachment and in turn keep attending games when it's not your team? Let the Pirates in already.

When I was over for the Perth double header I was also able to attend a Perth Wildcats game as a neutral. I was blown away by how crazy they were for their team - I saw the kind of 'tribalism' Sydney people like to talk about when it comes to rugby league. Promoted properly they can have the same for an NRL team.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well they sort of are. Taking games there every year. Testing the waters. Seeing how crowds respond year in year out with a lot of different event types.

Most regions without a team would be thankful for the quantity of games coming there way.

don’t kid yourself, they bring games here because it makes the nrl and/or clubs a packet of money, it’s the only reason. If some other place bid more than the WA govt there would be no games here.

T-Boon

Coach
I think it’s like any club. Losing is poison for crowd numbers

Yes. I am hoping the Titans will benefit most from Cameron Smiths eventual retirement. I hate that the Storm are the second (maybe even first) South Queensland team. It has allowed them to be lazy in Melbourne and it has held Titans back. I would even consider kicking them out over it.

Latest posts