What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona Virus and NRL Games

Crush

Coach
I reckon Coronavirus will save Mcgregor's coaching career. Our first 10 rounds are brutal and we have some key injuries. If the comp starts as normal McGregor is gone by round 8.
BUT when the comp is stopped tomorrow or the next day it wont start again for a couple of months.
After round 10 our draw is easier, we play dogs and titans twice each. McInnnes, K Sims will be back.
Mary is saved for the coronavirus!

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
The freight costs must be horrendous.

25923172-8108123-image-a-4_1584091111322.jpg

BLM01

First Grade
Actually it's stupid to suggest it's an overreaction. People really have no clue the rate of spread and what it will look like in 3 weeks if precautions such as these aren't taken now.
Sport and travel cancellations are not going to affect the world in any tangible way. If each cancellation saves even 1 life it's worth it.

Last edited:

avocado

Juniors
ABC Grandstand suggesting all games may be played at Townsville because the tropics appear immune to beer virus.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Games going to Townsville would bring in people from all over. Can't see that happening.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
No need mate. Your previous response about the coronavirus was stupid enough.

Were the previous responses related to the fact that COVID-19’s morality rate isn’t substantially worse than other comparable viruses, or that one shouldn’t kowtow to mass, knee jerk overreactions?

My apothecary wants to know.

giboz71

First Grade
NZ now requires all travellers to anywhere to self isolate for 14 days when they get back home.

Can’t see how the NRL and Super Rugby can continue given both comps have NZ teams playing games overseas?

The Kiwi cricketers have already cancelled their Aust tour to make it back home before the ruling takes place midnight tomorrow.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
NZ now requires all travellers to anywhere to self isolate for 14 days when they get back home.

Can’t see how the NRL and Super Rugby can continue given both comps have NZ teams playing games overseas?

The Kiwi cricketers have already cancelled their Aust tour to make it back home before the ruling takes place midnight tomorrow.

I’d say the simple fact that NZ have a team in the comp will force the nrl to cancel the season.

Hope l’m wrong.

Last edited:

Brutalitops

Juniors
Were the previous responses related to the fact that COVID-19’s morality rate isn’t substantially worse than other comparable viruses, or that one shouldn’t kowtow to mass, knee jerk overreactions?

You have no idea what you're talking about mate
What’s a “morality rate”?

He has no idea what the mortality rate actually is in practice, nor does he know that death is not the only way to quantify a disease and it's severity.