What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Bulldogs @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 7: Bulldogs v Wests Tigers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The unknown

Juniors
We keep giving away cheap ball, definitely doesn’t feel like we should be up 16-6 but it’s a good sign when we can play a lot better

I don't mind too much making mistakes while having a crack in attack. It's the one's down our own end that are a killer. Grant, Luciano, and Nofo have been our best IMO.

We need to go on with this now and not invite them back into the game after the half. We must come out of the sheds full throttle.

It's a worry that our best player by far this year is a rookie who most likely won't be here next year. Our second best player (in attack anyway) is a midget winger we couldn't shop to other teams last year. Luciano has played well above my expectations this year and has an error in him but really has a dig.

Based on the teams below us I think we'll come somewhere 9 to 12. Next year I think we're in for a world of hurt.

Tigerm

First Grade
Is Talau here as a winger?
I know it’s early in his career, but he just doesn’t seem up to it.
But we got into the grind well And deserve our lead, though the dogs are pretty ordinary in most parts of the game.

Great try to start the second half though:smiley::smiley::smiley:

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
AD is great for us but he needs more confidence with the ball. I swear every time he catches a pass he takes a second to decide what he wants to do, then executes. It slows the attack down significantly, but I reckon with more game time at fullback he will form quicker combinations

Pezz70

Juniors
But we got into the grind well And deserve our lead, though the dogs are pretty ordinary in most parts of the game.

I think Talau has had a good game for a
Young fella. The knock on he got
Pulled up for was a knock back and was quite good in defence. Both wingers have been quite good. Can’t complain tonight, it’s one we should win, and not a great gauge cause the Bulldogs are terrible. Leilua’s both been excellent

Pezz70

Juniors
Completion rate over 80 after being around 70 at half time. That’s good. Hope they can keep stringing this sort of play together.

Tigerm

First Grade
I think Talau has had a good game for a
Young fella. The knock on he got
Pulled up for was a knock back and was quite good in defence. Both wingers have been quite good. Can’t complain tonight, it’s one we should win, and not a great gauge cause the Bulldogs are terrible. Leilua’s both been excellent
Agree, he had a good second half.
Grant, was sensational.
McIntyre & Clark I think have been good & will be handy for us.
But next week is the biggy.

The unknown

Juniors
The way we play we basically need to rely on a heavy load of possession and high completion rate. Although the dogs were garbage it was still easily our most complete performance.

Finally the BJ and Nofo combination is turning out how i thought it’d be

McIntyre is a sensation, he’s easily better than Seyfarth

Grant was once again enormous aswell

Vic Mackey

Referee

I believe the only time he has ever played wing is these last 3 games of first grade

still a million times better then Jennings

Pezz70

Juniors
Agree, he had a good second half.
Grant, was sensational.
McIntyre & Clark I think have been good & will be handy for us.
But next week is the biggy.
100% if we can knock over the panthers it could really kickstart something. Could go a long way to me changing my pessimistic outlook. I like
The look of McIntyre boy has a bit of Mongrel in him. Our first contact tonight was great. There was some real good hits that actually stuck.

Phil Gould

Juniors
Next week will be a good test to see if they can hold it together. Good to see Harry get a try. I had a $40 bonus bet on him because I thought he’s due.

What’s it going to take to get Smith to sign for another year? Not being sent off or penalized too much, for a start, then a good enough finish, for Melbourne, but bad enough that he wants to roll the dice one more time? I think if he loses too much more hair he won’t want to be in the big screen either.

Fordy20

Juniors
Next week will be a good test to see if they can hold it together. Good to see Harry get a try. I had a $40 bonus bet on him because I thought he’s due.

What’s it going to take to get Smith to sign for another year? Not being sent off or penalized too much, for a start, then a good enough finish, for Melbourne, but bad enough that he wants to roll the dice one more time? I think if he loses too much more hair he won’t want to be in the big screen either.

Hopefully Bellamy and Smith want go out together and retire at the end of next season

Pezz70

Juniors
He d
I believe the only time he has ever played wing is these last 3 games of first grade

still a million times better then Jennings
He was swapping with Moses Mbye intermittently during the game. Towards the end Mbye was full back and right centre (he started at left) did anybody see why. Douehi ended up in the wing.

Tigerm

First Grade
He d

He was swapping with Moses Mbye intermittently during the game. Towards the end Mbye was full back and right centre (he started at left) did anybody see why. Douehi ended up in the wing.
I think they said in commentary that he got hurt and moved out to wing?