What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Fifita is a Titan

Showtime

Juniors
The Titans are spending a quarter of their cap on fifita and tino, they aren't even spine players..

At least it'll keep Keegan Shitgrave out of first grade.

If the zero tackle website is accurate, Taylor, Peats, Proctor, Cartwright and Peachey should all be off the books by the end of 2021 so they’ll have money but personally I don’t think Fifita is going to attract players like they think. Good luck to Fifita though, hopefully he uses his money a little wiser than Taylor.

2 weeks

Coach
images

Eelectrica

Referee
Doesn't Tallis work for the Titans?
Not that I'm aware. Mal Meninga does though and I believe he led the charge for signing Fifita.
Holbrook on NRL 360 a couple of weeks ago didn't seem that convinced that spurging that much of the cap was a great idea. He went with it, but didn't seem convincing.

Eelectrica

Referee
The Titans are spending a quarter of their cap on fifita and tino, they aren't even spine players..

At least it'll keep Keegan Shitgrave out of first grade.
At least until Fifita cops an injury or suspension and is out for a few weeks. Actually they might not be able to afford Hipgrave now, so might be reduced to calling in fans wearing a jersey to filll in when injury strikes.

_Johnsy

Referee
It was a no brainer for Fifita. He gets to leave that shit show, trades life in Brissy for the GC & earn a bucketload more. Good luck to him.

Add to that Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, Herman Ese Ese, they have the makings of a decent forward pack.

Last edited:

davi

Juniors
If the zero tackle website is accurate, Taylor, Peats, Proctor, Cartwright and Peachey should all be off the books by the end of 2021 so they’ll have money but personally I don’t think Fifita is going to attract players like they think. Good luck to Fifita though, hopefully he uses his money a little wiser than Taylor.

I'm pretty sure Proctor and Peats are coming off contract this year. Titans haven't ruled out keeping Proctor, but Proctor was entertaining the idea of going to English Superleague last time I read. So was Peats but he won't have a choice as the Titans won't be resigning him.

Cartwright, Peachy, and Taylor will be coming off contract at the end of 2021. Funny enough Taylor is the only one I could see staying around. Peachy and Cartwright are saying the right things about being happy there but if they could get the same coin at a Sydney club they would take it. Taylor will have to improve his performances or take less money to remain. Titans are persevering with him because they have to- there is just too much of the cap tied up with him to look around for another half.

Incorrect

Coach
I love the signing but is a non-spine player really worth this much? I think Teddy, Smith, Slater, Thurston are the only kinds of players worth this amount of money.
Hear what you're saying, but unfortunately this is the position the Titans find themselves, seemingly for the umpteenth time... They've tried throwing overs at Hayne, Taylor, DCE, (only for him renege as we know) ... There's no marquee spine players on the market for 2021. They need to hope that history is not going to repeat and that this time the dice will roll in their favour. I hope it works out.

MKCS

Juniors
Just heard on Fox League that Fifita signed on for 1.25 million a year which makes him one of the highest paid (If not the highest?) in league.

With Wallace, Boyd, Peachey, Fifita, James (If he stays, apparently he's leaving), Tino and Ese Ese they'll have a good forward pack for next year but I can't help that think this money could've gone to someone to improve that spine even if they're not a "star".

Can have the best forward pack in the world but the Titans would still have to have one of the worst spines in the comp and the back line isn't great either...

aqua_duck

Coach
Just heard on Fox League that Fifita signed on for 1.25 million a year which makes him one of the highest paid (If not the highest?) in league.

With Wallace, Boyd, Peachey, Fifita, James (If he stays, apparently he's leaving), Tino and Ese Ese they'll have a good forward pack for next year but I can't help that think this money could've gone to someone to improve that spine even if they're not a "star".

Can have the best forward pack in the world but the Titans would still have to have one of the worst spines in the comp and the back line isn't great either...
James is off to the raiders apparently but you forgot their best forward in Fotuaika. With Fifita, Fotuaika, Faasuamalaui and Ese'ese leading that pack the others won't need to do as much, and I've actually been impressed with Lisone, Jolliffe and Fermor in recent weeks.

Johns Magic

Referee
Fotuaika is a great young prop at the Titans as well but I haven’t heard people mentioning his name.

Titans and Broncos both have to wait another year to offload a bunch of overpaid guys. If they plan well around that they can recover.

Dingo_dan

Juniors
I'm happy for the Titans landing their man, but jeez I'm worried.

In 2017 Angus Chricton and Coen Hess stormed onto the scene. Neither player could be tackled. They'd broke open games at will. The world was at their feet. I was sure they'd be the new Cordner and Gillett, gun back rowers for either state that would combine for Australia the next 5-10 years.

Neither have kicked on. Hess has regressed badly. Chricton had a big form dip and while he has rebounded somewhat he is still a far way off the player he promised to be. My worry is that at this point in his career, Fifita hasn't shown anything that Hess and Chricton didn't show in 2017.

BadnMean

Juniors
I'm happy for the Titans landing their man, but jeez I'm worried.

In 2017 Angus Chricton and Coen Hess stormed onto the scene. Neither player could be tackled. They'd broke open games at will. The world was at their feet. I was sure they'd be the new Cordner and Gillett, gun back rowers for either state that would combine for Australia the next 5-10 years.

Neither have kicked on. Hess has regressed badly. Chricton had a big form dip and while he has rebounded somewhat he is still a far way off the player he promised to be. My worry is that at this point in his career, Fifita hasn't shown anything that Hess and Chricton didn't show in 2017.

There are about 48 other once highly talented players who went to the GC on huge dollars & completely tanked their career you could have added to your post...

Vee

First Grade
I really hope it works out for the Titans. I think they've got bigger holes to fill though. I want the Titans to be a successful club and bury the AFL on the GC.
Suns can turn into a black hole so far as I'm concerned.
Talking to a AFL mate about this as the suns are finally on the rise. Apparently, they got picks 1&2 in what turned out to be a bumper draft year. He reckons they're set for the next few years.

Latest posts