What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team V Eels

carinashark

First Grade
They Moylan defence= a few hard tackles and he will throw the ball all over the place. I’m worried if he plays . Trindall is my pick, SJ managing. Or Tracy with SJ.

Card Shark

Immortal
Parra have been shit lately tbh

They have, they have only just been doing enough to win...like us, to be fair!

The difference is, we have been cut to ribbons by lesser teams & slaughtered by Penrith, who are on par with the Eels in attack.

If we don’t hold the ball to starve them of possession & stiffen up our defence big time, it’ll be A carve up like Penrith.

txta2

Bench
Love the Nikora decision. If the kid wasn't fit then give him time to recover. If he was dropped, it's a good call. Has been an underperformer this season whilst Talakai has been a weapon.

Interesting naming Moylan. Must be confident he can play.
I disagree about Nikora. He hasn't been bad enough to drop, not anywhere near it. He hits hard in tackles and always wants the ball and does a lot of work when other players should be doing it.

He has turned into the Chad Townsend of our second row

Comparison is pretty accurate actually.

Both play like their spot in the team is set in stone and cruise in games.

Only difference is Nikora is still young and can become a great player but needs a shake up to know he needs to produce more in games if he wants to keep his spot.

I like what Bomber has done with him this week.

It shows him that he is watching not only his individual performance but everyone’s in the team and winning doesn’t guarantee your spot in the team.

Puts everyone on notice.

Craigshark

First Grade
I disagree about Nikora. He hasn't been bad enough to drop, not anywhere near it. He hits hard in tackles and always wants the ball and does a lot of work when other players should be doing it.

disagree. Falls of tackles, continually makes bad reads (see Manly game and whoever we played the week after for a couple of obvious ones) and when he does take that second or third hit up coming out of our end off a set restart he usually gets bashed and put on his back. He has it in him, we saw it last year but he needs to stop cruising, put on some extra size and not just rely on the Johnson short ball.

Ads

First Grade
Graham, who I believe is having a shocker of a season averages 80. Lacking involvement from those two because of the middle forwards or are they not putting in enough?

ghoti

Bench
Graham, who I believe is having a shocker of a season averages 80. Lacking involvement from those two because of the middle forwards or are they not putting in enough?

The second row position isn't really a metre eating one as much any more imo, seeing it more and more as a hole runner / inside centre position.. Graham is a different mould especially.

(Not defending Nikora or Graham who are both having average seasons thus far but I think you want those numbers for your middle forwards and not so fussed about supercoach style stats for back rowers any more!

My comments on Nikora are not based on metres gained.

I’ve never seen him as a big metre eater.

But more for what he’s being offering in defence and overall enthusiasm during the game.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
The second row position isn't really a metre eating one as much any more imo, seeing it more and more as a hole runner / inside centre position.. Graham is a different mould especially.

(Not defending Nikora or Graham who are both having average seasons thus far but I think you want those numbers for your middle forwards and not so fussed about supercoach style stats for back rowers any more!

Been said before. Graham and Nikora don't fit the 2020 prototype. Teams are basically playing 4 centres as you allude to. 2 fast ones and 2 big ones (who may be fast). What the Sharks lack is the 5th spine position. Need another distributor. I still reckon Graham should be lock these days.

Big Bloke

Juniors
Christ mate what games are you watching. Nikora has been shit this year especially the last couple of weeks.