What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We’ve all been conned.

T-Boon

Coach
Again for everyone saying sack the coach say who do we replace them with and why are they better.

I'm open to suggestions but make an argument or it's pointless. Is there anyone who could do better with the current SIGNED squad.

Do what it takes to get Bellamy or Robinson. Surely the Eels want both of them more than their current clubs do since we must be more desperate to win.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Bellamy as head coach. C.Smith as assistant. After Bellamy wins us 3 premierships we can transition to C.Smith as head coach who will win us another 15....whilst still playing.

TheRam

Coach
My prediction?

Shane Flanagan will eventually become our coach and Kyle Flanagan will be our 7 and partner Brown at the scrum base. Moses will be shown the door.

If S. Flanagan becomes our coach, then yes K. Flanagan is likely. If not doubtful.

TheRam

Coach
Most of the wrist slitters were still saying that we were only a 9 because of COVID and an easy draw.

So to use your analogy, the team was pancaked up to the eyeballs and wearing figure improving underwear.

I suppose that looks like a 9 to those that are drunk on optimism.

And when she removed that pancake makeup she was Pou.

hindy111

Post Whore
People seem to get confused when fans say need a new coach. It isnt to say BA has not been good. And it isnt to suggest the new coach will be better.
The thing is he has had his chance and 7yrs is a long time. Been a good coach but not great. Time to see if someone else can do better. Its a risk as we may go backwards but BA has shown what he is able to do. I am unsure if a premiership is that.
Also not against having better staff around him. Wasn't that O'Neil job after we got the spoon? To over see BA and surround him with better staff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
People seem to get confused when fans say need a new coach. It isnt to say BA has not been good. And it isnt to suggest the new coach will be better.
The thing is he has had his chance and 7yrs is a long time. Been a good coach but not great. Time to see if someone else can do better. Its a risk as we may go backwards but BA has shown what he is able to do. I am unsure if a premiership is that.
Also not against having better staff around him. Wasn't that O'Neil job after we got the spoon? To over see BA and surround him with better staff
The Roosters won a premiership in Robinson's first year and then three years later only won 6 games (the same number we won in 2018). They persisted with him and won two premierships in the following three years.

I reckon the choice of head coach is such a small part of the picture. It is all about resources available to be thrown at the footy team.

hindy111

Post Whore
The Roosters won a premiership in Robinson's first year and then three years later only won 6 games (the same number we won in 2018). They persisted with him and won two premierships in the following three years.

I reckon the choice of head coach is such a small part of the picture. It is all about resources available to be thrown at the footy team.

Hmmm some of BA problem is loyalty imo.
He isn't ruthless enough. Roosters cut guys as soon as form dips. They seem smarter in recruiting also.
I feel MJ for two more seasons mind blowing. I'm also worried about our junior system not producing a quality back for years. I get bagged for this but Penrith churn them out like a production line. They aren't the only club that doss it either.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hmmm some of BA problem is loyalty imo.
He isn't ruthless enough. Roosters cut guys as soon as form dips. They seem smarter in recruiting also.
I feel MJ for two more seasons mind blowing. I'm also worried about our junior system not producing a quality back for years. I get bagged for this but Penrith churn them out like a production line. They aren't the only club that doss it either.
Arthur doesn't run the club any more than Robinson runs his.

IFR33K

Coach

The year the roosters won only 6 games, was that the year Pearce wanted to molest a dog and got suspended for a considerable amount of time?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The year the roosters won only 6 games, was that the year Pearce wanted to molest a dog and got suspended for a considerable amount of time?
Yep, JWH missed a lot of the year and quite a few others. They blew the Roster up and the rest is history. Plus Robinson was a GF winning coach while Bea Arthur is a middle of the road plodder at best.

Chipmunk

Coach

If we didn't have Gutherson, Junior or RCG for the first 8-10 weeks of a seasons where do you reckon we would finish on the ladder come seasons end?

There was an obvious reason why the Roosters only won 6 games that season.

Latest posts