What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qualifying final 2020: Parra v Storm GAME DAY thread (3/10/20)

Avenger

Immortal
Queen Gutho showed how much of a cat the merkin is lol, Moses was terrible as usual
Moses moved out of the apartment he shared with Luke Brooks because apparently he was once again unbearable when he missed the semis and wouldn’t allow Moses to watch any of the other semis on their new OLED 8K TV. That’s how bad the pain is for him. All he does is scream, Why, Why why? Moses being the good guy he is immediately reminds him that he still has a 5 year deal and is not on job keeper like Benji Marshall.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think the game was like the Sharks effort. Took it to them but once opposition warmed up it was all over.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Actually thought our attack was pretty good. The reshuffle caused by injuries cruelled our chances of winning and I can't understand why Will Smith didn't get put on wing rather than Davey to centre. Or why not Matterson to centre, Davey to replace him and Blake to wing?

I agree - Davey to centre was a weird decision.

We would have been better off with Matterson to centre, Davey to second row, and Lane in the middle, imo.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Had the storm executed their plays better this could have been a 60 point scoreline.

Why didn't they execute their plays better? They're certainly talented, and well-coached, so why didn't they? Could it be that our defence put them under pressure, and they made some poor decisions?

I don't think enough credit is being given to our defence - we had a second-rower, with less than 20 games under his belt, defending at centre, for crying out loud.

I'm no fan of the 2020 versions of Sivo, and Ferguson, but if people think that not having Sivo didn't hurt us, they're crazy - we had to put a centre on the wing, a second-rower into centre, and shuffle our pack around.

Then Davey got concussed, and we had to shuffle the team around again.

Then we lost Ferguson - another reshuffle.

We faced a lot of adversity last night, and were even torn apart at times - but we only lost by 12, with 40% possession.

Bring on next week.

Avenger

Immortal
Addo Carr all class comforting Fergo when he was on the ground injured. Does that mean we have signed him for 2021? Why would he go to the Tigers?

TheRam

Coach
I’d be tapping Fergo on the shoulder and letting him go if he could possibly find a new club. I’d go after Addo Carr and we would be transformed as a team. Offer the Storm Fergo or Sivo as compensation.

Mate this is exactly what I was thinking while watching the game last night.

We definitely need that type of explosive speed. We just don't have it. If we did offer them one of our wingers I think it could happen. I mean that is the sticking point for the Storm at the moment. They want a decent replacement. Ado Carr would probably prefer to come to Parra being a stronger club then the Tigers too.

It is a very doable transaction if the desire was there. I hope the powers that be at Parra had that light bulb moment while watching the game unfold yesterday too.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Addo Carr all class comforting Fergo when he was on the ground injured. Does that mean we have signed him for 2021? Why would he go to the Tigers?

I hate the guy - great player, but a grub.

How many times did he tackle Gutherson last night, then drop a forearm into Gutherson's face?

He belongs at the Scum.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I would be very, very surprised if we signed Addo-Carr - he wants to play fullback, and the Tigers are more desperate for someone like him than we are, and will pay him more money than we will.

TheRam

Coach
I thought the biggest issue was our attack?
I must have been reading a different forum for the last 8 weeks.

Well the actual problem is when we focus on our defense our attack goes to plop and when we focus on our attack our defense goes to plop.

Verdict?

Our coaching sucks.

yy_cheng

Coach
Rcg is very good but if he learnt to offload in the offseazon, he would be outstanding

Will give us more options

forward pass

Coach
Mate nobody has questioned BA more than me but tonight’s loss was not his fault. Losing our winger killed us and on the poor bastard’s birthday too. The key is to win next week and if we do just getting to the preliminary is a huge effort from all including Arthur. And if we make the GF I’ll be ecstatic to put $500 on the bar so I can buy most of you at least one drink.

Crunch time will be mid next year for BA not now. He has done enough in 2020 and may need some reinforcements particularly with a change of assistant coaches.

I’ve been saying BA needs better people around him. Our ‘defence’ coach Kidwell has now had 20 weeks to sort out our defence out wide and failed to make a single improvement. Fergo let JAC run past him 3 times in the first 15 minutes. It’s absolutely appalling defence - from a guy who has been around for a long long time. Zero trust, zero communication. Kidwell would be the first guy I’d sack.

emjaycee

Coach
Damn. Poor fella is going to miss the grand final.
Nah. He'll be back for it if he pleads guilty.

Parramatta forward Marata Niukore will need to secure a not guilty verdict at the judiciary to avoid a two-match ban.
A grade one crusher tackle charge coupled with a previous similar offence in the last two years pushes his suspension for an early guilty plea to two games.
If the Eels enter an early guilty plea, they would have to make the grand final for Niukore to be able to play again in 2020.
Source: nrl.com

Avenger

Immortal
I’ve been saying BA needs better people around him. Our ‘defence’ coach Kidwell has now had 20 weeks to sort out our defence out wide and failed to make a single improvement. Fergo let JAC run past him 3 times in the first 15 minutes. It’s absolutely appalling defence - from a guy who has been around for a long long time. Zero trust, zero communication. Kidwell would be the first guy I’d sack.
If there isn’t a change with the assistant coaches our club is in serious denial.

Avenger

Immortal
Also - the Storm are geniuses at this 6 again caper. They concede it on the first tackle almost every set, so the ref is usually loathe to give another one same set. It is brilliant coaching. Meanwhile, we concede ours 3rd or 4th tackle. It was so blatant.
Is there an organisation more professionally run than the Storm? Is there a better coach ? I hate the mother f**kers but their model delivers continuous success. Yes they cheated a while back but so did we.

Latest posts