What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wk2 Finals: Parra v Souths GAME DAY thread (10/10/20)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If moved on id rather Salmon or W.Smith. and then have 700k to spend on some better players elsewhere.
Matterson is strong but more a lock. He is not potent enough for mine.

Haven't had good line breaking 2md rowers since Kem Edwards and Manu Mau
Matterson would be fine if he had a half capable of putting in him a whole, the worst thing is he is a quality line runner he showed that at the Tigers and Roosters what he is capable of. If he was at the Storm he’d be playing origin this year.

hindy111

Post Whore
We lack game management.

Dylan Brown is two weeks off returning from injury, and 20 years old, and he did fine.

But Moses...that missed penalty killed the game for us.

We had all the momentum, and we could have tied the game up (and likely taken the wind out of Souths' sails, at the same time) - but he misses a sitter.

He kicked conversions from the sideline, though, which is weird.

But the biggest issue is that Mitchell Moses can't manage a game.

We had some possessions 20m out, where Moses' last tackle options were quite poor, and led to nothing.

We had Waqa Blake, Brad Takairangi, and (to a lesser extent) Haze Dunster out there tonight, and we didn't opt to use a bomb to the corner when we were 20m out.

Moses has all the talent in the world, but his temperament needs a lot of work.

I would seriously consider switching Moses and Brown's positions next year, and allowing Brown to run the team, and let Moses play ad lib, eyes up footy - he's proven he isn't capable of running a side.

We also desperately need another bench prop.

He missed from infront basicaly. Funny thing is I had this bad feeling he would.
Some guys are just born winners and leaders. Moses is a great player but not a leader or game manager. He will have better seasons then 2020 but I doubt he will have 3 or 4 in a row. I just dont think he has it.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I'm not advocating to get Riley Jacks, but he can defend (better than Moses) and he can kick a ball, which is all Moses has done in any Finals match he has played in.

What I'm saying is he could've done everything positive that Moses did tonight, for 1/4 the price.

So what are we paying for?

I criticise Moses, but his game / skill set is shit load better then Jacks that’s what we are paying for .....

Happy MEel

First Grade
We lack game management.

Dylan Brown is two weeks off returning from injury, and 20 years old, and he did fine.

But Moses...that missed penalty killed the game for us.

We had all the momentum, and we could have tied the game up (and likely taken the wind out of Souths' sails, at the same time) - but he misses a sitter.

He kicked conversions from the sideline, though, which is weird.

But the biggest issue is that Mitchell Moses can't manage a game.

We had some possessions 20m out, where Moses' last tackle options were quite poor, and led to nothing.

We had Waqa Blake, Brad Takairangi, and (to a lesser extent) Haze Dunster out there tonight, and we didn't opt to use a bomb to the corner when we were 20m out.

Moses has all the talent in the world, but his temperament needs a lot of work.

I would seriously consider switching Moses and Brown's positions next year, and allowing Brown to run the team, and let Moses play ad lib, eyes up footy - he's proven he isn't capable of running a side.

We also desperately need another bench prop.
Sorry mate but Drown was horrible tonight, and hasn’t offered much in the way of game management or playmaking all year. He’s a strong runner of the ball and a strong defender. He’s not a half IMO.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He missed from infront basicaly. Funny thing is I had this bad feeling he would.
Some guys are just born winners and leaders. Moses is a great player but not a leader or game manager. He will have better seasons then 2020 but I doubt he will have 3 or 4 in a row. I just dont think he has it.

I don't think he's a winner.

He throws his toys out of the cot when things get tough - look at him leaving the post-game huddle for proof of this.

Arthur needs to say to Moses that this isn't his side any more; either that, or Moses spends the entire off-season training on his last tackle options.

Because, let's be honest - Moses' last tackle options have been shit for a while, now...

Chipmunk

Coach
I criticise Moses, but his game / skill set is shit load better then Jacks that’s what we are paying for .....

But what I'm saying is we're not getting anything when it matters. He's gone MIA when it matters. If someone is going to go MIA when it matters, then we can just run anyone on minimum wage out there. We will come up with the same result.

Downhill skiers all look awesome when it doesn't matter.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Sorry mate but Drown was horrible tonight, and hasn’t offered much in the way of game management or playmaking all year. He’s a strong runner of the ball and a strong defender. He’s not a half IMO.

Fair points.

But quite a few times tonight, I saw Brown call for the ball, and the ball went to Moses; I think that team thinks that it's Moses' team, and Brown should take a back seat.

Brown was still a better half than Moses tonight.

EelsFan05

Bench
There was plenty wrong with that second half. More than I can type half cut. But when we are up 18-8 after half time and the tide is turning, why don't we kick to the sidelines and slow play down? We keep the ball in play every set and get steam rolled at the back end....

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
But what I'm saying is we're not getting anything when it matters. He's gone MIA when it matters. If someone is going to go MIA when it matters, then we can just run anyone on minimum wage out there. We will come up with the same result.

no we won’t, without Moses and with Jack we don’t finish 3rd.....he makes a a shitter side.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Fk me, he’s lucky to be on the paddock. I don’t think some of you understand that these blokes aren’t at 100% every weekend. (not aimed directly at you Happy).

Happy MEel

First Grade
Fair points.

But quite a few times tonight, I saw Brown call for the ball, and the ball went to Moses; I think that team thinks that it's Moses' team, and Brown should take a back seat.

Brown was still a better half than Moses tonight.
Possibly but Paulo once again showed that he’s our best attacking half. Whether that’s because he’s a superstar, our halves are Shit or a bit of both is a good question.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
His biggest problem he doesn’t know when to run and when to pass. He’s just 20 but after 2 years you’d think he’s start to improve in that department and once again I have to ask is he getting the quality coaching he needs. At a Melbourne or Roosters his game would be miles ahead of where he is now. Mahoney also I doubt is getting the very best coaching that can take his game to the next level.

And had Schneider really gone??? We have one dummy half at the club and we can’t even lock up the next best young player coming through.

Chipmunk

Coach
no we won’t, without Moses and with Jack we don’t finish 3rd.....he makes a a shitter side.

I'm not saying to swap him for Riley Jacks. I'm saying all we got tonight from Moses was a level that Riley Jacks could've provided anyway (piss poor), which isn't good enough, because he's getting at least 4 to 6 times more than Jacks.

Latest posts