What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Kilkenny

Coach
There's a bit of the chicken and the egg about this.

I think Mitchell Pearce at his best was a great competitor, great defender, good kicking game and while he didn’t dominate at SOO level he was part of a team that was just inferior to a great Qld sides or sides over a 10 year period.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Cleary got a buffiting from Press and fans after Origin 1 he then went on to be MoM(my opinion)in Origin 2. As a few folks have pointed out maybe we should have lost a game or 2 to get the best out of Nathan. I always did a better job of mowing the lawn after I got a rocket from Dad.

WestyLife

First Grade
Cleary got a buffiting from Press and fans after Origin 1 he then went on to be MoM(my opinion)in Origin 2. As a few folks have pointed out maybe we should have lost a game or 2 to get the best out of Nathan. I always did a better job of mowing the lawn after I got a rocket from Dad.

He was MOTM that's not opinion it's the official decision.

Andy_P

Juniors
I think Mitchell Pearce at his best was a great competitor, great defender, good kicking game and while he didn’t dominate at SOO level he was part of a team that was just inferior to a great Qld sides or sides over a 10 year period.
I reckon if Gus was coaching at least for some of that period he would have broken their run.

Kilkenny

Coach
Goes with the hype really. Any player that gets hyped is hated by neutral fans

I don’t hear the hate around Nathan Cleary with neutral fans.

From my circle of friends and acquaintances who are neutral fans they seem to believe he is the best number 7 for the Blues, if not in the game, and have a great respect for his overall qualities.

I agree he is not regarded or talked about in the same breath as Johns, Langer, Sterlo or any of the other greats from the past but currently despite what happened in the GF he seems to be regarded as the best number 7 in the game. Probably rightly so.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don’t hear the hate around Nathan Cleary with neutral fans.

From my circle of friends and acquaintances who are neutral fans they seem to believe he is the best number 7 for the Blues, if not in the game, and have a great respect for his overall qualities.

I agree he is not regarded or talked about in the same breath as Johns, Langer, Sterlo or any of the other greats from the past but currently despite what happened in the GF he seems to be regarded as the best number 7 in the game. Probably rightly so.

You need to step out of the bubble. Even head to the main page on here there is plenty of hate

Tronald Crump

Juniors
You need to step out of the bubble. Even head to the main page on here there is plenty of hate

Pfft. A bunch of jealous keyboard warriors. Wouldn’t say half that shit if you saw them in person.
Can't wait to dig the boot when he flops. An eerie silence when he stars.
Some of the comments I have read on Nathan the past month have been disgraceful.

franklin2323

Immortal
Pfft. A bunch of jealous keyboard warriors. Wouldn’t say half that shit if you saw them in person.
Can't wait to dig the boot when he flops. An eerie silence when he stars.
Some of the comments I have read on Nathan the past month have been disgraceful.

Well some would give it at the game. A few guys copped it the WT game for starters

Yeah but it goes with the territory. The fact people are that vested is why there is that much money in the game for them to get paid as well as they do

Kilkenny

Coach

I don’t know what bubble you are in, maybe your own I suspect, but he is a lot more highly regarded than you give him credit for by non panther supporters.

As i have said there is no one comparing him to previous immortals but i just don’t see any hate or talking him down.

Perhaps the best way i can put it is without exception from my non panther friends or acquaintances is they would all want him as there number 7 other than one who is a bunnies die hard and thinks Adam Reynolds is the number 1 half in the game.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don’t know what bubble you are in, maybe your own I suspect, but he is a lot more highly regarded than you give him credit for by non panther supporters.

As i have said there is no one comparing him to previous immortals but i just don’t see any hate or talking him down.

Perhaps the best way i can put it is without exception from my non panther friends or acquaintances is they would all want him as there number 7 other than one who is a bunnies die hard and thinks Adam Reynolds is the number 1 half in the game.

You said you don't read social media. Do you listen to talk back? Like how can get other people opinions?

A lot is possibly jealousy. A lot think the hype is unwarranted. Some would just be trolling but it is atleast 50/50 from what I have seen. It is a bad post followed by a good post. As was the case with Hayne back when he 1st came on

I have said previously I don't rate number 7's but Reynolds does tick a lot of boxes BUT needs a creative 6 with him. Kinda why he and Walker go well together so I can see why some would say that

Kilkenny

Coach
You said you don't read social media. Do you listen to talk back? Like how can get other people opinions?

A lot is possibly jealousy. A lot think the hype is unwarranted. Some would just be trolling but it is atleast 50/50 from what I have seen. It is a bad post followed by a good post. As was the case with Hayne back when he 1st came on

I have said previously I don't rate number 7's but Reynolds does tick a lot of boxes BUT needs a creative 6 with him. Kinda why he and Walker go well together so I can see why some would say that

Your right I am not involved in twitter or facebook etc I am simply saying from my immediate social circle tell me in person. Maybe there is another world out there that ‘bags’ Nathan Cleary, I don’t see why or how but maybe your right.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Well some would give it at the game. A few guys copped it the WT game for starters

Yeah but it goes with the territory. The fact people are that vested is why there is that much money in the game for them to get paid as well as they do

I have no problems with fair constructive criticism, but I expect those people to give credit when it is due.
I draw the line at abuse.

WestyLife

First Grade
Your right I am not involved in twitter or facebook etc I am simply saying from my immediate social circle tell me in person. Maybe there is another world out there that ‘bags’ Nathan Cleary, I don’t see why or how but maybe your right.

I assure you after the GF and origin game 1 Cleary was falling in public opinion pretty quickly. Outside dedicated Panther fan zones he was getting a reputation as a player who went missing in big games.

Game 2 he answered that criticism pretty decisively to his credit and a good game 3 kills it dead.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I disagree it 'doesn't go with the territory' and this 'right' to abuse as some see it is not the reason there is such money in the game.

Some folks choose to be abusive. Case in point the bloke with his son at Campbelltown that behaviour (by the bloke) in my opinion was disgraceful.

Just because you paid your money at the gate doesn't give you the right to be abusive or racial in your comments.

Latest posts