What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 V Newcastle

TruSaint

Referee
I've been buzzing since last weeks win when our kick was on fire, right up to last play.

That was a wow moment for me, then tonight we play with that relentlessness from go to whoa.

We are looking good my friend...

Me reading the comments tonite.. be like :)

Love it.

tenor.gif

Gareth67

First Grade
We used to call Kevin Ryan tough as teak.....and im not suggesting Rocky is as tough but I will say on todays performance any tougher and he would rust

He certainly has plenty of spirit in him and he is not going to allow any one to get the better of him . That certainly was a cheap shot , the elbow to the face and the ref gave the Dragons a penalty for it .

Good refereeing - I wonder what the dil would had done if Klemmer’s elbow had shattered Laurie’s cheekbone ?

Between the bunker and the refs the Dragons were shackled from the start , but according to FoxSport the Dragons only won the match in the “ in the final minutes “ , not too much mention of the fact that Pearce broke his collarbone by a dog act ( pardon the pun ) stiff-arm on Simms .

Anyway the boys were by far the better side and the confidence that they will take from this win will stand them in good stead for the future .

mickeylane

Bench
I don’t feel sorry for them at all mate.
But they were missing key guys before kickoff then lost their whole spine during the match. They had a very very unlucky day out.
Which is great for us!!
No my friend, they were bashed and beaten and man handled... ...Mann was run over by Ravalawa, Pearce was also run over by Sims and put out a lazy arm....Hoy was the only one that pulled a muscle running.. they were missing 3-4 players and we were missing 3 starters (Hunt, Bird, Mciness)...give kudos...we should have won by 20

Old Timer

Coach
Take aways from todays game
  1. Further improvement was evident again today and we still have a lot of improvement in us yet and we have the right coach to extract it.
  2. We look organised and far less prone to making mistakes by panicking
  3. We exhibited toughness and a real willingness to be in the contest from kick off to the final siren.
  4. JK & AM doing a great job playing their 80 minute stints
  5. Sims backed up from last weeks solid effort with a MOM performance today
  6. I am not sure if Newcastle are that good a side however they are physical and we bashed them good and proper
  7. We are taking on the persona of our coach i.e plain talking, straight shooting, no frills and highly effective with supposedly not a lot to work with.
  8. Their is belief in the coaching staff and new found belief in each other and as we trust each other more each week we will become a very formidable opponent to the very best of teams

kit66

Bench
I've just noticed the score was 22 - 13 but Lomax kicked 4 goals, what's going on did the bunker review a kick or something ?
While we're on the bunker that ball didn't go forward off Kerr in the lead up to our first try and also Klemmer knocked on when he hurt his knee but got to play on ?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
One last thing I will say is that punching above our weight performances like that start to a few unhappy players looking more and more willing for a mid season switch, and possibly for a fair price to maybe unders. You put yourself in the position of a late 20s, early 30s player who wants to play finals but plays for the Dogs, Broncs or Cows. They could start to really consider coming across now. This is what I had hoped, that Hook could just get us punching about our weight and completely change the stink of the whole place.

Crush

Coach
No my friend, they were bashed and beaten and man handled... ...Mann was run over by Ravalawa, Pearce was also run over by Sims and put out a lazy arm....Hoy was the only one that pulled a muscle running.. they were missing 3-4 players and we were missing 3 starters (Hunt, Bird, Mciness)...give kudos...we should have won by 20
It was a tough game, we played with real ticker, I am proud of them.
Take the 2 points and get out of there.
Knights will be proud of their mob too most likely, with 5 mins to go they were still in the game minus their whole spine.
Kudos.

Latest posts