What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs North Qld @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 5: Wests Tigers v North Qld

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger Ted

Bench
We’ve been shit but we’re not cowboys shit atleast

Of course a win is the main objective but a13+ is really needed here to instil the faith

Sunday, Leichhardt. Really no excuses
I certainly won’t b living in a fools paradise if we win 13+ like I was in mid July last yr after beating the broncos 48-0.Truth is we are pissweak & actually worse than last season.I for one overestimated our prospects for this season.Whatever this rabble did in the off-season was a total waste of time.

Huge game. Lose this and it’s season over (we aren’t beating Souths so 1-5 is season over). Win and we’ve got a decent shot at pulling ourselves back to 4-4 over the next 3 weeks. I don’t think we belong in the bottom bracket of teams but if we are dropping home games to teams like this I am probably mistaken.

Pezz70

Juniors
Huge game. Lose this and it’s season over (we aren’t beating Souths so 1-5 is season over). Win and we’ve got a decent shot at pulling ourselves back to 4-4 over the next 3 weeks. I don’t think we belong in the bottom bracket of teams but if we are dropping home games to teams like this I am probably mistaken.

Mbye had a go when he came in yesterday and he looked alright with ball in hand. I’d like to see early ball to the outside backs this week, stop hitting LL or LG every wide play, give a bit of early ball behind them, maybe to Laurie on the fly

Tiger05

First Grade
They had to do something about that left hand side. Our attack there has been poor. I'm not sure if Mbye is the answer. BJ was defensively poor so I get the decision.

The reserves are interesting. Simpkin, Simpkins, Seyfarth and BJ are all pushing for a spot.

I wonder if Jake Simpkin comes in for MCK. I can't see Liddle playing 80 quality minutes.

Tiger05

First Grade
Mbye had a go when he came in yesterday and he looked alright with ball in hand. I’d like to see early ball to the outside backs this week, stop hitting LL or LG every wide play, give a bit of early ball behind them, maybe to Laurie on the fly

Mbye always has a go. The problem is that he doesn't have a big impact. He is good defender and hopefully he helps the defense on that side.

Mbye can ball play a little in the centres as well. Against Parra Talau had a simple pass that he didn't make that would have had AJ in the clear.

I reckon Kepaoa is a little unlucky but hopefully Talau plays well.

Das Hassler

Bench
Mbye had to come in...there was zero first grade defensive capability on the left...now Mbye and Talau should be left there for the rest of the year or untill Mbye moves on ...whichever comes first. Joey and Kapaoa can figure it out in reserves.
To add...the cows at LO ...no better opportunity for them to build some confidence in their pairing

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
It looks a reasonable side, I wonder if they plan to play Liddle for the full 80?

WA Tiger

Bench
Kepa out this week...That’s a week too late and maybe the difference between a win and a loss against the eels..Why? Seriously..This is Madges signature since he arrived You almost have to score a try for the opposition before you get dropped.. How many other games have we lost and will lose coz of this torturous process of getting rid of crap players...Same with Talau to the wing..He scored try’s on the wing without fail hello..Mbye mmm he just won’t go away..give the young guys a chance please
The whole team seems to being coached and weekly selected by a shaking old man restricted in his chair in an aged care facility calling the shots over the phone

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
Disagree on Mbye...he's our safest bet at left centre right now...we just can't afford another rookie out there between LL and Talau...i think the attitude towards Mbye is a bit off balance at times. ..if he's given a shot at settling in at left centre and also trying to validate himself right now i think he'll do an ok job.

Kepa out this week...That’s a week too late and maybe the difference between a win and a loss against the eels..Why? Seriously..This is Madges signature since he arrived You almost have to score a try for the opposition before you get dropped.. How many other games have we lost and will lose coz of this torturous process of getting rid of crap players...Same with Talau to the wing..He scored try’s on the wing without fail hello..Mbye mmm he just won’t go away..give the young guys a chance please
The whole team seems to being coached and weekly selected by a shaking old man restricted in his chair in an aged care facility calling the shots over the phone

Lol, you’re hitting some early season form!

After some thought today, I’ve decided our “Assistant Madge” should be Siebold.

That will shake things up big time.

Last edited:
It looks a reasonable side, I wonder if they plan to play Liddle for the full 80?
He played the full game in Rd 1, hopefully he can. Assumption would be Mybe to dummy half if Liddle goes off and Chee-Kam to the centre, but it's never that straight forward.

The 18th man is going to be the interesting selection going forward.

Tigerm

First Grade
He played the full game in Rd 1, hopefully he can. Assumption would be Mybe to dummy half if Liddle goes off and Chee-Kam to the centre, but it's never that straight forward.

The 18th man is going to be the interesting selection going forward.
I think also, that Liddle is showing all the promise that many have spoke about.

I was on the “get rid of him” brigade but he going good.

WA Tiger

Bench
Disagree on Mbye...he's our safest bet at left centre right now...we just can't afford another rookie out there between LL and Talau...i think the attitude towards Mbye is a bit off balance at times. ..if he's given a shot at settling in at left centre and also trying to validate himself right now i think he'll do an ok job.
I did like Mbyes pick up and pass in one movement to Brooks for our first try...Maybe some “old head” there that helped..I was really surprised that was Mbye that did that. It showed a lot of calm in a very high pressure play. Maybe now he’s laid it bare to the media and without the pressure of captaincy and whatever else he can reset and show us what he’s got..