What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs North Qld @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville / Wulgurukaba

Who will win? Round 18: North Qld v Wests Tigers

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

axl rose

Bench
On a positive note, could have been stuck with Ciraldo for 5 years. Whats Benji deal, 2 years? Wont even see it out, will bugger off to union before then. Its every kiwis dream to coach the all blacks etc

Das Hassler

Bench
On a positive note, could have been stuck with Ciraldo for 5 years.

I was just thinking that exact same thing in those exact same words...we were slaughtered by a vengeful top 4 roster Cows side and Ciraldo and Gus by a Knights side who's supporters are/ were? howling for a cleanout.

Boys we are stuck with Tim for 1.5 seasons and Benji another 3 years after that.

4.5 years of this lagging in rugby league prison.

There was zero need to sign the coaching staff for 5 years.

No club banging on the door desperately seeking their services.

It was all matey on the handshake.

We got he spoon last season and coming dead last now.

I’d much prefer ciraldo or any other coach who has got a gig while Tim and Benji have been destroying the side.

We are beyond f**ked at the moment.

Last night the players pretty much proved Tim, Benji and Dave are on the outer. They ain’t interested in this program because they know it isn’t working. There’s no inspiration, they’ve lost belief. Lost belief.

Even Brooksy ( paid up member of Tim worship church) has cashed in and bolted.

The coaching staff have nothing, there’s no tactics, no strategy and inadequate replacements. Game plans no one can follow, fitness regime on the couch with a light instead of full strength beer.

Last edited:
I'd love to see an honest interview with Maguire and hear his opinion on exactly what is wrong with the joint. No holds barred

I agree.

I think he was finally getting a side together to play his style and we know he (quite rightly) didn’t trust Brooksy.

We also know he was in a perpetual struggle with officials, obviously struggling with Tim.

When he sacked him, Tim said the club couldn’t see him coaching this year or beyond, what a pity and an amazing insight that turned out to be.

Given what’s happening, I feel certain we would have been a lot better off with Madge. At least he didn’t bullshit, except his excuses v the dogs. But no one’s perfect.

Coaches we’ve missed out on include Des, Flanagan and Seibs just to name a few.

All for the sake of the fakes and imposters in charge now.

Benjis work in the halves has been rubbish, like he’s never played. As good as he was, let’s be honest, he’s a very poor communicator. Dial up quality when we need NBN. Players obviously don’t like him enough to listen to him.

No one has any belief out there.

Madge wasn’t Gods gift, but there were less players turning into custard.

I could blame individual players, but the whole show is a mess. It’s a group delinquency. We’ve got all used to losing. Tim’s pep talks are a yawn fest obviously. He can threaten and carry on, but the players have tuned out.

A beeping microwave finishing up dinner would put more urgency into our players games.

And as the season drags on, it’s going to get worse.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
On a positive note, could have been stuck with Ciraldo for 5 years. Whats Benji deal, 2 years? Wont even see it out, will bugger off to union before then. Its every kiwis dream to coach the all blacks etc
Yep.....some alarm bells ringing with him already.

His massive issue is essentially the same as ours.....a shit spine. The only difference between them and us is we at least admit that the players in those positions (Bula excluded) are shit. The Bulldogs and their fans though are pretty much in denial as pretty much most of them recently joined the club on big bucks.

*Perham.....he'll not have a regular gig in first grade after this season in the NRL.
*Burton....Im still yet to be convinced he is an NRL 6. He seems much more of a centre to me. Unfortanatly for Burton and the Dogs, his pay grade is too high to play centre and won't be put there. In the 90s or earlier eras, this problem would not exist and he'd have been moved to centre already.
*Reynolds, Rajeb, Oloapu, Flanagan....the multiple 7s who have been tried and failed there due to a combo of either being useless or not ready for first grade.
*Mahoney: He was quite effective at Parra...but his game has regressed bigtime. Reduced to basically a passer and a tackler.

Them buying Chriction to play fullback will not make things better either.

They are in for a world of hurt.

Pezz70

Juniors
Although with a good halve and centre added..….Why would sgi want to get rid of lomax?? Beats me
Probly cause he is another player that showed heaps of potential but doesn’t want to work for his pay. He looked the goods when he came into NRL but he is looking pretty run of the mill atm.

Pezz70

Juniors
Can you believe they actually put up a highlights reel on the clubs website. PML.
we had a few excuses last night but none worth 74 pts. Wakeham is just too slow, can’t carry him when the sides under the pump. Dearden exploited him all night, at least five of the tries came from Dearden getting on the outside of Wakeham with ease. Wakeham was down for five missed tackles last night when in reality he probably missed 10-15 that weren’t counted cause he didn’t get near the attacker.
On a positive note Da Silva looks a class above Simpkin. We need to keep him, got footy player written all over him even in a well beaten side

Fordy20

Juniors
Probly cause he is another player that showed heaps of potential but doesn’t want to work for his pay. He looked the goods when he came into NRL but he is looking pretty run of the mill atm.
He's disenfranchised and bitter. He needs something to believe in, but our club can't offer him anything.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Lomax seems to be busting out of his skin when I see him play. He’s ready to make a dent in the opposition. And he backs that up..I’d take bitter over dazed and confused with our lot..I think it’s unlikely we’d chase a centre for now?

Last edited:

So anything below a 74 point deficit against the sharks, is an improvement, right?

Some genius at the club has finally worked out what we were talking about on the weekend that it’s got to the point that silence, denial and hiding doesn’t work anymore.

We knew the mindless spin was coming, but Lee has failed to realise that he is perceived as being a big part of the problem. Note his deflection to Tim.

Mutterings about the roster exculpates the current basket case coaching and appalling management. And there’s no details about the roster. That’s just a throw away line.

If the club truly owned it, he would step down and the board reconstitute itself.

They say one thing but do another.

That’s as contemptuous and arrogant as it’s gets.

Looking at other sites, theres an exodus on. The club is losing support from many sides at an alarming rate.

We will hang on if we are given a reason.

gordsy

Juniors
What I wouldn't give for a team who just tucked the ball up under the arm and ran straight and hard, tackled all day and had halves that kicked deep and into the corners. No fancy football, just blokes who tried all day and put in effort that you could be proud of. Sadly we have a bunch of two dicks running the show.