What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs North Qld @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 5: Wests Tigers v North Qld

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 5
Wests Tigers v North Queensland Cowboys
Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield (TICKETS)
Sunday 11 April 2021

NSW Womens 10:30am -- U21 Jersey Flegg 11:45am -- NSW Cup 1:30pm -- NRL kickoff 4:05pm

WESTSTIGERS-2021.png

1. Daine Laurie 2. David Nofoaluma 3. James Roberts 4. Moses Mbye 5. Tommy Talau 6. Adam Doueihi 7. Luke Brooks 8. Zane Musgrove 9. Jacob Liddle 10. James Tamou 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Alex Twal
Interchange: 14. Michael Chee-Kam 15. Thomas Mikaele 16. Stefano Utoikamanu 17. Joe Ofahengaue 18. Alex Seyfarth 19. Joseph Leilua 20. Jake Simpkin 21. Tukimihia Simpkins

NORTHQLD-2021.png

1. Valentine Holmes 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 4. Connelly Lemuelu 5. Murray Taulagi 6. Scott Drinkwater 7. Ben Hampton 8. Francis Molo 9. Reece Robson 10. Jordan McLean 11. Shane Wright 12. Ben Condon 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Jake Granville 15. Coen Hess 16. Josh Mcguire 17. Lachlan Burr 18. Esan Marsters 19. Reuben Cotter 20. Corey Jensen 21. Jake Clifford

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Matt Cecchin
Sideline Officials: Matt Noyen, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Video Referees: Alan Shortall

NSW Cup: Wests Magpies (WST) v Mounties @ Leichhardt, Sun 1:40pm
QLD Cup: Norths v Townsville (NQL) @ Bishop Park, Sat 5:30pm
Pride (NQL) v Wynnum @ Barlow Park, Sat 6pm
Mackay (NQL) v PNG Hunters @ BB Print, Sat 6pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiger05

First Grade
Do we make any changes ? We really took it to Parra and Douiehi was poor.

I think we should throw Jake Simpkin onto the bench. I think the best option to make this happen but it's a close one is to move Mbye to the centres and Talau becomes a bench option but I'd drop him. I think one of Talau and or/ Kepaoa has to go.

Joe O stays on the bench for sure or he can start at lock. He was good. Stef and Mikaele to me also keep their spots.

Our left side is getting all the chances but it's off Luc. The problem is Talau and Kepaoa aren't doing much with their chances. We need to make that side better and give Roberts and Nofo some more space.

stryker

First Grade
On current form this could end up the most putrid game of footy played this year.
Both sides are poorly coached.
Both sides can’t defend.
Both sides are one dimensional in attack.
Both sides are loaded with reserve graders either trying to step up or masquerading as top level.
Both sides bring the skill level of the NRL down to embarrassing benchmarks.

That said, our mob are slightly less shithouse than theirs so I am expecting a win. It would be a nice change to see them play well to boot but I’m not holding my breath.

Maxxn99

Juniors
Might as well not bother watching then. Two bench spots wasted in your line up.

It should be Simpkin at 9, Mdud in reggies.
So what about Liddle? Is he on the bench or in reggies too.
That’s a lot of faith in Jake IMO
Oh btw I would pick Mbye at lock

gordsy

Juniors
So what about Liddle? Is he on the bench or in reggies too.
That’s a lot of faith in Jake IMO
Oh btw I would pick Mbye at lock
I like Liddle but if after this long you can't play 80 on your own then what will change next off season.
The game is so much about speed that bench sports for forwards are even more important now. We have M Plod taking up one as it is, having a 2nd hooker is ok if you have a Halatau like player doing it.

Tiger05

First Grade
On current form this could end up the most putrid game of footy played this year.
Both sides are poorly coached.
Both sides can’t defend.
Both sides are one dimensional in attack.
Both sides are loaded with reserve graders either trying to step up or masquerading as top level.
Both sides bring the skill level of the NRL down to embarrassing benchmarks.

That said, our mob are slightly less shithouse than theirs so I am expecting a win. It would be a nice change to see them play well to boot but I’m not holding my breath.

Quick question. Have you ever thought of some form of counseling or even some happy pills.

Tiger05

First Grade
Might as well not bother watching then. Two bench spots wasted in your line up.

It should be Simpkin at 9, Mdud in reggies.

There is no way we should play Simpkin starting at 9. I think we should be playing Simpkin though. The question is what to do with Mbye.

The idea of Mbye at lock isn't a bad one. He gave us a lot more options from there than Twal did yesterday. He couldn't play their all game but as an interchange it's not a bad option.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
We’ve been shit but we’re not cowboys shit atleast

Of course a win is the main objective but a13+ is really needed here to instil the faith

Sunday, Leichhardt. Really no excuses

Vic Mackey

Referee
I really really don't want to see the names Kepaoa and Garner named in our 21 today.

Thought Garners defence has improved however he is useless on the right. I think MCK got injured in nsw cup so not sure what other options we have

Kepeoa, I can’t deal with this guy. I genuinely can’t remember a player in the game having worse hands. It actually astounds me a guy can make it to NRL level that can barely catch a ball.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Thought Garners defence has improved however he is useless on the right. I think MCK got injured in nsw cup so not sure what other options we have

Kepeoa, I can’t deal with this guy. I genuinely can’t remember a player in the game having worse hands. It actually astounds me a guy can make it to NRL level that can barely catch a ball.

And why oh why do we always attack down Kepaoa's side and not Roberts/Nof? Does my head in.

Regardless, I think we win well this week.