What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

My favourite skippy episode was when he stopped the nuclear Holocaust with his tail.

There’s a young KGB Putin with the codes and Skippy rams her tail under the red button ( held up over the try line).

I went to see Skippy as a kid ( before moving overseas), she was in cage and presented as a forlorn and lonely figure.

A couple of my little mates wanted to try to break her out.

When I grew up, I learned they used casual and part time kangaroo labour and there were about 400 skippys used.

But on my life, I swear that Skippy we saw on the school excursion was the original.

A30C73F9-8E94-4B0B-9014-4E9900944692.jpeg
Ed Devereaux and a stand in Skippy ( i can tell by the ears).

In all seriousness, Ed was one of the greatest Australian actors of all time. Perfect performances.

Below is Trevor Goddard, while English, he passed himself off as an Australian. He died of a drug overdose.

3138B01D-9AD9-4F0E-AC40-848D76A47260.jpeg
Although a Pom, he was more Aussie than any actor I’ve ever seen lol. Very sad loss aged 40. Drug overdose, lots of powerful drugs. Marriage issues but ruled accidental. Rip and let’s hope one day, we can bring him to the country...that he wanted to call home.

Great Actor from JAG. He fooled a lot of Aussies as well (lol), claimed he was from WA somewhere. We know NZ better. Sorry my friend @WA Tiger buddy ( we all know you guys want to leave the commonwealth). Look at his episodes, he was very talented.

Of course Rusty is considered to be the best actor in the world at the moment. Loves our game as well.

Last edited:

Jim Rockford

Bench
Another guy punching well above his weight has to be Darin Stevens. Not only was Samantha gorgeous but she had those awesome powers.

Bewitched.jpg

horrie hastings

First Grade
My favourite skippy episode was when he stopped the nuclear Holocaust with his tail.

There’s a young KGB Putin with the codes and Skippy rams her tail under the red button ( held up over the try line).

I went to see Skippy as a kid ( before moving overseas), she was in cage and presented as a forlorn and lonely figure.

When I grew up, I learned they used casual and part time kangaroo labour and there were about 400 skippys used.

But on my life, I swear that Skippy we saw on the school excursion was the original.

View attachment 48414

In all seriousness, Ed was one of the greatest Australian actors of all time. Perfect performances.

Was quite upset when Ed Devereaux passed away, he was one of those rugged good looking males who could act.

Burst out laughing when i found this photo.

What that's you got Skip says Clancy :eek:

8971076826_f87433ffef_z.jpg

I wonder how Clancy felt living in a house full of males and a kangaroo ?

Nealo 12

Bench

View attachment 48414

Below is Trevor Goddard, while English, he passed himself off as an Australian. He died of a drug overdose.

View attachment 48415
Although a Pom, he was more Aussie than any actor I’ve ever seen lol. Very sad loss aged 40. Drug overdose, lots of powerful drugs. Marriage issues but ruled accidental. Rip and let’s hope one day, we can bring him to the country...that he wanted to call home.

Great Actor from JAG. He fooled a lot of Aussies as well (lol), claimed he was from WA somewhere. We know NZ better. Sorry my friend @WA Tiger buddy ( we all know you guys want to leave the commonwealth). Look at his episodes, he was very talented.

Of course Rusty is considered to be the best actor in the world at the moment. Loves our game as well.
WTF what a rant !