What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
The self righteous attack on Latrell by all and sundry was sickening

No doubt it was going to be a “I’m going to smash you side on tackle” amongst a couple of mates and unfortunately went astray due to several factors.

Unfortunately the incredibly soft nature of some of the stuff that has copped suspensions this year and the constant cry of the media “to clean up the game” will see him suspended longer than what it is really worth.

Whikst I dislike Gallen intensely he does provide a voice of reason when it comes to these situations as he simply calls it like it is in that it is a physical game and things do happen.

Worth 2 weeks IMO and whilst on that how the hell did all this carry over points rubbish come about?

By all means rub them out for as long as each individual event warrants but the notion that you get longer now because of something prior is ridiculous.

All that carry over points is saying is “we didn’t get it right last time”
I always like reading your posts OT; but I respectfully disagree on this one. He cleaned Manu up. He had a clear view of him, it was not a reflect action. He may not have meant to hurt him to the extent that eventuated, but Manu will be having surgery sometime this week and could take a long time to recovery both physically and mentally. It is a hard game no doubt, but all players have a duty of care within the bounds of the sport. Mitchell deserves what he gets on this charge.

blacksafake

First Grade
Thanks for the insight mate. Good to know there’s a good guy in there too.

Some call it aggression but I see a grub with the over the top stuff. Like I said in a post, his grubbiness is a real shame he is enormously talented and could be a really great role model.
I really want to like him & he’s a real talent but he does make it hard with some of the stuff he does.

Gareth67

First Grade
Wow, that's unlike the NRL to to come up with a pointless knee-jerk reaction to something and to use a scapegoat to avert attention from themselves. How very odd.

Well it was to be expected , after all the bloke ran into Manu like a freight train and knocked the poor sod into next week .

Oh just a moment , he was the ref wasn’t he , not the player who actually done the deed .

However - as other members have mentioned - it is a real slap in the face for every team that has suffered harshly under the ‘ no head contact ‘ rule ( a mob called the Dragons come to mind ) instigated by none other then the NRL’s ex - jockey himself .

So undoubtedly the player himself will also be at the mercy of our heartless judiciary who we all know will dispense a penalty that fits such an unsavory act .

Last edited:

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Rumour....apparently Jaydyn Sullivan is free to negotiate from November and there a quite a number of clubs lining up to make offers. Dragons should move quickly to lock him up longer term if this is the case
You're right. Jayden is currently only under contract until the end of 2022. For years he has been touted as "the future of St George Illawarra ", and he seems like a good one. I hope Haran and Millward don't take their eye of the ball with Sulli's resigning. This is one instance where I don't like clubs being able to talk to players a year out from when their contract ends!

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
Rumour....apparently Jaydyn Sullivan is free to negotiate from November and there a quite a number of clubs lining up to make offers. Dragons should move quickly to lock him up longer term if this is the case
Surely not? Has showed real class in the few opportunities he has had, not to mention playing out of position and excelling. Sign him up long term I say