What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
Turbo becomes available - do we pursue?

I'm conflicted. Obvious superstar of the game but do we want another million in another fullback who is injury prone?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Jeez it’s a tough one, we need quality players desperately but it doesn’t fix our biggest issue which is halfback.
Although a spine of…
1. Turbo
6. Ponga
7. Clifford??? Brooks??? Someone???
9. Brailey

… is way better than the shit we’ve got at the moment.

Yosh

Coach
Jeez it’s a tough one, we need quality players desperately but it doesn’t fix our biggest issue which is halfback.
Although a spine of…
1. Turbo
6. Ponga
7. Clifford??? Brooks??? Someone???
9. Brailey

… is way better than the shit we’ve got at the moment.
1. Would miss 20 games a season
6. Would go missing in 20 games a season
7. Head wouldn't be in the right place 20 games a season
9. Will suffer 20 different injuries a season

I'm being harsh but it looks so risky.

Jono078

Referee
1. Would miss 20 games a season
6. Would go missing in 20 games a season
7. Head wouldn't be in the right place 20 games a season
9. Will suffer 20 different injuries a season

I'm being harsh but it looks so risky.
It's funny because it's true.

🥲

Bdubs

Juniors
we still have the same problem in that we don't have roster spots for either of them or the money.

Our roster is a mess. Players on way too much, no depth and no half back.

Almost every other club is buying new players and improving their team/squad, yet we are basically stuck with the same team as this year

I just hope the club has a plan that will sort this out quickly

Knight Tales

Juniors
If Turbo leaves Manly then the game is broken. All of a sudden many players careers will be turned upside down
as clubs will move mountains to get him. He won’t fix our issues. Jake would be worth it just to see him completely tighten our middle with his peerless defence.

Bdubs

Juniors
If Turbo leaves Manly then the game is broken. All of a sudden many players careers will be turned upside down
as clubs will move mountains to get him. He won’t fix our issues. Jake would be worth it just to see him completely tighten our middle with his peerless defence.
100% agree that if Turbo was to leave other clubs would turn their rosters upside down to get him. That could work out good for us as other players will become available which we could go after.

If we did go after Jake, I think the best part of Jake's game for us would be his leadership, which we desperately need

Bdubs

Juniors
Manly has imploded and there will be players looking to get out of the mess around the club.

I know we will need to somehow move players on and create enough cap space, but assuming that did happen, which players should we look at?

Players that come to mind initially are:

DCE - much better option then Brooks, but money would be a deciding factor. DCE worth probably $1.2 mill, Brooks probably $500,000 but i think if we do get him we will be paying a lot more then that

Garick - wants to play fullback, we can accommodate that by moving Ponga to 5/8 which i think is were Ponga should be and we could get him for $500,00 - $600,000

Jake - we need a leader and he fits that perfectly, couldn't match his current salary if it is indeed around the $1 mill mark

Burwood

Bench
Chase DCE every day of the week, even if only to drive up what Wayne needs to pay him to lure him back home to the dolphins.

Yosh

Coach
Jake should be top priority. Make him club captain to boot. Klem plus a little change for Jake. That's a big upgrade.

8. Saifiti
10. Saifiti
13. Jake

Latest posts