What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

aqua_duck

Coach
A good 2 years. His game doesn’t rely on strength or speed, he’s very durable and only had one season since his debut in 2011 where he’s played under 20 matches.
the issue is that he's got a 2 year window, a window where we're realistically nowhere near any of the top sides so what would motivate DCE to come here?

mozza91

Coach
Not fussed on Jake. He’s gone massively downhill the last few years. Don’t think we should spend any more money on slow forwards.

DCE on the other hand is a very good player in a position we desperately lack. Obi won’t go for it though because he only signs terrible halves.

Apey

Staff member
I'd go for DCE, I wonder how much he'd be asking at his age. Not going to happen though.

PhilGould

Bench
Yeah Jake probably is the best "leader" that might be available but he's a bit of a slug on the field these days. Doubt either of them leave Manly anyway.

Old dog

Juniors
Am I missing something, Jake, a slug, funny how he is in Aust World Cup squad, fortunately we are in a position to be selective on who we sign or don’t, so good to be part of a STRONG and COMPETITIVE club

Loose Cannon

Bench
1. Would miss 20 games a season
6. Would go missing in 20 games a season
7. Head wouldn't be in the right place 20 games a season
9. Will suffer 20 different injuries a season

I'm being harsh but it looks so risky.
Agreed.

Although I’m not sure if you are speaking of Turbo, or Kalyn.
Edit: read it as 1,2,3,4. But even better the way you presented it.

Bdubs

Juniors
the issue is that he's got a 2 year window, a window where we're realistically nowhere near any of the top sides so what would motivate DCE to come here?
if we did get DCE i think we would become a competitive top 8 side. We were with Pearce and DCE is a better player than Pearce ever was. If we could jag Garrick, then that would give us a great spine of

1 Garrick
6 Ponga
7 DCE
9 Brailey

All hypothetical, but a spine like that which stays healthy would push for top 4

PhilGould

Bench
He'll join Tex Hoy there. Hoy was initially signed to play in the halves, but they just released their fullback so he and Clifford will slot in to their preferred positions.

The interesting part is that the player Hull released is joining Huddersfield and is an established fullback/half/utility back. Huddersfield already have another player who covered a similar role this year named Will Pryce. Could be another moving part here.

ryan.a87

Juniors
I haven’t watched many tigers games over the last few years, but didn’t he win the halfback of the year a couple of years ago with tigers in bottom 8?…..surely he couldn’t be that bad, look at the rest of the tigers line up, even Cleary would struggle with that