What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day - Once Were Warriors

Chimp

Bench
Where abouts in England you from?
Leeds…. Started my love affair with the Sharks when ET had his guest stints at Leeds - he was like a god. All RL players in England back then were white, a bit fat, with shit short curly hair and even shitter mustaches, then this bronzed god arrived, who was super quick, super slick and who even all the blokes in the crowd fancied - he was incredible . My old man somehow got hold of a match worn ET Sharks jersey, and that was me bought in for life.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
It’s a huge 2 points. Couldn’t be happier. Stayed calm. Got the job done. Get on a plane come home. Job done.

500!!!! less metres gained
48 less runs
Nearly 7 more sets of tackles

no problem.

When Metcalf ran through half a dozen players to score...my first thoughts were Great Defense -NOT! From that moment on defense and effort went up a notch. As an older supporter, for the Sharks to win in NZ and to win their 1st of the Season is so satisfying

bluefox68

Staff member
Was it my imagination, or did Fitz play Toby a little wider than usual?

If so, good move.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Possibly our best win under Fitz so far imo. First 5 pages of the thread were priceless. Frenzy was about the only one not writing off the season 😂As others have mentioned...some of the defensive efforts of WK and Nicho were sensational. Dont reckon i've never seen a player with better hand/eye coordination and reflexes than Tricky. Those two in-goal groundings were priceless and he consistently intercepts sharp grubbers in other games. The other play that impressed me was Sifa getting off the deck to take the return pass off ronnie for his try. Not many big fellas could/would do that. Tommy has continued to develop and will only keep getting better. Massive win and confidence builder.but essential that they back it up next week.

I al
Leeds…. Started my love affair with the Sharks when ET had his guest stints at Leeds - he was like a god. All RL players in England back then were white, a bit fat, with shit short curly hair and even shitter mustaches, then this bronzed god arrived, who was super quick, super slick and who even all the blokes in the crowd fancied - he was incredible . My old man somehow got hold of a match worn ET Sharks jersey, and that was me bought in for life.
I always admired , even Idolised ET for the way he hardened up his defense, was smart and ran great lines in Attack ,and was always loyal to the sharks. I was probably a bit jealous of his good looks and lady fans so, never really fell in love with him till he got his own fishing show !

Possibly our best win under Fitz so far imo. First 5 pages of the thread were priceless. Frenzy was about the only one not writing off the season 😂As others have mentioned...some of the defensive efforts of WK and Nicho were sensational. Dont reckon i've never seen a player with better hand/eye coordination and reflexes than Tricky. Those two in-goal groundings were priceless and he consistently intercepts sharp grubbers in other games. The other play that impressed me was Sifa getting off the deck to take the return pass off ronnie for his try. Not many big fellas could/would do that. Tommy has continued to develop and will only keep getting better. Massive win and confidence builder.but essential that they back it up next week.
I would have just put in a LIKE but Im not allowed to . f**k internet and its big bosses and all their changing rules and regulations . IM OLD I dont like change !... unless its sharks going from losing to WiNNING!!

Chimp

Bench
I al

I always admired , even Idolised ET for the way he hardened up his defense, was smart and ran great lines in Attack ,and was always loyal to the sharks. I was probably a bit jealous of his good looks and lady fans so, never really fell in love with him till he got his own fishing show !
I was only a young kid when he played at Leeds, so didn’t understand the game properly, but even at that age, I understood the difference in the crowd noise when ET got the ball, and he just looked like a star with his hair, tan, figure…. We also had Cliff Lyons and my Dad and Grandad always raved about how good he was, but as a kid, he didn’t stand out like ET did… and I didn’t end up with his shirt, imagine how different life would be if my old man had got hold of a Cliffy Manly shirt instead, doesn’t bare thinking about

coolumsharkie

Referee
I went to school with ET