What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
I couldn't ever seen how or why he ever would have come here...no links to WT whatsoever and then we were arguably the worst destination for any rep player....Souths were his only good fit....GC maybe also back then with Mal up there
The $1m came from him or his manager, can't remember why, something happened at Easts I think, anyway, we offered it, but a few players including Fox (from memory), said to stay away, so he did?

Tigerm

First Grade
Just received an email from NSWRL selling properties?
Anyone else get one.
Suspect they are selling our information :(

Tigerm

First Grade
Just on Instagram and L Mitchell was saying he's going to try out for the SF 49ers.
Doesn't say when, don't know if it's true, but surely he's not leaving the club in the shitta now?
Though, who knows, it might be for the best for Souths.

Just on Instagram and L Mitchell was saying he's going to try out for the SF 49ers.
Doesn't say when, don't know if it's true, but surely he's not leaving the club in the shitta now?
Though, who knows, it might be for the best for Souths.

Wouldn't hurt them to be rid of him. He looks very unfit and disinterested at the moment.

Combine that with an ageing spine consisting of Walker & Cook who won't be getting any quicker or better and they're on a hiding to nothing.

Tigerm

First Grade

Playing reserve grade, we were lucky.
With Scott Fulton possibly going to the drags, you would think he will be pushing for him, to go there.

Last edited:
Wow. Is there any confirmation from the player or Manly? I find it hard to believe he wouldn't want to see out his contract. He'll never see that type of money again. In the short term at least.

I also can't see any interest from other clubs that would allow him to play 1st grade and try to resurrect his career. I believe he had this year and next year to go on $800K, but I'm not sure on this.

If this is true, he's basically just given away a house. And a decent one at that in a good area at that.

Playing reserve grade, we were lucky.
With Scott Fulton possibly going to the drags, you would think he will be pushing for him, to go there.
Just heard that Schuster has 3 years left with Manly at $800K starting next year.

Apparently he hasn't been released, but they've told him he's not in their plans and to find another club.

That's all well and good for Manly. Although contracts aren't worth much anymore, they still are a legally binding agreement and if there is to be an early termination both parties have to agree to the termination. If I was Schuster I'd tell them to get farked, turn up for reserve grade and collect my $2.4 million, plus whatever he's getting this year.

That way when he's finished his NRL career at the end of 2027 he'll be the proud outright owner of a home in Sydney, and have a large stack dough saved in his account on top. Because he's so lazy he's got f**k all chance of getting any long term injuries, especially brain injuries.

Then he just does what he wants. Get a job in construction or similar with some mates. Play a bit of A grade or union if he wants. Or maybe another NRL club with no brains will come knocking with another large contract.

It's easy to say the players are too spoilt and get too much money they don't deserve, which I do agree with to a large extent, but it was the clubs who first started shafting contracted players. Manly started the practice when they moved Vautin on to Easts, saying he wasn't wanted or needed anymore. This to the club captain who'd given everything for them. Well the chickens have sure come home to roost.

Stand your ground Josh and collect your money

Last edited:
This just keeps on getting better and better. Meninga was a hopeless NRL coach 1st time around and he won't be any better this time. He's used to being in an environment where every player is elite, highly motivated, all pulling in the same direction, all paid the same, and the comp lasts 2 months tops and made up of 3 to 5 games. Nothing like the NRL.

If Souffs go down that road it will almost guarantee them the spoon. Who would have thought it? Brisbane and Souffs both getting the spoon in the last 5 years. The NRL is truely the gift that keeps on giving.

macnaz

Staff member
I think Mals role as interim coach would be more of role model and mentor to the players ( Walker,Latreen) and settle the club until a long term option is found.

Tigerm

First Grade
This just keeps on getting better and better. Meninga was a hopeless NRL coach 1st time around and he won't be any better this time. He's used to being in an environment where every player is elite, highly motivated, all pulling in the same direction, all paid the same, and the comp lasts 2 months tops and made up of 3 to 5 games. Nothing like the NRL.

If Souffs go down that road it will almost guarantee them the spoon. Who would have thought it? Brisbane and Souffs both getting the spoon in the last 5 years. The NRL is truely the gift that keeps on giving.
Got the feeling, they may be doing it, to try and get Mitchell back on track?