What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

Coach
Very much assume Harper isnt getting kept for next year now...

We will keep Simmonson as a wing/centre backup along with Sivo.

Along With Dick AMS Blaize we start to have an ok backup backline in 2025.

jason taylor

Bench
We absolutely need another outside back. I’d throw Oates an 18months offer to join now.
Oates far exceeds all our other options on the wing. But given we passed on him when he was technically off contract last year, it’s either we weren’t interested, or he doesn’t want to leave Brisbane even if he’s languishing in reserves

King-Gutho94

Coach
The St George example in 2010 with a better coach destroys your theory. So does the Jack Gibson example in 1981. Both teams were almost there until a better coach took them to the next level.
Bennett was perfect for us at end of 2021 when he finished at souths.

2022 we probably win GF day

We wouldn't turn up asleep for 75 mins.

And heck we wouldn't lose to the Tigers and Bulldogs that season and end up finishing finish top 2 where we wouldn't have to travel to Townsville on prelim weekend where it takes 6 months to recover from when playing in September.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hope this isn't true. Source above

A figure close to $850,000 is reportedly set to come off the club’s salary cap due to rules dictating players can’t join rival clubs for a contract worth less than their previous deal.

emjaycee

Coach
Hope this isn't true. Source above

A figure close to $850,000 is reportedly set to come off the club’s salary cap due to rules dictating players can’t join rival clubs for a contract worth less than their previous deal.
I reckon that we wont be finalising the contract signing without knowing how much is going on the cap so I dont think it will end up as $850,000 because we probably wont lodge it at that amount.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Bennett was perfect for us at end of 2021 when he finished at souths.

2022 we probably win GF day

We wouldn't turn up asleep for 75 mins.

And heck we wouldn't lose to the Tigers and Bulldogs that season and end up finishing finish top 2 where we wouldn't have to travel to Townsville on prelim weekend where it takes 6 months to recover from when playing in September.
*Years

Chipmunk

Coach
Be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks seeing we still have 3 spots left that must be filled by June.

BTW - Didn't I tell you we were looking at a significant outside back? It was at least 6 weeks ago.
We don't have to actually fill any of them, because we've let three players go since the start of the season, we've actually used our 30 players. However, if the right players come along we can still fill three spots if we choose.